1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biotechvore & Marker state - failing the confused deployment roll

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Captain_Rose, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Captain_Rose

Captain_Rose Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I seem to remember that if one failed the confused deployment roll the model which failed could still be deployed in marker state because the infiltrate roll is replaced by the confused deployment roll. Is this still the case?

Example: Infiltrating Zero rolls 20 for PH roll to deploy out of deployment zone. I can now deploy anywhere in my 8" deployment zone, still in camo.

Next question: I roll the ph-3 roll, and it says: "Special skills, pieces of Equipment, or rules that apply any MOD to any PH or WIP roll to deploy must replace it with this roll." It then says, "Any Mod applied to the Deployment by a special skill, piece of equipment or rule will be added to this roll."

That seems to be saying that I can, for example, use Superior Infiltrate to deploy in my opponent's half of the table to roll on a straight PH roll (PH-3 confused deployment roll, +3 for deploying using Superior Infiltrate).

Sorry for being a bit dense, we haven't played this for a long time but someone selected it as a mission for our next ITS and there are many questions...

ED

2. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

You are correct on both accounts.

3. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

If you dont normally have to roll for the placement that you are trying to use, the model can remain in their camo/TO camo/hidden deployment. If the model tries to make a roll (impersonation roll or infiltration roll) and fail, they cannot remain in their respective states.

4. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Only if you fail those roll. But, you are not allowed to make an impersonation roll in biotechvore. As the rule says, you must replace it with a Confused Deployment roll. Furthermore, any MOD you would have on your imp/inf roll must be instead applied to your Conf roll.

#4 Robock, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  5. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

To make sure we are on the same page, you only get kicked back to the deployment zone if you fail your ph -3 + existing mods roll. You are revealed if the place attempted required a roll due to infiltration or impersonation.

That said afaik you are allowed to try and place an impersonation trooper in the enemy deployment zone, just not at a wip roll but at a ph -3 roll, making them far less likely to succeed then normal.

Robock likes this.
  6. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

on that we agree. your impersonation roll is replaced by a confusion roll of PH-3 rather than the WIP roll. And you don't need to pass both a PH roll and a WIP roll; you only make a single roll.

i agree you get kicked back if you fail the confusion roll.
    I didn't agree that you lose your camo state if you fail a confusion roll, since you never made an infiltration roll (you only make 1 roll, not 2), there was no infiltration roll attempted to be failed.

On second reading though. you only benefit if you pass the roll. so when the rule say to "replace it with this roll" they only talk about the "pass a WIP roll" portion of the impersonation skill. The rest of the skill holds true, if you pass you deploy further and in marker state, if you fail you lose the marker state.

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

As per the last FAQ:

Biotechvore - if the Confused Deployment Roll fails, will a trooper lose the Camouflaged or Impersonation state? And Deployable Weapons or Equipment?

Only if the Special Skill would have required a Roll, for example if using Infiltration to deploy beyond the middle line of the table, or Impersonation to deploy in the enemy Deployment Zone.

Karmano likes this.
  8. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

i did a wiki search for pages containing biotechvore and another for confused, and that FAQ you are talking about does not exist.

but i did think a FAQ had already answered that, which is why i searched, and the only conclusion is that i had some false memories.

9. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

inane.imp likes this.
  10. Captain_Rose

Captain_Rose Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thanks. Didn't think to look though so my fault.

ED

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation