1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Caledonia list (ITS X Frontline vs OSS)

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Achelon, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Achelon

Achelon Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I'm gonna play against OSS in Frontline, and no matter how many lists I make none of them give me that "Ok, this can work nicely".

I know he will be playing the Dakini core with HMG, Sniper and Apsara for the BS13, a haris with Yadu HMG NCO and Asura Lt 2, the Proxy engineer repairing dakinis and the forward observer.

To be honest, I don't know how to face him. That core is a pain in the ass with mimetism, cover and 2 unconscious states, even more with the Proxy ready to repair all of them.
    And the Asura is a pain with the MSV3.

I've thought about playing just...in a cowardly way, playing with 6-7 camo markers, the Grey AP HMG core and fillers and everything hidden or prone until my third turn where I will try to take some zones, but still, doesn't give me confidence.
    I've also thought about including McMurrough and 2 Cameronians to coordinate with Wallace Lt order as they are 6 wounds with total immunity, hella fast and can destroy anything OSS has in CC, but same thing happens.

Any ideas or advices? Any list you have used against OSS in Frontline that worked wonders?

2. mightymuffin

mightymuffin Well-Known Member

Not faced OSS but have faced similar units, (e.g. MSV3 Charontid), so here are my general thoughts;

As far as MSV3, (assuming they use it as an ARO piece), I'd suggest just throwing the Grey AP HMG at it until someone dies. Weight of dice and the type of unit that isn't affected by MSV should be enough.

In terms of that core fireteam, things like T2 ammo is likely to eat through those unconscious states; if you can't get linked T2 ammo in position, there's always things like coordinated orders to take down fireteams in general, so scots guard MLs and/or caterans will make your opponent very concerned over which ARO to face.

3. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

My OSS opponent routinely brings Asura, Dakini link, Proxies.

None of these are great against CC, and the Dakini are terrified of templates. So McMurrough, 45thers, and Cameronians should give them a hard time.

Hecaton likes this.
  4. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

As was said above, T2 ammo should help with psudo-2 wounds and unconscious.
    MSV3 still needs the ARO to discover markers, so if you can end out of LOF you can recamo.
    Something like Uxia as reserve model might be able to start close to the Asura or Sniper inside any good range.

5. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

When you know your opponent has a super strong gun-fighting link, don't leave him anything to shoot at. Frontline is a killing mission -- aka there's no buttons to push, so no button pushers to snipe -- so don't leave anything that he can shoot at. Make him come down to you, and fight you at the doors & corners in your deployment zone. Even if he brings the shotgun Deva, he's got to spend the orders to get that shotgun into range--if you leave shooters out as 'ARO pieces' (:spit:) you're just giving him free shots.

Above all, do not gunfight with his link. This is sort of general in infinity ... it's a game of RSP. In your active turn you usually know what your opponent will throw. In the case of a gunfighting link like dakinis, you know they're going to shoot at you, so don't go gunfight with them. Use something else, templates, CC, hell ... he won't expect a wardriver... HACK him.

Skaldur likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation