1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Miniatures for expansions?

Discussion in 'News' started by rag1n, Apr 29, 2019.

1. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

Hi

I love the skins coming out so far but recently I got my hands on the metal miniatures from the core set collectors edition. I find the casts nicer and the extra weight makes them a bit harder to push around in the hexadome (ie stronger defense rolls! just kidding xD)

Is anyone aware of any plans for the expansion models to get metal versions as well? Otherwise, please give us as many skins as quickly as possible!

2. zephen1802

zephen1802 Active Member

While they may change their mind down the road, they've said that they aren't doing (outside of new skins) metal minis for this game. This game was meant to appeal to a wider board game crowd and not just the miniature hobbyist that play infinity.

chromedog likes this.
  3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

After replacing standard bases with Custoomeeple ones and seeing miniatures up close I'd love to be able to get some of the miniatures in metal. The quality of some resin ones is just awful. Melted faces/details, bent weapons (yeah, sure you can heat it up and fix most of it) and this awful flash. Seriously, how do you guys remove it? You can't just file it normally because of that rubbery resin material, it will turn into a mess, all I can think of is trying to cut it with a very sharp model knife, but it still gotta be very tedious.
    My main gripe with with current miniatures - they knew the models will be cast in resin, and probably never be done in metal, yet they stick to these dynamic poses (standing on one leg, running) with lots of stuff sticking out and these long and thin weapons (the worst would probably be oberon).

4. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

The long and thin weapons are tedious but easy to remove the flash (I still have my blood rage minis to clean, and now around a hundred new minis from Hellboy boardgame), my biggest gripe is that certain models get these dynamic poses by glueing different pieces together, making the cleaning and painting basically hell because they are covering the sides of the miniature.

5. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Had the worst sculpts, especially the faces, with the core box: Gata and Major Lunah. The rest was quite decent with a small quality drop with the Chemical Brothers. I love the metal ones but I really love the plastic ones as well. They are more easy to handle/transport/paint.

I wonder if CB could look for another producer in China with more experience and better quality. Got some 28-32mm Overwatch miniatures (3D printed) from Singapore and the quality and details were very Infinity-like.

6. Knastcore

Knastcore Real Life Aristo!

Similar topic poped-up a while ago.
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/will-expansions-be-available-with-metal-miniatures.1004/

It doesn't look like CB plans on a "Collectors Edition Expansion". Since the Skins they release are Metal, this will probably satisfy the majority of Metal Mini Fans and they´re looking amazing, too.
    But the release rate is quite slow with 1 new skin vs 2 new Aristos each quartal. We will never be at the point of having all Team members Metal.
    Quality is getting better but it's still too far from a CB Metal mini for me to enjoy them beyond being a tool for the game.
    The Fact that they are pre-build makes it a pain in the a** to paint some of them cause it's not easy to reach every part of the Mini. And getting rid of molding lines is hard cause of the PVC material being so soft.

SoF are in Infinity now, there will definitely be a Metal Release of them somewhere down the line. There is Dart, Massacre and the CE edition of the CoreBox. For the rest, skins will be the way to switch out the plastic minis one at a time.

7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

My only issue with the plastics is bendy weapons.

I'm pretty unhappy with my Valkyrie's rubber axe shaft.

But it's not enough to justify the higher cost and lower uptake for metal models.

8. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Compared to someone like CMON when it comes to plastic minis...they are really far behind in their game. Also, giving everyone bunch of cards from other languages that are basically useless to people just drives price up unecesarry. You are almost paying price of metal minis for plastic ones.
    In infinity they won't give you like one extra weapon in box for modelling purposes because of the costs, yet here somehow they can give you extra 70 cards?! I mean, they don't give it to you, you pay for then...

9. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

Sorry for doubling the conversation.

Some of the skins that are coming out are sweet but I like having team colors amongst my minis. I guess the skins will have to take up those colors now (minus the core set skins as there are metal models already)

Like an actual sports team I have a "home" theme and an "away" theme.

Would have much preferred to spice up the skins a bit more but there you go

10. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Just waiting for the alternates and not painting my PVCs is how I do it. The PVCs are perfectly servicable but I know I'm a perfectionist who wouldn't be happy with them. I would love a metal expansion but it isn't realistic sadly.

11. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I learned to love the plastic ones and they are easy to paint. Just two miniatures were not that good imo: Lunah and Gata. Since the plastics lost a lot of details especially on the face of both Aristos.

I would really love to see more skins though. They release to few imo and could get more money out of that concept.

The cards cost them just about a few Cents per card. So producing and storing different language versions is a higher risk. And I use two Berufsunfähigkeit, for example. German for my wife who is good at usual and business English but likes gaming in their mother tongue. And English for events.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation