1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bye Scoring in OTM

Discussion in 'OTM (Official Tournament Manager)' started by DukeofEarl, Jun 25, 2018.

1. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

One of y players in a tournament yesterday noted that his total OPS was off from expected. It appears that even though he was marked as a bye in round 2 the final classification did not calculate out his OPs for the bye round. Calculated the way it says to in the ITS rules this player would have come in 3rd place, but OTM is showing him as 4th and I can not seem to find a way to correct it.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

If you give a person a bye in OTM I believe it scores them as a tie rather than a win. If you want to get around that make a dummy account and pair them with the bye player each round and that will allow you to assign a win for a bye.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  3. DukeofEarl

It gives them the 2 TPs properly, but doesn't seem to do the final math at all.

Good idea on a dummy though

#3 DukeofEarl, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  4. DukeofEarl

Just dawned on me that a dummy is probably going to effect ELO scores for those who get the byes.

5. Pendragonstn

Pendragonstn Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I have a similar issue on my last tournament. Last round, one of the players had to leave. Therefore, I assigned him a rest and his opponent a bye. In the OTM manager, it correctly scored and listed them, giving 2 TP to the bye player and 0 to the rested player, giving them the final classification of 7th place (to the bye player) and 8th (to the rested player). However, in the dashboard, the classification was reversed. See attached images:

Attached Files:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation