1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna Buy It?

Discussion in 'General' started by gregmurdock, Mar 30, 2019.

?

How much are you willing to pay to ks Defiance?

1. Not ksing Defiance.

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. €0~50

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. €51~75

19 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. €76~100

41 vote(s)
    17.5%
  5. €101~125

25 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. €126~150

27 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. €151~200

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  8. No price is too high.

35 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

Are you going to contribute to the ks? How much would you be willing to spend to get it? Let's not consider shipping at this time cause who knows how that'll turn out.

2. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I'm going to try to buy it. I think CB is a great company, and I've been satisfied with both of the games they've produced up until this point.

My biggest concern is the price. As a graduating college student, money is a bit tight for this hobby. Usually these dungeon crawler games have lots of miniatures, which can add up. I'm happy the miniatures will be metal, but I hope it doesn't increase the cost of the box.

Belgrim, DustGod and PurpleSquid like this.
  3. 5th Dimension

5th Dimension Member

"No price is too high" seems wrong yet >€200 would be acceptable if the content/exclusives/stretch goals warrant the price, so I'm not sure which option to pick.

I will obv be purchasing the metal miniatures, but as an avid board gamer and boardgamegeek member, I hope there is a one-piece cheaper plastic option ala Descent or Mice and Mystics to draw in the board gamer crowd and not just Infinity players. I think after the amount of disappointment/frustration voiced from the Super Dungeon Explore KSer it's evident that your average non-tabletopper isn't very keen on assembling miniatures in today's market.

A plastic minis boardgame might end up drawing in some new blood to the Infinity scene.

4. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

I can't say without knowing the contents and the rules.
    On one side, I don't like playing against the box and prefer to play against real people, However, this is CB so I believe they can come up with something unique everyone can enjoy.

DustGod likes this.
  5. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

It's hypocritical of me to say I wouldn't pay hundreds for a board game when I own Kingdom death and 7th continent. But I'm definitely not interested in dropping that much for a dungeon crawler regardless of how nice the minis look. 75euro would be a very hard maximum for me . And it would need to be interesting enough for my boardgame group for me to pay that much as I'd be playing with A VERY different group to my infinity group. Especially given my board games group includes my wife!

Can't help but feel metal minis for a board game is a terrible idea. Not just for price but also storage. If the game is meant to appeal to non hobbyists, inclination would be to store minis with the games. How would that work? Is each mini one piece with nothing to glue on? No risk of breakage?
    I have many questions ..

Yog.0, Sgt.M.Clayton, Barrogh and 2 others like this.
  6. sevsterino

sevsterino Well-Known Member

The miniatures will be easy to assemble. I imagine two pieces. With the latest CB technology, they will require one drop of glue around the torso. However, I see a problem with cleaning the flash and leftovers from metal injection canals... hmmm I have no idea how they will deal with that.

Dragonstriker and xagroth like this.
  7. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I like the genre, but I’m skeptical of metal minis for a game that should be easy to transport and start playing for non-war gamers. I hope they at least come with plastic minis as part of a core box and that the KS only lets avid war gamers add metal minis that they would like.

As for the price, it depends on my economic situation at the time of the KS and the stretch goals.

Sgt.M.Clayton likes this.
  8. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I have never participated in a kickstarter, so I don’t really know for sure.
    The reason I am going to go for this one is that I want to share my passion for infinity with friends and family, who‘d never take the deep dive into infinity. I guess that worth to me a lot more than a normal boardgame.

I would also not want to state a price limit because I assume CB will do a good job in giving infinity players a lot of interconnectivity between the two games. If buying into the kickstarter with many stretch goals allows me to do the following things:
    - build a space ship table large enough to play regular infinity games (that would include some very large/long rooms I guess)
    - play Shasvastii or Combined Army in general without owning any of their miniatures prior to the kickstarter or with just having to buy very little additional stuff
    - get a good set of proxies for the human factions (so considerably more than just the 4 known heroes)
    then I‘d be willing to spend a lot. I guess I‘d just say a table is worth XX, a new faction YY and a decent group of proxies ZZ and then see where it ends up.
    I‘d also be open to e.g. knowing that the kickstarter plus an infinity operation whatever box that includes Shasvastii would give me a playable army. Many ways to make this work I guess.

One question for the experienced kickstarter guys: can you change the shipping address (even between countries) between backing the kickstarter and the shipping?

9. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

I'm in the brackets till 200€ but it depends on the content.
    But I think the basic product should be below 100€ to get more people in.

10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'm pretty confident that CB with all of their product design and in-house capabilities will be more reliable than most KS are. Prepared to drop mucho casho on this.

11. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

I'm in for sure. The only thing that would stop me if the minis were a let down...but I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen.

12. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Was there any date announced when the KS goes live?

13. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

I would not really expect dungeon crawler with metal minis for 75€. Most games in that genre with plastic minis cost around 100€, and that's usually not counting few hundread euros that you can throw on expansions,lol

Not really sure how well recieved this KS would be by the boardgaming crowd. Most of them love great minis, but at the same time, most of people don't paint em, not have skill for level of detail Infinity minis have. And since it's still quite popular to pledge for kilos and kilos of free plastic you get with your pledge, something tells me that with metal, they simply can't have too much stuff inside for the price. I mean, even those dual starter sets are 90€ for 14 minis and some paper buildings. When it comes to boardgames, you usually get more plastic and cardboard and cards, and stuff for that price.

For your 75€ you could expect like 10 minis and some cardboard.

It will be interesting to see how well they fare, but can't say that I am overly too optimistic looking at the trends, even though I am very much looking to see what they came with with that game!

LaughinGod likes this.
  14. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

No, cause it's too early in the process. But Bostria stated "as nobody was listening:wink:" that the date could be around October November.

15. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

This seems to be in the vein of Warhammer Quest/Black Stone Fortress.

4-8 heros; 2-4 Adversaries in the main.

One thing we can't forget is this is cyberpunk; the board itself can be an enemy in additon to models which bring some interesting problem solving stuffs with hacking/Info war.

I would foresee a $200 (usd) cost for this... would gladly pay it too.

Shoitaan, Postmortem and xagroth like this.
  16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I already have Star Saga, Blackstone Fortress, and some other dungeon crawlers, so to justify me grabbing another, it would need to give me something really nice... Being on KS to me kills it, however, since I could be looking at a December pledge to get the game even a year later :S

Also, a lot of people is still waiting for the Modiphius' KS physical goodies, which can be bad publicity for the Infinity brand in KS.

The Bad:
    • The name is not really all that original, or (worst of all) lucky... even if the TV series was interesting, the MMO went... gray.
    • More miniatures. I already have 300+ atm (plus add the whole Daedalus+Spiral+3 extra models), and still need to grab some to end padding factions, lists, and Ramah... (without the mention of the profiles without model, see Tunguska).
      • I would have preferred a cheap game you can buy with a Starter box of a faction of your choice (for player) and another (for enemies).
    • Metal miniatures can make things akward for transport and induction of new friends.
    • Metal miniatures means more expensive.
    • Obligatory "I hope I can explain the rules as we play/in 5 mins to friends so I can try to play with them" disclosure...
    • "compatible with Infinity" does not mean Infinity is compatible with Defiance...
    • "compatible with Infinity" might mean new profiles... I hope not, frankly,
      • unless we get resculpts/repacks of current profiles (for example, a Dart + Konstantinos + Messher, and some mooks you can use markers/existing models, for example to recreate the theft of the Xenodevice during 3rd offensive).
    • Hard to join IA game with "player can control the bad guys", without having a "the GM player erradicates the other players" or a "the AI-game is a frigging joke, you can win asleep" (Blackstone Fortress goes betweent he two, depending on enemies and hero's team composition).
    The good:
    • Metal miniatures, meaning no surprises in quality.
    • Infinity Dungeon Crawler, we asked for one for months.
    • Possibly useful tiles (I'm assuming it will use some tiles) for use with Infinity, for those boarding actions...
    • Cooperative. So we face troll mode/nightmare mode/too easy mode if there are bugs/failures in translation, instead of nightmares of players arguing the rulebook. Hopefully.
    Right now, I would grab a digital copy of the rulebook (and printable extras) and *maybe* some physical goodies (mats) if I can have said digital stuff in a few weeks from the KS' end.
    If it's all physical, I will wait for the product to reach stores. And my limit would be about 50 bucks, with maybe 4-5 metal models and the rest of the enemies as cardboard pawns (like the ones you can buy for Pathfinder).

Belgrim, theGricks, Abrilete and 2 others like this.
  17. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Not KSing anything anymore, been burned before and think it starves retail chain.
    I'll pick it up at retail I think

18. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

If they make a Sakiel with Light Rocket Launcher mini who is a random helpful NPC that can join your party I'm all in.

csjarrat, Abrilete and Grathak like this.
  19. Dr.Dressler

Dr.Dressler Active Member

Dungeon Crawling seems interesting enough, but Kickstarter? Been there already. So where to start.

I don't like their payment options. I don't have a credit card and don't want one. Paypal isn't an option.

Second of all, I finance a project which would perhaps not come to be realized without the community. So where's my share? Sure you usually get a ton of minis, but everyone should know that theirs always a profit margin included for the Company. I don't say it should be pro bono, but I guess you get what I want to say.

And finally there's always the risk of you burning money because they reach the funding goal and then mess up or straight up cheat you out of your funds. The latter wouldn't be a problem with Corvus Belli, but you know.

So no, I'm not kickstarting. In fact I'm totally appalled by the idea of realizing such a game via Kickstarter.

FatherKnowsBest and csjarrat like this.
  20. Wizardlizard

Wizardlizard Well-Known Member

I don't this gets me .I don't like dungeon crawlers and I don't like Kickstarter especially for established companies .Mu bet is this won't even make it to US retailer shelves and barely any online stores. Shame a missed opportunity to get people to try Infinity on a smaller scale and simpler rules.
    As far as how much should the game cost - 4 minis confirmed and betting not a ton of 'foes'. Most they can charge is army box price ... More than that and it just becomes a collectors item for a few hundred people around the world .

FatherKnowsBest and oldGregg like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation