1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chicks dig giant robots: TAG thread!

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Wildgit, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Wildgit

Wildgit Member

Alright guys, there's a bit of heat in here, i suggest we stick back to the topic.

Maybe we'll talks about TAG sculp wishlist, what unreleased models you wish to be sculpted? Or what current models that you wish to be resculpted? And how do you wish it will looks like?

#61 Wildgit, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Blue Wolf.

P-Chan likes this.
  3. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Speaking of which... What is that and where do I learn about it?

4. Mahtamori

It's a Svalarheima TAG. It featured in a small piece of fluff. Yu Jing uses it to ambush Pan-O troops and supply columns.

5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

A while back Bostria mentioned they (CB) where brainstorming some kind of TAG-sized Beast for Tohaa.
    After the great job they did with Symbiobeasts, this could be a really nice model.

Cothel and P-Chan like this.
  6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

TAGs are great

The best looking TAG is the Szalamandra. It's also perhaps the best TAG of it's type (main line battle TAG with big ol' gun for shooting stuff). Yeah okay it's BS 14 rather than 15, but who gives a shit? BS 15 is overpriced and overrated. If you can't do it with BS 14 you can't do it with a 5% higher hit chance per shot. A Szalamandra is a cheaper Dragao with a better WIP, better BTS and vastly superior pilot. It's a Guija with a hugely better gun that doesn't waste time with pretending to be good in CC and a better gun and a better pilot and a higher BTS. It's a Raicho but cheaper and also superior etc etc etc.

Like, I look at the Szally and I'm like "surely it must cost more than 90pts" because it seems so comparatively awesome.

Savnock and T. Rex Pushups like this.
  7. archon

archon Well-Known Member

The best looking and coolest TAG for me is - tadaaa - the Guijia - I love the resculpt and the pose is the coolest since TAGs are exisit in Infinity - not even the new Szally can counter that, but its no. 2 I think ;-)

I play mostly light TAGs, because my favorite Sector is Corregidor and there I play Geckos and Iggy of course. I like the Geckos very much, because the have a unique look and their use a kind of HI with three LPs is pretty good - and yes, you have to be careful with hackers ...

Iggy in the other way can be dangerous to hackers, if you have some hacking back up.

I will get the new Szally for pure coolness and firepower, but unfortunatly I have to build a vanilla list around it.

For Pan O I have my Jotum. This was my first TAG and he is THE TAG. Big, durable, deadly. A walking tank.

I will get the Stingray Box too, mostly I like the sculpts very much and I like to play the Uhlan - it is very unique.
    I also like the Cutter - on of the few TAGs that look cool even it is one of the oldest sculpts. I think it can be a very mean machine ;-)

For Aleph I always want a Marut. I like the look, the four arms and that it is female - but I never get me one. I am afraid that I would play it not much, when I own it, because it is a bit too expensive. The sculpt is good for its age. I hope the stay with the female form, if they do a new one.

The new small CA Tags a very cool and dangerous looking. I like the Xeodrons a bit more but the Overdron is cool too (too sad, the made no alternative weapons here, they could be easy swapped or even mangetised, since they are located at the shoulder). Xeos are better Geckos but the lack they unique style of the Geckos.

8. Old Spider

Old Spider Member

The Sphinx... I'm sorry but that model is screaming to be chopped up into little pieces and completely converted...

Savnock likes this.
  9. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

I'd like to see the Raicho get a resculpt. It's a great model, and it doesn't need much work, just needs some tweaks to bring it more in line with the rest of the Morat models (e.g. the multi-hmg and a few armour changes), plus I've heard it's a pig to assemble and so would benefit from the new improved assembly styles we are seeing lately.

Lizard could probably do with one too, but tbh the old lizard is one of the best and most iconic sculpts IMHO, and I'll proudly use mine, but again it could do with a bit of an update

10. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

It is in desperate need of one.

Not a great model. It needs a complete overhaul. The pilots arms are smaller than than most human female models. The multi-HMG is in the WRONG FREAKING HAND.

Reece likes this.
  11. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

This is my biggest complaint.

It could also just be bulkier so the whole pilot fits inside without the need for external arms.

And an excuse to give it Full Auto L1. ;)

12. evilmonkey

evilmonkey That man over there

The Cutter will always be a favorite of mine. It doesn't hurt that it was my first TAG all those years ago.

chromedog likes this.
  13. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

I’d like the Iizard to be resculpted in line with Szalamandra’s style.

14. devil.advocates

devil.advocates Well-Known Member

Mine's probably Geckos, for couple of reasons. First, they don't waste space in my minis box and my backpack (being motorcyclist here is a pain sometimes). Second, they're looks like teddy bear. Well, well-armed, angry teddy bear.

Abrilete likes this.
  15. Mahtamori

Hmm? Are all Morat left-handed or something?

Belgrim, Hecaton and Reece like this.
  16. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

I always ignore the pilot arms when I look at tags because I know I ain't gonna be gluing them on. It's a ridiculous concept that they stick out of the tag in the first place, what with them being fragile, and you know, vital to the functioning of the tag.

I don't know, I think there's something very iconic about the freaky spider-head thing the lizard has going for itself, It's always had a certain uniqueness to it and I'd hate to see that get lost

17. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Morat means "those who kill with the left". They're all left handed. I think there is a little blurb about rare right handed Morats... But they're beaten/killed/shunned or something like that.

#77 Reece, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    chromedog, Belgrim, Keyrott and 4 others like this.
  18. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Maybe this explains why they won't let the Raicho pilot be the Lt...

Flipswitch, T. Rex Pushups and Reece like this.
  19. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I love TAG's but I do not run them much. I prefer them in Sectorials (better order efficiency) but I went Haqqislam main army when the new Maggy was released. This 10 pounds of metal is by far my favorite tag both in stats, flavor, and aesthetics. I have fielded her a few times with great success. I do hope Haqq gets a mini version of S6 at some point, but I am pretty happy.

Margarita Guard, Guard of the Margaritas. Queen of the Battle Field and Party Table.

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  20. Skyhusky

Skyhusky Well-Known Member

Personally I used to love me a Marut, before I made a trade with another local player for some more Nomad stuff, which brought me into loving the Geckos, they feed into my love of the old Heavy Gear PC/Tabletop Games, and the Iguana reminds me a lot of Jehuty, so it's a fairly nice theme for me. As for my Yu-Jing? The O-Yori and it's female pilot have to be a top contender for me, but I don't have a Guija, so I can't rightly compare the two.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation