1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hollow Men render but no releases :(

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Billy, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Tunguska needs... five boxes and a few blisters to be sorted out. The links, at least, need filling.

2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Referring to things as "whining" is not helpful.

Additionally, while there might have been a "year long teaser with Full Auto 2 and the Kriza"...that was part of an expansion for a two player starter set that was at least two years old at that point.
    You've also missed out on the new Rebots for ALEPH(while not Vedic specific, they still play a part) and the Posthumans released not too long ago--plus the Karkata that came with the Danavas and is for the Marut TAG(which likely will see a resculpt sooner rather than later) and Dart. There was also the Naga Minelayer model.

You're also seemingly ignoring or discounting the fact that Tunguska wasn't an "army pack" release like most things of this nature have been. It was a starter set and then a month later, a single blister of the Heckler with Jammer+Fast Panda(not unwanted or anything) leading it to feel a little bit lighter than most big releases are.

For example, look at ALEPH:
    A starter set consisting of the Yadu, Shukra Consultant, 3x Dakini Tactbots, and the Deva Hacker model.
    The 2 player set 'exclusive' Naga MSR model(which is a resculpt of a thing that just got repackaged not long ago with the Naga Minelayer model)
    Two different Dart models(one convention exclusive and one for their other game)
    A "Beyond" pack coming later this year, bringing another 3 models specifically for Vedic rather than being a mixed bag like Icestorm's was.
    The Asura Hacker model coming out in October.
    Dakini Tactbots box coming we don't know when

Even discounting that three of those(starter set+Naga MSR, Dart, and the "Beyond" pack) are bundled with other products--it can lead someone to think that Tunguska hasn't seen a whole lot since its release in June/July.

This is a common thing that comes up when releases are too close to GenCon and the inevitable drying up of releases that we see during that timeframe. If they don't manage their releases well, it feels too empty for anyone that isn't involved with whatever the releases for GenCon are.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  3. kanluwen

I'm actually surprised they didn't screw us over with a Hollow Man Hacker+Tinbot in the box. It makes me think they've got a blister planned or if they're going to do something weird like a double box of a Kriza Borac with Multi Rifle, a Szalamandra Pilot, and the Hollow Man Hacker+Tinbot 'vs' some other faction as a kind of expansion product.

Going down the list of what's missing:
    [​IMG]
    Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 11 / 3
    GRENZER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    GRENZER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    GRENZER Missile Launcher / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    GRENZER Spitfire / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    KRIZA BORAC Lieutenant MULTI Rifle / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 50)
    HOLLOW MEN Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 37)
    ZONDNAUT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 32)
    ZONDMATE Chain Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (5)
    ZONDNAUT Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    ZONDNAUT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
    SPEKTR Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 36)
    PUPPETBOT Red Fury / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 16)
    PUPPETBOT (Marksmanship L1) AP Marksman Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
    PUPPETBOT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 11)
    PUPPET MASTERS Submachine Gun / PistolKnife. (0 | 12)

GROUP 210
    SPEKTR (Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    SPEKTR MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 39)
    PERSEUS (Super-Jump) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / 2 Pistols, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 34)
    SECURITATE Feuerbach / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    SECURITATE (Repeater) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    SECURITATE MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 21)
    SECURITATE HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
    HECKLER Boarding Shotgun, E/Marat / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    HECKLER Red Fury / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 24)
    MARY PROBLEMS Hacker (Forward Deployment L1) Submachine Gun + Zapper, Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)

GROUP 31 / 1
    SPECTOR (AD: Combat Jump) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Drop Bears / Pistol, E/M2 CC Weapon. (0 | 33)
    SPECTOR FTO (Regular) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser, Drop Bears / Pistol, E/M2 CC Weapon. (0 | 36)

13.5 SWC | 696 Points
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's going to be some weirdness in some of the boxes/blisters.
    I'm -hoping- that the Puppettactica box when it comes out includes an alternate head+arm to have a Hacker or non-Hacker.
    Securitate we know will get a special weapons box.
    Grenzers are going to be a bit wonky, if they're not careful they can really drop the appeal on that box by making it so that the Biometric Visor is modeled on the BSG or the CR+LFT has a Sensor out.
    I have no fricking idea how they'll do the Zondnauticas. There's 3 profiles but they're actively encouraged to dismount, so...if they don't include dismounted Zondnauts it will possibly be a big sticking point for people. Again, a good candidate for alternate arms.
    Spector just needs two arms and he'd be set.
    Heckler could be a double blister easily.
    Spektrs really just need the Hacker and a resculpted MSR.

There's probably more that someone else could think of, but that's the big ones there.

4. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

I shall also speculate!
    The Puppeteer having alts does sound like a good approach.
    Grenzers, I fear the visor thing may come to pass as they added the profile with Tunguska, didn't they?
    Zonds, smart way IMO is the Zond is a enclosed vehicle pod thingy (original tron lightcycles, Nod bikes from Tiberian Sun, or even Fuchi/Tachikoma style REMs) and any dismount mini can just be plopped down.
    Sounds right for Spector and the Heckler, and agreed on the Spektr. Good excuse to show Cybermines.

The Kriza Multi may get its own box/blister like the Taskmaster, but I have a silly idea:

Beyond boxes for sectorial starters. Fill gaps that SWC boxes don't. Like, plop in a Securitate paramedic, the Multi-Kriza, Sniper Spektr, Mary Problems.

They'll not do that of course but it would be fun.

5. kanluwen

We got the Heckler with Cybermines in the TJC starter. He's a KHD Heckler.

6. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Are they on the mini,though? The BSG Spektr's playing with his frisbees of death, after all :D

7. kanluwen

I mean, since the KHD Heckler is the only Heckler with them as far as Army's concerned...:P

Also dayum. You just made me realize that they missed a chance to make the BSG Spektr dual-purpose, if they'd given the KHD Spektr a BSG--he could pull double duty!

8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I would have loved him to have a KHD too... that'd have been so useful as a profile.

9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yeah they should have just released rules for what was in the starter and saved it for the next book.

10. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

No, because then we'd be as salty and angry and generally "WHERE OUR COOL STUFF" as ALEPH, Ariadna, YuJing, the CA, Tohaa, and PanO.

And you don't wanna be like them, do you?

...I'm pretending Haqq are chill about Ramah but they might not be so yeah.

loricus and Balewolf like this.
  11. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

I think Kanluwen with his CJC starter topic leads the pack by far :D

A Mão Esquerda and loricus like this.
  12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

As if Correg isn't the most regularly updated faction in the game. It's not about that, it's about getting that "WHAAAA THIS CRAZY" high.

A Mão Esquerda and Nemo No Name like this.
  13. kanluwen

Don't. Just don't.

I have an axe to grind there and it's personal. I don't like being lied to.

14. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

15. kanluwen

Make it a picture of a Heckler or a Spektr and I'll use it as an avatar. ;)

DukeofEarl, Section9 and loricus like this.
  16. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I don't actually know how to... picture edit (or even what to call it). What I'd like is a Heckler in front of their logo but without a clean cutout of a Heckler I can't. This is the best I can do.
    [​IMG]

kanluwen likes this.
  17. kanluwen

I tried using it, it didn't look right--sorry. :(

18. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yeah if you have more than 1 foreground and an abstract background it doesn't really work for a profile.

19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

No, you really don't want those old Gakis. They were obscenely expensive for 2 models.

Try some Urban War/Metropolis Koralon Brood or Larvans. They're similar from the waist up (if snakey from the waist down), and significantly cheaper (30gbp for 6-8 instead of for 2). Scotia-Grendel carries the range. I'd link, but forum advertising rules.

Oooh, that would have been cool! And very in-character, too.

The experience of the Yu Jing players?

My guess for the Zondnauticas is a box with mounted and dismounted poses, kinda like Yojimbo. While alternate arms would be nice, CB generally hasn't done them (wasn't the only time the Guarda d'Assalto?). I halfway expect two different ZondNautica boxes, one hacker and one spitfire. I will be surprised if there is a ZondNautica shottie sculpt made, though an alternate arm for the spitfire would work.

20. kanluwen

They did an alternate sculpt for the Taskmaster--but it's literally just one arm that's different. :P

I think they've done a couple more recently but it just boggles the fricking mind that they don't do more when they're always complaining about SKUs.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation