1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makreep and Other Choices in Vanilla Combine

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Toalpaz, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Toalpaz

Toalpaz Well-Known Member

Hey, I know that the Makreep typically isn't chosen over choices like the Malignos or Noctifier because it usually is slower and doesn't kill things better for a similar price. I was just wondering what you all thought the Makreep's place is in a vanilla list if it doesn't really kill things better. I've been kicking around the idea in my head that it might be good to assist with guarding a flank with the 29 pt Combi Light Shotgun profile. Kind of expensive but has SS Lv 1 and MSV 2 so goodish utility.

I've also been thinking about why one might want to take Morats in vanilla. The Rodok HMG is a good reason, but I thought it may be interesting to not take an EI aspect LT and instead take 4-5 Morats and an aggressive LT in order to save some points off of expensive the G: Mnenotica. They provide their 4-5 religious veteran orders in event of LoL.

How do you people play Vanilla? What are your favourite lists?

2. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I think the Makreep is only overlooked in Onyx because theres no smoke. In generic CA, the Makreep w/ HMG can exploit smoke which makes it a good way to eliminate long range ARO units.

3. Dustin

Dustin Member

I use the HMG Makreep in onyx but never as an ARO unit. I like her as an active turn killer, I see a lot of ODD and Camo in my meta though, so the msv helps even though there is no smoke. In vanilla I like her with the daturatzi also getting it a little up field and in suppressive fire works well also.

4. Styx

Styx Cat.IE~~

Charontid + noctifer. Also Makreep in vanilla its a quite bit nice option with smoke, but the Charontid... with the same tricks and always BS14 its a nasty active piece. 2scnd MSV2 for add suport its a nice profile the makreep with combi+ligthshootgun.

If i can't go with Mnemonica LT, ill prefer go with Asuang LT, secured LT camo marker. And Rodok HMG, witohut core link options in vanilla, switch to Q-drone for that, BS14 with assited fire, always you gain a nice and cheap attack/ARO piece, also in all CA sectorials the Q-drone are a shiny active piece.

xagroth likes this.
  5. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

90% of the time, if I'm running Vanilla, I'm running an Aspect. They're all just damned good units and you're not gonna waste that LT order.

Great Shasvastii Units in Vanilla:
    Speculo
    Shrouded
    Noctifier
    Sphinx

Great Morat Units in Vanilla:
    Daturazi (personally don't use them much)
    Rasyat (mostly for the D Charges for missions)
    Zerat FO
    Kornak (if you're skimming points on the Skiavoros)
    Raicho (new update!)

6. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Anyat.

Regular, non-empeuous smoke. K1 combi and E/M grenades for anti-TAG/HI.

Reece and Maksimas like this.
  7. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Fraacta in vanilla is great, especially as a decoy/backup for Ko-Dali.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation