1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New kiss tweaks

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Hannibaliafun, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Hannibaliafun

Hannibaliafun Active Member

Do what do people think about the two bit and kiss profile after today's update? If you haven't checked, the khd bit's kiss now has a pitcher(+1B). I am was mostly taking the repeater kiss previously but I think that 1 point is a pretty good deal. Especially because kiss is now bs 11. Being able to put three repeaters up range in one order seems pretty awesome.

bladerunner_35 and joedj like this.
  2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Nice, I hadn’t seen that. I guess at some point we really need that clarification on how +1B works with disposable weapons, though.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  3. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

It most likely uses the extra ammo, the rules annex mentions it for the linked burst bonus. Would probably be best to apply that to other bonuses unless FAQ'd otherwise.

That said this is actually a really important change for Combined Army. We have some of the best hackers in the game, but generally poor repeater coverage. Now after 2 orders you can get 6 repeaters on the table, including her minelayer.

toadchild likes this.
  4. MrAnarchy

MrAnarchy Active Member

Does the Minelayer work with Kiss! As well because of G: Sync? As a deployment skill?

5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

It does not. KISS would also need minelayer. But it does mean when Bit declares place deployable, Kiss does as well. Pretty nice.

I feel the RAW is fairly clear that KISS can fire B2 pitchers twice before being unloaded (my reading is that because Doubleshot and the link burst bonus rules specify that those burst increases also consume Disposable charges, unless specified extra burst doesn't consume extra charges i.e. KISS firing their B2 pitcher is considered to have declared the pitcher's use once), but we're missing clarity on whether that's intended. I believe it's on the list of unanswered questions likely to be resolved in the first FAQ.

Either way that particular question falls - it's a very nice profile now.

6. TheDiceAbide

Warcor

Hopefully! I think it's safest to assume it won't give you four shots though, we have been playing conservatively on things like this. Then either we get a bonus with the FAQ or it is as he had been playing, instead of feeling like we've cheated our friends, in the few games we can play right now, before it was officially answered, haha.

In either case, even with the more conservative reading of the rules, it is an incredibly useful tool for CA, and we have plenty of baggage around for reloading. This really transforms the hacking landscape in a significant way for the army.

Lesh' and RobertShepherd like this.
  7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I don't like having this much hang on a single named character for purely personal immersion reasons, but it is a big boon.

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  8. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

In what world did Bit and Kiss need more buffs? I'm sure CA players are happy, but I find this super baffling.

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  9. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I agree with your assessment of the profile, but I disagree here. I don’t there’s ever been an instance of extra burst not using up extra ammo. Remember, CB gives friendly reminders frequently. So when they are mentioned in those rules, it’s likely because they apply to other situations as well.

10. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

There hasn't, but the rules have changed - we shouldn't assume that N3 is precedent for N4.

Either way I'm sure it'll be answered soon enough. They're a great profile no matter how it works :)

yoink101 likes this.
  11. TheDiceAbide

Warcor

It is interesting, part of me doesn't like it, the other part of me likes the unique tactical options that a single character can bring. If the faction suddenly opened up it's repeater net on multiple models it may be too much of a buff.

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Back when I started playing, I actually liked that CA didn't have any named characters at all. Even in a setting like Infinity's where resurrection is possible, I find it a bit immersion-breaking to watch the same character die over and over again in so many battlefields.

bloodw4ke and TheDiceAbide like this.
  13. joedj

joedj Member

It's multiple 'cosplay'-imposters of the character dying, not the actual. CA has the tech to voodoo any rando into appearing like someone important, or vice versa. Speculos look like your best friends afterall!

bloodw4ke likes this.
  14. bloodw4ke

bloodw4ke Well-Known Member

Yep, I like it. Maximize the propaganda of Kiss and Ko Dali wrecking up the human sphere. Turns out it's actually thirty or forty specially trained Urkherits with a human mask and prosthetic legs...

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation