1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CA in an escalation league.

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Bohrdog, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

My LGS is starting an escalation league and I decided to branch out from my MAF and play vanilla CA.
    We are starting at 150pts and I have been loosing my mind trying to put a list together. Should I just not worry about having a heavy hitter? Even putting a Umbra in the list seems expensive at this point level.

Skyhusky likes this.
  2. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

If you're going to put something that expensive in a 150 list it should have two wounds, like a Suryat. But there's plenty to make up the space in generic CA. Daturazi for regular orders and pretas and gakis for warbands.

3. C0MR4DE

C0MR4DE Malfunctioning Unidron

Use krakots :) Random granades can be funny

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The best leader for small points / support roles is the Skiavoros: you get a Strategos N2 and a 2 wound model (he has Structure!) for 50 something points, he is also mimetic, and he has a Plasma weapon. He can use the orders himself, or let others use it, and you only go into LoL if the enemy somehow Isolates and kills him (careful with Bakunin troops).

Then 2x Ikadron and 2xImetron are groovy, 26 points for 4 regular orders.

Finally, use Daturazis and Unidrones as main troops, but if you pass on the organic meatbags, engineers are the only thing you need to repair them (so, monkey wrenches! XD).

5. sanyv

sanyv Active Member

There's not much a plasma rifle can't do !

[​IMG] Combined Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]8 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] CHARONTID Lieutenant (Multispectral Visor L3) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 78)
    [​IMG] Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] KISS! Adhesive Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)

0.5 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

6. Skyhusky

Skyhusky Well-Known Member

Ah, so this is the mighty army you plan to use in The League. Interesting.....Interesting!

7. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

Get out of here Skyhusky, you dirty Yu Jing spy.

8. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Except shoot at anything outside of 16" :P. Make ample use of those smoke grenades!

9. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I was looking at something like this.
    [​IMG] Combined Army

[​IMG]8 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] SOGARAT Lieutenant AP HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 56)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] MORAT Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)

2.5 SWC | 147 Points

Open in Infinity Army

10. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Sure, it all boils down to how hardcore your meta is. But I would suggest basing it off the onyx starter and a couple of blisters. Going for a charontid Lt. and some low cost cheerleaders could easily make the game unbalanced at low points.
    Depending on if you’re going for vanilla or sectorial you can base it on a starter and progress from there.
    Having Bit and Kiss is a great idea tho, since it gives you the ability to glue/hack opponents ramboes.
    And imo, a unidron link with supportware is more terrifying than a single tough-as-nails target.
    Good luck!

11. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I am doing vanilla, and went with this list, our mission was Firefight. I won 10-0 with the Noctifer w/ missile launcher doing most of the heavy lifting.

[​IMG] Combined Army

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] NEXUS Lieutenant Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] NOCTIFER Missile Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)

2.5 SWC | 149 Points

Open in Infinity Army

12. Gwaernydd

Gwaernydd Well-Known Member

Messed it up, ignore pls

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation