1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing Uprising

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Shad0w Panther, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Shad0w Panther

Shad0w Panther New Member

Just heard the news regarding the Yu Jing uprising expansion and honestly I really don't get this. I started the game a couple years back and just got back in to learn that they are screwing over my lists and how I play the game by removing a 3rd of my options and some of my favourite units from Yu jing. Can anyone help me to understand why this happened or anyone else share my dissapointment in this because it changes the game I played and changed what I liked about it.

Pierzasty likes this.
  2. BaronVonZorcula

BaronVonZorcula Ikari Warrior

3. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

There are a few other threads where this has been looked at in detail, from many sides and with many different opinions expressed.

4. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

Yeah. Like 80% of april thread and 5 or 6 on yj subforum

meikyoushisui and Pierzasty like this.
  5. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

The short answer is two fold, to move forward the evolving storyline of Infinity and to make room in the Yu Jing roster for the units that will be coming at some unknown time in the future.

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Nobunaga3.0

Nobunaga3.0 Well-Known Member

No, I am not even close to disappointed. In fact the split actually made me excited about JSA again. I think the whole split has improved the universe greatly. But then what would you expect from Nobunaga....YuJing can bite me!

7. armazingerz

armazingerz Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side mate, the Berlin wall has finally fallen

Telcontar likes this.
  8. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think you are a bit mean to the OP, please guys.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  9. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

No, you should be happy with those changes because you (yes you, we have data about ITS trends and can relate this directly your personal gameplay experience) never used those Japanese units in vanilla, and the new background of your faction behaving constantly as incompetent shitcunts isn't actually going to be in the book, I mean it's is just propaganda because the book it's in is from the JSA perspective. At least our universe isn't stagnant like 40k!

10. psychoticstorm

Thanks guys one more of those threads, moving to Yu Jing.

Stiopa, Fyeya and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

The second part is really a lame one (though I know it's not 'yours', Duke, CB said it!) because JSA units were reasonably distinct in role from other YJ units.

Considering that their removal gutted Yu Jing's CC prowess, as well as removing quite a lot of utility units, I'd say that that justification is extremely thin.

12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Okay, so we've had plenty of these threads and there are plenty that are active. This one doesn't really contribute anything new. Could we just not lock it and move on instead?

meikyoushisui likes this.
  13. Ten Thousand Arrows

Ten Thousand Arrows Imperial Sage

Isn't it understandable that some players aren't happy with the state of their faction? There's such an effort to smooth over the problems in these threads but the truth is this is a predictable and reasonable reaction from fans and customers.

BenMoss likes this.
  14. psychoticstorm

Could be done with some respect to the OP and without the mockery.

15. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Sure...but lets be real here, how many more threads like this are needed? Everything has been said at this point I'd say...

To give a comprehensive answer to the OP:

Corvus Belli decided that it's time to move the story forward and bring some fresh air into the game. The beginning of this has been the development of the tension between Yu Jing and its 2nd class citizens the Japanese, resulting in a "long planed" Uprising of the Japanese to become an independent nation like the Nomads or Ariadna.

After a short but bloody civil war, O-12 (supporter by Nomads, Haqqislam, PanO, many smaller factions, all secretly working together with the Japanese) accepter the Japanese independance as its own nation, forcing Yu Jing to stop its attacks on it for now. So now all Japanese Troops are their own faction (except Ninjas who work for both) and are thus gone from the Yu Jing Roster.

That's basically what happened. Sucks for many, but that's what happened.

16. Nobunaga3.0

Nobunaga3.0 Well-Known Member

I would submit that that exactly WHY they should have been removed CC prowess is a JSA thing NOT YuJing thing. The two never meshed well and seemed like two factions just glomed together. Now I actually like YuJing better as well as JSA. But I have always liked distinctly different armies.

meikyoushisui and Abrilete like this.
  17. Ten Thousand Arrows

Ten Thousand Arrows Imperial Sage

@Nobunaga3.0 I disagree with that, the ranged/cc mix in vanilla definitely meshed well, it's why Oniwaban were so popular. I was looking forward to trying out the shikami and I know a lot of others bought it. If there was a blister for a single new-sculpt Domaru then they would have been much more popular in Yu Jing lists too. JSA was a very unique sectorial that had its own play style, but it undoubtedly added a lot to Yu Jing as a faction. It feels like Yu Jing desperately needs a clear direction to move forward with, especially now that HI mixed links are getting more common.

Kallas likes this.
  18. Sword_36

Sword_36 New Member

I am intrigued, since i am not for very long into Infinity forgive my ignorance, but what would be possible ways to make new interesting HI's that justify Yu Jing as THE "HI faction" without making them too strong compared to everything else OR excessively expensive (looking at you Hac Tao) and unable to take multiple in a single list?

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

At this point? Can't make HI much cheaper than Zuyong unless you make them Fury (not that I wouldn't mind seeing Shaolin in HI suits), so it's really about filling niches that other factions don't have with a HI alternative.
    Shaolin, but HI. (1)
    Ninja, but HI. (2)
    KHD Shang-Ji.
    Multi Sniper Zuyong.
    Guided Missile Launcher on a HI.
    EVO, but HI.

Just like Pan-O is the human TAG faction through variety of options, so should Yu Jing be for HI.
    (1) I.e. Wuxia. Impetuous, Natural Born Warrior, Hyper-Dynamics L1, Sixth Sense L1 (and possibly MetaChemistry 2 to make each one unique). Over the top, but not quite actually taking off, just like the Shikami.
    (2) I'm imagining a more close-range oriented version of the Daofei with TO Camo and BSG, SMG, Assault Pistol or similar weapons. Not actually melee, but CQB.

Kallas likes this.
  20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Also, the HI drop troop "shooting star" has been heavily rumored.

I hope, however, that we can see tinbots everywhere and mixed links.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation