1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morat agression force. Whyyyyyyyy

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Wonderman1st, Oct 4, 2020.

1. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

+3 ARM bonus in CC? Good god.

At least back then, you had to spend an order on CC if you were stuck in it. So the whole CC tarpit thing would kind of work out, but I can't see it being good for much else lol

Also look how specific it is - if both fighters succeed but this one scores a hit. So opponent missing = no trigger. I actually like this type of thing if its used right (ie, a skill that triggers if they miss), but when its the CC skill, thats wonky as hell

2. Smooth Criminal

That's a cool tech, I'll keep that in mind. Should work well for pretas.

3. Wonderman1st

Wonderman1st Member

Soooo my boys!!! How many games did you make with morats and against whom? How is your impression in comparisement?
    For today i have 21 game with different opponents and dfferent types of lists. Who else??
    SOmeone to tell that he is devastating everything with morats? Any of the sofa warriors tried to play with the "extremly balanced factions" like kosmoflot nomads vanilla ariadna ? varuna oss? any ideas? or still morats are Tier 1-2 faction in your dreams?

#163 Wonderman1st, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    El tito Zylito likes this.
  4. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Are you having a stroke?

Stiopa and Savnock like this.
  5. Wonderman1st

Wonderman1st Member

i just want to find out whether there are people who are trying to collect some data of who just desided to play morats in N4 to overview other factions in comparisement. maybe there will be more hesitating ones in brilliance of the game balance regarding monkeys.

6. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Sheesh, the sarcasm and wit are off the roof today!

In all seriousness, I've played a few games and even wrote my impressions after them in the Tactica thread. They're mostly good. Hardest part is building a list with all the toys since a lot of the stuff is expensive, but still, rolling with 12-13 order lists is somewhat easy.

7. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

I've had one game with MAF against Tunguska playing Supplies.
    They performed very well indeed. Raicho was solid until I rolled 1,2,2 for my ARM rolls and it went down to a breaker combi.
    Kornak, Suryat HMG, Vanguard ML + 2 Van FOs formed a solid link that marched up the board securing boxes and eventually ending up in the opponents DZ. Kornak did most of the heavy lifting eventually mobbing Perseus in CC.
    A Zerat managed to hold one area of the mid-field. Impressed with their new iteration on that one showing.

Played with a couple of units in vanilla too. Yaogat MSR(+1B) was decent. His target somehow passed 4 ARM rolls on his 2 hits and a crit so he didn't actually achieve that much but the theory is sound.
    Dat was obviously excellent. Berserk is a nice addition for those situations when something just has to die. Used it to good effect to dispatch an Intruder.

All in all, very positive.

EDIT: I will caveat this by saying for both us these were our first games in over 6 months and first N4 so we were really rusty.

#167 Skjarr, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    WiT?, RobertShepherd, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  8. Wonderman1st

Wonderman1st Member

and i searched for this tactica thread - can you give me the link, please

9. DaRedOne

Warcor

Wonderman1st likes this.
  10. Wonderman1st

Wonderman1st Member

i think that i will write the same post and we will compare=)))

El tito Zylito likes this.
  11. DaRedOne

Warcor

You know what? Be my guest, mate. It took me a week of comparing stuff, playing games and writing to make that post. Go for it if you think you can make it better. We're here to improve.

Reece and RobertShepherd like this.
  12. Smooth Criminal

Played against vanilla islam, bahram, imperial service, white company, oss, winter force.

The linked msv rocket suryat is the only godd aro, everything else dies in 1 order against smoke+msv2. I'd say how you take suryats (core with vanguards, haris, core with suryats) is the linchpin of the list. Immune to ap can really put a wrench in opponent's plan.

As far as smoke+msv2 goes I think it's so overdone that people will tech against it and that makes yaogat useless. He has big chances of losing against linked msv. The premier aro destroyer is again linked suryat.

Did not like the explode drop at all, people deploy in a way that it's hard to drop without shooting aro and links just ignore the -3 on dodge making the roll easy for them.

Sogorat turned out better than I thought at first. He's above the curve in terms of damage dealing and is pretty tanky when you put him in supressive mode. AP hmg is rare at this point range. My number 1 consideration for lieutenant.

Kornak turned out to be worse than expected at first, easy to kill, weak melee, weak shooting without link, costs too much to sit back for that +1 order. I think he's only good in daturazi link.

Camo is a problem but 4pt bugs help against it by being cheap impetuous orders. You can discover on impetuous, right? 4pt bugs in general are pretty cool dudes, had them rambo around with their 6-6 climbing move and melee cheerleaders to death alien-style.

For impetuous rule the faq is really needed, a lot of questions on how to resolve things properly.

Haven't played against heavy hacking lists so no idea how playable our heavies are into that.

Rodoks are good but a bit expensive, you can't just randomly throw them into a list as a solid filler.
    Filler orders is a problem in general for us, we're overpaying a lot for veteran on filler. Bug regular link will be missed for that reason.

We are slow, where other factions sometimes have 6-2 we have 4-4. Krakots are pleasant surprise in this regard, roll that 8-4 or 6-4 and you're good.

Pricey orders, lack of forward/infilrate and camo make our order economy below curve. Where we win we have to work by winning close f2f rolls (no skewing with surprise, big mimetism, etc.) or hoping opponent fails theirs arm rolls against templates, no freebies for us. We can mitigate that somehow by putting out more additional orders with lieutenant +1 and all the tac awareness.

Definitely not tier 1-2.

DaRedOne likes this.
  13. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Discover isn't one of the skills listed for impetuous orders. They can discover with their irregular but not their impetuous

Teslarod, Lesh' and toadchild like this.
  14. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Had my first game with Morats this evening. 10-0 major in Firefight, but also it was against Druze so YMMV. Everything worked pretty well except he guided missile killed my Oznat before I could attack with the hungry link so I never got to test the advance + delta split attack but it felt ok even running the hungries up individually, just less efficient. They're still great bubble wrap in a sectorial that really wants the insulation.

I've got a video up if anyone would like to watch it. Game was a fun one. For future iterations of the list there's a few things I think I'd changed but I liked where it was going. I'm not going to play a lot of MAF, but the individual pieces hang together pretty nicely at least one game in.

WiT?, Skjarr, Sven F. and 3 others like this.
  15. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

:upside_down_face:

16. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

You should do more of these, I thought that was solid infinity content and I feel ttw is a path to major recognition of the game.

Pity the link didn't do anything but the hungries felt solid. Surprised at how useful gaki are though they still feel like they should be a pupnik style peripheral.

Just find mass irregular hard to justify atm. MAF can do so due to the quantity of tac orders and strat1 to get a big combat group at least

RobertShepherd and Devil_Tiger like this.
  17. Wonderman1st

Wonderman1st Member

the job is finished, so I will use my Sunday or monday to write the report. So for now I played 32 games and got Little stabilized, but still not ok:)

Reece likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation