1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LoF to rear arc issue

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by sam2064, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Just because you want a resolution, you have no right in such behaviour towards the company and fellow forum users, we all want a resolution but a this point we look at the resolution that will satisfy most of the player base without breaking the game system, not the resolution group A or group B wants.

Accept it may take time and accept the wishes of the company on the subject.

2. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

I’m sorry Konstantinos, but I cant agree. You do great work here, and your association with CB is redoubtable, but @Triumph is correct - Corvus Belli are to blame for the arguments over Play By Intent, and in exactly the same way that parents are to blame if they don’t stop their children's arguments.

It should be no surprise that tabletop gamers are heavily invested in how their games’ rules are supposed to work, and likewise unsurprising that they'll argue if those rules arent clear, or arent clarified at need.

The core mechanisms of Infinity, particularly estimating for model movement and weapon ranges, the Order Sequence and ARO.s are unlike other tabletop games. And the fact is that they were just not very well explained in the rulebook, and hence players try to manage what wasnt clear.

So the fact that Play By Intent is even a thing, let alone a big thing, or a thing unfortunately characterized by extraordinary hosttility is Corvus Belli’s fault; Corvus Belli’s responsibility, and a responsibility Corvus Belli have systematically avoided.

It is now more than 2 years since the First Great Play By Intent debate, and 9 months after they told us they’d make a statement. For myself, it’s also 10 since their senior staff personally assured me they'd release an official video to formalise the unofficial one we made with Palanka last year.

)

And since that time, we’ve had the official debate, but they've done nothing substantive, and have indicated that they're too busy with other projects to address this issue in the immediate future.

This is an absolutely shameful situation.

#202 Wolf, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  3. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Despite I to agree with some of Hat wolf says. CB has not done a good job making crystal clear rules and the FAQ are sometime making things worse. And they should really consider an effort to improve since their game system is one of their best selling argument (good miniatures too but it's not enough to explain Infinity's success).

But don't you think you are overreacting ? Are you unable to play infinity because of these unanswered questions ?

You have to agree with the friend you play or the to beforehand. But there is nothing preventing nmyou from playing he game. I had a tournament two weeks ago and we had no rule issue the TO could not solve.

A lot of other wargames are more broken. 40k is unbalanced and broken as hell and still, people keep playing it with some adjustments.

4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It seems, to my eyes, that the underlying questions about various parts of the game have been swept away in the desire to impose on others, rather than figuring things out with your opponent.

Wolf and inane.imp like this.
  5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Well in tournament play that's not really an option.

CabalTrainee and Cry of the Wind like this.
  6. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon

7. Dragonstriker

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

8. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

9. Dragonstriker

Your “experience” claim doesn’t stop it being bandwagoning Lockie.

10. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

inane.imp likes this.
  11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

And on that note I thing it is high time this thread takes a break.

Alphz and daboarder like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation