1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Dice Calculator

Discussion in 'News' started by toadchild, Dec 5, 2017.

1. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks for the bug report. I'll go back and fix that up when I have some time.

Adding a checkbox (or similar) for surprise shot/attack is on my to-do list, but for now you have to use the generic modifiers dropdown to give the opponent -3 or -6 as appropriate.

2. ArTrodes

ArTrodes Never give up

Thanksfully for this tools.

For this things i love this community :hearteyes:

toadchild likes this.
  3. Death

Death Well-Known Member

You need to update the Kamau to reflect its new profile.

Oh wow, army 6 just updated and fixed the "LGL error". Now its properly displaying the HRL+SMG combo. Its about time.

toadchild likes this.
  4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

1. Thanks for the reminder; I updated the data in Mayanet, but forgot to push it to the dice roller as well.

2. I'm glad they finally fixed the Kamau in Army.

5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I've fixed the monofilament bug and added the new Bayram units. All of the units previously under "Mercenaries" are now under "Non-Aligned Armies" instead.

Sabin76 likes this.
  6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I've added proper support for Natural Born Warrior modes A and B and D-Charges CC mode.

#26 toadchild, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Icchan, Barrogh and Sabin76 like this.
  7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Dice calculator has the second round of Druze updates they added to Army, and I cleaned up a few duplicate units in the Non-Aligned list.

Icchan, Mahtamori and Barrogh like this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I had previously not added Full Auto because it was fully reproducible using the fireteam and generic modifier dropdowns. However, I took a little time tonight and added it.

Please note! For the first time ever, I treat the left and right units differently! The +1 Burst bonus from Full Auto L1 will only work on the left hand unit, the one labeled active player. All other skills and abilities continue not caring which side they are on.

Kriza vs. Squalo

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

@toadchild thansk! I got confused as I saw Full Auto mentioned but it was not "affecting" calculations ;) I remember it could be done via other mods ;)

11. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

@toadchild found something werid I believe to be a bug with E/M Crit calculation
    Domaru shows only 40% chance to IMM-2, which should be
    65% (Critical on 8+ from CC23+MA3+Berserk) + 0.55*35% for a non crit (BTS6/2 vs DAM13)
    = 84.25%

49.5% to cause a W seems also strange, should be straight 55% (PH14 vs ARM4).

Maybe I just screwed up a MOD, nevertheless AP and DA CCWs work just fine for crosstesting (since the AP CCW has the exact same odds).

toadchild likes this.
  12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The EM portion's Damage has not cut BTS in half (it's listed as 8 in raw stats, which is PH14-BTS6)

toadchild likes this.
  13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Hmm, I'll check it out.
    Is it... supposed to? I thought E/M CCWs had basic E/M damage, not Breaker.

Checked the Wiki:
    After a successful attack using E/M Special Ammunition, the target must make a BTS Roll using half his BTS value.

14. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

EM ammo cuts BTS in half. Since N3.

toadchild likes this.
  15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Yep, I just looked it up. That should be an easy enough fix.

16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

49.5% sounds about right on the normal damage, if accounting for rounding errors. DAM10 vs ARM0 should yield 50%, not 55%.

Achilles also gets the -3 MOD from Domaru's Martial Arts 3, but that MOD only applies to Face to Face rolls.

17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I found a couple of problems:
    1. I was applying the crits to the normal damage rather than the E/M. I have reversed the order of those so that a Domaru should now be more likely to disable and less likely to wound.
    2. The way I did ammo types doesn't let me easily make one save be at 1/2 value and the other at full. I think I fixed this as well.
    3. It is getting confused about how to count and display an E/M critical that also does damage. This will take more work to fix.
    Sorry that the numbers are a bit unreliable at the moment.

#37 toadchild, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Teslarod, Icchan, Barrogh and 2 others like this.
  18. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Can I just say I have a newfound respect for the dice calculator? I just tried scripting a basic face-to-face roll calculator (just a basic tool to take in 1 burst and 1 target per player as command line arguments and give odds of who would win the roll) and I'm amazed at how many weird edge cases and scenarios your calculator handles (which is also probably why the core of yours is 700 lines in C and mine is 60 lines of poorly-written Python).

Reece, Abrilete, inane.imp and 2 others like this.
  19. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks, I put a lot of work into trying to cover all of that. It sounds like you've taken the opportunity to look through the source code I released, so please feel free to ask if there's anything going on in there that is not obvious. This project is more of a series of weekend hacks, not something that was carefully thought out and designed from the start.

20. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I've updated the dice calc with the unit changes from Uprising. You may notice that the Yu Jing unit list is shorter, and the Non-Aligned Armies one is much longer.

Nat Lanza and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation