1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chicks dig giant robots: TAG thread!

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Wildgit, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Death

Death Well-Known Member

My favorite looking TAG is the Seraph. Rules wise I like camo marker TAGs the best so the Ulhan is currently my favorite since the NCA can support it so well. I'm hoping the Cutter and Sphinx get rescuplts.

The Overdron and Xenodron are both awesome and rules wise they have some strong advantages over most other TAGs. However, they both look more like giant unidrons rather than TAGs.

In terms of factions I don't play. The O-YOROI and the new SZALAMANDR look great.

#21 Death, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Wildgit and eciu like this.
  2. yluvatar

yluvatar Well-Known Member

I love the Anaconda, but not in game... :sob:

MATRAKA14 likes this.
  3. Wildgit

Wildgit Member

I feel you bro, even Beba's existance cannot help it.

Wish that Corregidors could give a spare Gecko or two...

Armihaul, MATRAKA14 and xagroth like this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

You know that it's the only TAG that cannot be reapaired, do you? At most you can heal it 1 wound back per game IF you have attached to the Gorgos a Symbiobomb AND IF you haven't lost the Symbiont Armour AND IF you pass the WIP 13 roll (no repeatable with Command Token).

I wish the Gorgos wasn't a Bio-Armour TAG.

Cothel and xagroth like this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Plus "Take one wound from fire, Lose 3!!!" Discount XD

Of course, the pilot is hot. And some people might be patching together "hot female pilot" and "living armor" XD

Barrogh and Abrilete like this.
  6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I don't want a Bio-Armor because it's better. I want one because it's awesome

Besides without Rerolls I never bother spending the orders to attempt repairs on my TAGs anyways. If it's active I don't risk it.

Abrilete likes this.
  7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

My first TAG was the cutter. So iconic, and the model that got me interested in the game.
    Not that I stopped there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, that's 14 TAGs in those photos. There's another Gecko and a third uhlan (proxy) made from the old Squalo (new head and reculpted bits) that I have to dig out.

(*Yes, that newer Squalo is wiping it's feet on the (DEAD as a nation state) USA flag. USA attempted to attack nascent PanO with a nanotech weapon that backfired and as a result, PanO will step where it damn well pleases.)

#27 chromedog, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  8. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

The Caskuda was my favorite. Literal Death from Above with the AD Explosion rules.

I've always loved the Avatar. An entire army in a cute little ballerina-puppeteer pose. Such an imposing unit. The groans you get when you say, "My lieutenant has Strategos Level Three." Music to my ears. ;)

Hecaton likes this.
  9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Bring Cascuda back! I loved jumping on impersonators with that thing.

Abrilete likes this.
  10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

As rules go nowadays, that would be an illegal maneouvre, since the IMP troops are considered allied as long as they are in marker form... It would be like firing a template weapon to target an enemy troop and picking that Fiday posing as a Fusilier in the middle: not allowed XD

But yeah, Ariadna is suffering food shortages since the shrimps were taken out XD

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I like all of them. Well, except maybe the Gorgos.

The original Squalo looked a lot like Briareos.

The original Guijia looks a lot like Deunan's Test LM from the 2004 Appleseed CGI movie (looks even more like a Guges when you stick a set of Space Marine arms on it). O-Yoroi is downright intimidating, it was a lot taller than the old Guijia. New Guijia looks really mean with that hook sword.

I like the old Szallie, even though the new one looks meaner. Had the Szallie for a long time, after all. Not so fond of the Lizard. Geckos seem undergunned until you realize that they put all their points into defense. Still tempted to buy a second box (since I do play Corregidor). Don't have an Iggy yet.

The Caskuda has a huge model, it's down on one knee and it's still the size of the S7 silhouette!

Wildgit likes this.
  12. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I wasn't around back then but my guess the entire reason dropping it on impersonators was specified is because you wasn't actually targeting stuff with a template, but instead just doing your normal AD procedure, and then it would generate the template. And since there is (was?) no restrictions on ADing within template reach of a friendly trooper, you could probably do it.

13. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Depends on how that version of Explode is worded. Sometimes it's not an attack.

14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

You cannot affect an allied troop with your templates, period. Unless you can drop a Caskuda on top of your own troops, you cannot drop a Caskuda on top of an Impersonator.

The onyl "hole" would be failing the AD roll and for the dispersion to bring the Caskuda's landing template in touch with "allied" troops...

15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm not certain "other factions have high-silhouette REMs" is very accurate considering that Combined is the S2 REM faction along with Aleph and REM Pres HI aren't exactly common nor does it add much that REM Pres TAGs don't also get over a TAG.

That TAGs are mechanically one of the weakest troop types, I certainly agree with, but that can be summed up by "Total Control" and "No prone" for a Remote Presence TAG. Mostly, in fact, the way Hacking is handled, to be frank. Personally, I think that Total Control should work on Remote Presence, so if that came true it'd not change much for the Overdrons, and if that isn't a nerf to Su-Jian I don't know what is.

No, being able to stick Marksmanship L2 or 2B ARO on them would've been significantly better than +1 DAM on BS weapons. Immunity to Total Control and Overlord would also have been a significant improvement. At the expense of no Staldron, of course, which is something that one shouldn't forget in ITS.

Reece likes this.
  16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Su Jian, EST Remote Presence HI S3/S5 troop because of reasons XD

Abrilete likes this.
  17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yes? Keep reading, now with added emphasis:

I'm not certain "other factions have high-silhouette REMs" is very accurate considering that Combined is the S2 REM faction along with Aleph and REM Pres HI aren't exactly common nor does it add much that REM Pres TAGs don't also get over a TAG.
    Just because another faction has something (that isn't a Remote) that you want, doesn't negate that Overdron resides in a faction that's littered with large number of non-S3/4 Remotes (actual Remotes)

18. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I know. The only reason the Su Jian is not marked as Remote instead of Heavy Infantry is so he won't get a -3 to dodge. Which is kinda redundant when they can just slap Hyperdinamics n1 to him and compensate that... But then he couldn't go prone, ofc.

19. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

I would take the gorgos over the anaconda any day of the week.

20. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

That, and mental image of one with Assisted Fire slapped onto him is quite disturbing.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation