1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chicks dig giant robots: TAG thread!

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Wildgit, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'm really into the light TAGs. Small, agile, not much less durable than the S7 ones. Maybe armed a bit worse, but I don't feel it too much in PanO. Shame about Seraph changing size, but oh well...

One thing with all the TAGs is that deploying them effectively changes the list from infantry to mechanized, and requires more changes than just fitting one of them into the list. They need backup, support, and specific tactics, and I don't always want to change my game for that. Which is a pity, since they're PanO's forte and make up for many of the faction drawbacks.

My last game was actually me running a double TAG list against Greeks led by Achilles. Dragao cleared the way, Tikbalang went on a deep strike raid and fried a team of Myrmidons. And that Tik was the only unit I've lost in the game. All elements of the overall strategy clicked beautifully into place.

I really hope we'll get another light TAG in the next book, as well as some tweaks to the existing ones (looking hard at Seraph's Auxbot).

barakiel and xagroth like this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well, the thing about TAGs is that you can make some analogies to naval cathegories: you have the dreadnought (heavy plodding troops that can endure lots of punishment), the battlecruisers ("cruisers" that hit over their weight in one category: offensive, deffensive, mobility), and the Cruisers (troops that hunt a certain way, but have to avoid a lot of others).

The geckos would be on the heavy cruiser category, resilient but under-gunned (so more fit for infantry control), while the Xeodrons would go into Battlecruiser category (not fast but mobile thanks to superjump, not very gunned, but with options to take down much heavier enemies thanks to the K1 or mowing down infantry thanks to the Red Fury...), with the Seraph inbetween (faster than the two, with the same mobility as the Xeo's, but not as well armed with the Spitfire, even with the Auxbot). Scarface and the Anaconda, meanwhile, go the cheap way (scarface is more fragile but a little better gunned than the geckos, while the Anaconda is better armed but is more fragile than the Xeos).

The Guijia would be a Heavy cruiser, while the O-Yoroi would be a Battlecruiser (with extra speed) like the Maghariba (which is more about stopping power than speed), etc...

Stiopa likes this.
  3. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

And then you have the Gorgos, an old battleship made of wood that no one knows how to fix XDDD

Cothel, Belgrim and xagroth like this.
  4. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Squalo. It will always be the Squalo. It was the Squalo which drove me to PanOceania and why I began with NCA. Because it looks like the Type 94 Shiranui with its HRMC in Total Eclipse. The fact that it has a AP Heavy Pistol adds to the love I have about this monster.
    Even if it has no TO Camo, no HRMC, it has the HGL wich is the best answer to those players who say no army list beyond 20 bodies. This TAG has learned some lessons to my opponents and now, they are cautious about the death from the sky that embodies my beloved TAG.

Belgrim and Stiopa like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation