1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List brainstorming thread

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Jonno, Nov 29, 2018.

1. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It was more a case of being too impatient to spend a few minutes making a list, I just wanted to get in my first game with my new faction.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

This.

So much this.

Space Ranger and ev0k like this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I agree. Some forces can have some pretty good all-comers type lists but I don’t think IA can do that. You pretty much need to tailor the list for the missions. Even better if you know who you are going against but you can almost do that by making two lists for each mission, one for non-hacking armies and one for hacking. So you can leave out the Haidao killer hacker when going against Aridadna and Tohaa and put in the Engineer just in case of E/M weapons. Etc.

4. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Hello citizens of the State-Empire, I'm playing Supremacy tomorrow and wanted to ask for your opinion on two lists: one is a vanilla "nothing to see here" list and the other is a "Zhenchas and a link" list.

[​IMG] Supremacy v1──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] TIGER SOLDIER Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] LIÚ XĪNG Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] GŬILÁNG (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] GŬILÁNG (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] DÀOFĚI Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 55)
    [​IMG] LIBERTO Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

[​IMG] Supremacy v1──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] HǍIDÀO Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    [​IMG] SON-BAE Yaókòng Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    [​IMG] ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Thoughts?

#204 Joametz, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  5. Space Ranger

I like second one the most for this mission. As they look now.

The first one has no one that can control the xenotech in the beginning. You'll need to un-camo something and synch with it. Wasting an order I think. But even the second one has problems because it can't be synched to someone in a fireteam. That leaves you with one of your two Haido to control him.

Since it's a area control mission, I think any baggage bot is great. Again point to the second group.

Again, because it's about points on the table, I like the lasting power of the heavies.

One thing to note about Supremacy. Points are counted after a game Round! Not end of the game. You need to have figures on the table and not hidden. So you need to get Tigers & and Ninja on the table.

Suggestion on the first one: Change one of the Ninja Killer Hackers to a Kanren Killer Hacker and then disguise him as a Hulang! A hackers going to think he's a juicy HI to hack and then you hack back!

Joametz likes this.
  6. Joametz

Thanks for your input. The Kanren is a good suggestion, especially because I can sync the Xeno with it as well.

I'm leaning towards the IA one, but I'd like to have something to use the Lt. Orders on. Maybe I'll try to put a Tai Sheng un that link, or a Mowang that can also Sync the Xeno.

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That will be rough if you put the Ninjas into Hidden Deployment. I'd suggest deploying them as Camo Markers, for maximum shenanigans.

Remember that you can only put one Haidao into a link team, so your sniper is probably going to have to be separate.

8. Space Ranger

I agree. This is not a mission you should go with a defensive link. You need to push forward into zones if you are not already there with some sort of advanced deployment. I know the MSV is great on a Haidao but a Daoying sniper can start the game in FD1. and play some more camo fun!

9. Joametz

The idea was to use the MSR to break open linked enemy snipers and such before going forward, but taking into account the camo infiltrators and regular deploy zones, I think you guys are correct and I should just drop the MSR. I could replace it with another HMG with TA, or maybe just add a Haidao Red Fury. These are a couple of options:

Supremacy
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    HǍIDÀO Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

That's 15 orders with two linked usable HMGs, vs...

Supremacy (another one)

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    HǍIDÀO Red Fury / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

... 15 orders with an HMG and a Red Fury, but two of the orders are placed on Combis.

LuAn likes this.
  10. Space Ranger

I like the first one more.

On the second I think you might as well get rid of the Warcore to upgrade one of the ZY to HMG. True you are loosing the TA ability but gaining an HMG!

[​IMG]9
    ZÚYǑNG HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    HǍIDÀO Red Fury / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Joametz likes this.
  11. Joametz

I think I'm going with this:

[​IMG] Supremacy[​IMG]
    10 [​IMG] DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] MÓWÁNG (NCO) Spitfire, Flammenspeer / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
    [​IMG] ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    [​IMG] ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    5.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

I get the Haidao KHD for button pressing duty, two TA HMGs, a Tinbot TA and two baggage bots for this extra points. Mowang will sync with the xenodude and spend the Lt. 2 orders while the Daoying just chills. Since I don't have attack REMs to buff or AD troopers to help land, I can loose the Lt. Hacker and just use her to fuel the big NCO boy (plus, both Zhenchas and her start inside some quadrants, which is good).

smog and Space Ranger like this.
  12. LuAn

LuAn New Member

I'm fiddling around with this:
    focus is on the core, with HaoDao, i'm impartial to the rest.

Any pointers?

Invincible Army

[​IMG]10
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    SHÀNG JÍ (Tactical Awareness) Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 45)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    TAI SHENG (Chain of Command) Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 37)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 295 Points

Open in Infinity Army

13. Geschmeidig

Geschmeidig New Member

I dont know why, but i simply cant live without Lu Duan xD

Tactical Boomstick

[​IMG]10
    TAI SHENG (Chain of Command) Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    HǍIDÀO Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Space Ranger and Maksimas like this.
  14. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Now, I know this isn't strictly an Invincible Army list, buuuuuuuuut...

I just wanted to see how much S5 HI we can fit into a single list.
    My answer is all of them.

There is no kill like overkill

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    SÙ-JIÀN Heavy Shotgun, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 54)
    YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
    YĀN HUǑ 2 Missile Launchers + TinBot C (Neurocinetics) / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 56)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Jonno likes this.
  15. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I've taken something very similar to this to a tournament before except with Sun Tze at the helm.

16. Maksimas

Huh, interesting.
    Mind sharing how it looked exactly?

17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Don't have it on hand now but it looked very similar to this

Tank

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    SUN TZE Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Boarding Shotgun, 2 Nanopulsers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 60)
    SÙ-JIÀN Heavy Shotgun, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 54)
    YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
    YĀN HUǑ 2 Missile Launchers + TinBot C (Neurocinetics) / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 56)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]3
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Was paired to handle some of the zone domination missions. Sun Tze concealed the Yan Huo, particularly the twin ML one which isn't a common choice and had them slam down opposite targets that usually weren't ready to deal with templates coming at them. Caught people off guard.

siri and Maksimas like this.
  18. Maksimas

Yeah, most people are caught off guard by HI heavy lists at the best of times, I find. Most justdon't seem to expect that, at least locally.
    That Neuro Yan Huo just rubs further salt into the wound when placed in a good spot where the enemy did not expect to have to deal with it.

19. siri

siri Well-Known Member

Just think the list is a little vulnerable against smoke tricks. Maybe trading the Su Jian and a kuang shi for a Hsien hmg could do a best work ! Or trade a Su Jian for 2 Rui Shi ....

20. Maksimas

Rui Shi are AVA 2 only in the sectorials.

Am I the only one here who thinks smoke trick effectiveness is blown a little too far out of proportion?
    I mean, it is effective, to be sure, but does it always have to be accounted for 100% of the time...?

At least in my experience smoke shenanigans are not as dangerous as most claim them to be... maybe people just fail at using smoke here, who knows...?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation