1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayanet Roster Creator

Discussion in 'News' started by toadchild, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Thanks for a great piece of software!

One question/request: do you think there’s any chance one day you could add the ability to input what models I own? With perhaps a toggle when I build a list to only show what I own? I assume you’re very busy getting the O12 up, but I though I’d ask, as it’s a feature that’s also missing on the Army app.

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I've gotten multiple requests for this over the years, but I've never seriously considered it. I don't have a good idea of how I'd like to implement the UI for it (although I have plenty of bad ones I don't like!), and I mostly prefer to keep the app focused on the core functionality of making and playing lists.

I do plan on putting in some time for O-12 this weekend. Their troop list is short enough that I shouldn't take too long to get it sorted out.

Bobman, Abrilete and bladerunner_35 like this.
  3. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Huh, I hadn't given the UI much thought. I had in mind a check-box nest to the profiles, but I realise it doesn't work well, as you can have more than one model, and if someone wants to be precise, you'd need one next to each individual loadout... Although perhaps a small availability box where you can input a number next to the loadout and a possibility to sort lists by models with availability >0?

But I can see how it would take quite a bit of work and thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to reply, and if you ever want to consider it and need a guinea pig to test it out, give me a shout.

toadchild likes this.
  4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Hey @toadchild
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but over the last couple of updates this still haven't been corrected, as far as I am aware.
    The Mowang NCO Red Fury costs 1 SWC, however, if he is chosen as a Lt. he costs 0 SWC in both Vanilla and IA, however the app still have him as 1 SWC.

Kind regards (and I love your work!)

- Zewrath

Mahtamori likes this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I never noticed that Mowang have an LT SWC discount!

Zewrath likes this.
  6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Heh, yeah I think it's an incentive to actually use the non-NCO profile. :sweat_smile:

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks for the bug report - you're the first person to mention this one to me, so I definitely didn't already know about it.

In general, I would much rather get duplicate reports than have an issue go unfixed for several releases. Please let me know right away if you find a problem with unit data!

sevinkydink, Yog.0 and Zewrath like this.
  8. tschmitt

tschmitt Active Member

Hi @toadchild
    Wanted to bring a discrepancy to your attention. Pavel McMannus in Ariadna/TAK doesn't show as Frenzy in the app.
    Thank you for putting together this wonderful app. I don't know how I would play Infinity without it.

toadchild likes this.
  9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks very much! I'll make a note to check it for the next update.

tschmitt likes this.
  10. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Finally able to start on O-12 today. I've got most of the unit entry done, but still need to load them in and add a new army entry.

11. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

As people may have noted, I've been doing a bad job of making time for MayaNet lately. Sorry if you're really excited about O-12 and are stuck in limbo because of this.

I've been pretty busy at my actual job lately, which means that when I come home, I don't want to spend my evenings and weekends doing things that feel like more work. I started working on MayaNet and the dice calculator over 5 years ago, and I just don't have the drive to keep them going that I used to.

I'll still try to get O-12 out sometime soon (I have a vacation coming up and will work on it then), but I'm getting to the point that I don't think I can keep these going on my own forever. I'll repeat the call for help - if you have experience programming and have access to a Mac, I'm looking for an assistant for MayaNet development. Otherwise, I'll keep MayaNet updated through N3, but I can't promise that I'll be able to perform an update to N4 next summer.

PappaChu and Lesh' like this.
  12. Claudius Sol

Claudius Sol Aragoto Lieutenant

Hey bud, I’m by no means an expert at iOS programming, but I have a solid background in aerospace programming and UI design and implementation using C,C++, Java, JS, etc. I guess I’m offering to be of some assistance, if you could use a hand.

E-Warden and toadchild like this.
  13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thank, @Claudius Sol and the others who have gotten in touch privately about helping out. I’m still not sure what things will look like going forward, but I will be talking other folks to see if there are ways we can start dividing up some of the workload.

Zewrath likes this.
  14. Bobman

Bobman MERC

I totally understand. It's hard when hobby becomes work. You gotta do what you feel is right. Mayanet is awesome so I would be sad to see it go. But if that's the way so be it. In the mean time I'd be happy to help. Although I'm a techtard.

Zewrath and toadchild like this.
  15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'm wrapping up O-12 tonight and will address the ITS 11 changes and Wild Bill next.

Dragonstriker and Sabin76 like this.
  16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'm uploading a beta today. Things to look over:
    • O-12
    • TAG profile changes
    • Wild Bill

Zewrath, Sabin76 and Abrilete like this.
  17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Looks like I forgot the Combined/Tohaa journalist changes, so I'll be doing a second beta to catch them.

Alfy and Abrilete like this.
  18. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Hi @toadchild,
    I just sent you a bug report regarding a typo in a Neema Saatar profile name label.

toadchild likes this.
  19. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Where did you send it? I don’t see it in my email.

20. Sojourne

Sojourne Irregular

Hey just to check, is the beta for the latest o-12, TAG and wild bill changes out yet? I don't see it updated in Testflight on my end.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation