1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holiday Bash

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by oldGregg, Dec 21, 2018.

1. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Hello fellow travelers!

I'm back in town after a long stint overseas and pulling the friends together for a few rounds of some Season X matches. It's been quite a while since I've had time for the hobby, so I'm brushing off the dust and starting with a bang.

We'll be playing 3 rounds of the new (to me) Season X missions this weekend and I'd love thoughts on the lists I've put together. My buddies have been playing without me for the last 10 months, so I thought it was about time to remind them of the strength of Allah.

The missions:
    Acquisition, Frontline, and Quadrant Control

My Opponents:
    I'll be facing off against PanO, Yu Jing, and and Ariadna. No clue what I'll actually be up against here, but I expect to see a lot of the new hype, where it applies.

My lists:
    Here's where I'd really love some feedback! I'm most concerned about how I have my groups set up on these, but all thoughts are encouraged.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    TARIK MANSURI Spitfire, Nanopulser, Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (1.5 | 55)
    AL-DJABEL Rifle + Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW, Knife. (0 | 35)
    BARID Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Lightning) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    KAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    NAFFATÛN Lieutenant Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    DJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]8 [​IMG]4
    HUNZAKUT (Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    HAKIM Submachine Gun, Chain-colt + 1 Nasmat A2 / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] NASMAT A2 Electric Pulse. (0 | 4)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

And here's the next one. We're all bringing two lists, and I feel like tossing Maggy back into the fire. Same thing applies, all thoughts are welcome!

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    MAGHARIBA MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 78)
    [​IMG] MAGHARIBA PILOT Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. ()
    FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
    DJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    BARID Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Lightning) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    NAFFATÛN Lieutenant Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    KAPLAN Engineer Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]7 [​IMG]3
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Thanks!

2. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Hey Greg!

Thanks for responding to my post. I wanted to comment, but being a n00b in infinity field experience I decided to keep my mouth shut. lol But, then no one has any fun. lol

And, I’m assuming you are a military member? If so, I’m one too. Thank you for your service. :)

So, I remember when I fielded some Mutts and Daylami they really seemed to strike out for me. Mutts, with any orders to cancel the red order just ran out there and died. And, then the Daylami, being an unreliable infiltration did too little for the points and SWC tax.

Do you run into the same problems when field Mutts and Daylami?

The other thing I question, mostly in almost all Haqq lists I see, is how they handle armor i.e. TAG, HI-Link or solo HI’s raining down death. :O

And yes! Give us some BatReps! I really look at those “things learned” or “MVPs” and overall “summary.”

3. oldGregg

Thanks for the reply! I’m in the private sector now, but thank you! And thank you for your service!

Never worry about being inexperienced. We all come here to learn.

Mutts take some time to get used to, but once you figure out how to prepare for the initial movement, they are easily one of the strongest pieces in the game.

I have a really hard time landing my mute, but I’ve found that they can still be game changers from the back of the table. (This is often terrain dependent). They don’t always have an impact turn one, but patience and positioning is again key. If you can stack their ARO’s with other pieces (such as the sniper), they can be devastating. (I smoked a Sierra TR bot in the reactive turn tonight). Plus, at 24/1.5, they are worth the investment.

For tags, this is my first time in a long while running a list without an AHD, but the mutts were clutch shutting down a dragao and bulleteer. The name of the game is isolate and avoid.

Batreps to come!

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

As for Daylami, I've found out the Infiltrating variant doesn't work for me: too random on their infiltration roll.
    However, the equivalent non-Infiltrating loadout makes for an excellent speedbump, locking a long fire lane with a potentially devastating ARO. I mean, no-one likes being hit by a Panzerfaust, right?

Place Daylami PF in cover with good field of view, and see the opponent burning through Order stack to get rid of them. Sure, 9 cases out of 10 it ends with a dead Daylami. And rather sooner than later. But at this point the opponent has spent a number of valuable Orders that he now can't spend on hitting you where it would really hurt.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  5. oldGregg

@Errhile i completely understand where you’re coming from. I tend to use the infiltrators, but if I’m short on swc, I also love the regular panzefaust guys. I just really like the possibility of showing up with 3 Daylami and a Fiday or two right at my opponent’s front door. It doesn’t always happen, but when it does, my opponent is in for a nightmare.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation