1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asteroid Blues - Arrival

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AdmiralJCJF, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Luisjoey

Luisjoey High Marshall of Wotan
    Warcor

Guys the best way to validate a game it´s a 1 minute video, i live in Venezuela where internet its CRAPPY to upload a minute could be 3 hours or more! but i did to make validations on my games since i had this hammer over my head before. you have better internet in your countries so you could do it if you put the date better! we are in the internet era.

A video of the table, say "hi" and that´s it! i learnt that from @nazroth and helped a lot, even i befriend with one of my first accussers, we are having a fine competition last time ARIADNA did have lots of player base and it showed with victory for their faction. (meeeeh ateks)

I encourage to report suspicius reports, to prevent the "FAKE" propaganda, but certainly it will take time and i suggest the Historians to just remove the points scored from the final point even showing the report as normal. all to make a game experience and have several reports ( i will push them to play and write up reports too as last year)

@AdmiralJCJF did report in the forums and online the fraudulent reports by the fit or whoever was called and i hope the historians took note of that erasing the false use of their pictures.

This year i will travel (by plane) a city with 20 active players here in my country for a week to play at least a game with each one, then return to play to my sleepy local meta (about 5 players) that includes my wife that she paints his miniatures, where she make her own lists, and is reading the fluff since she got into the game and campaing seriously (i just pay the aleph SSS she plays :( )

For me, that couldnt make to the inteplanetary, it´s an great effort to promote the gaming community on my country; please do your part playing clear, making it fluffy and having LOTS OF FUN! i want to read your reports to the best!

enogh said... #DEUSVULT

2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

I doubt that's what he's saying as it could be proved with two links to the reports in question. Part of the explanation has been omitted at first unintentionally by myself, possibly also unintentionally by @AdmiralJCJF , but on the off chance he has reason to hold it back(aside from the fact that this is a forum for talking about toy soldiers and not the old bailey...) without giving details, let me reassure you that there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for that. There are a couple of details that JCJF could possibly clear up publicly, but he's under no obligation to do so, and I believe his reason for not doing so has already been said here. IE that no matter the reason given will essentially fall on wilfully deaf ears...

AdmiralJCJF and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Wait, you mean someone on the Internet would ignore evidence and cling to their own preconceived notions?!?!?!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Like I said, I remain unconvinced. The weird "I'm a family man" justifications for why he wouldn't do it aren't helping, either.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  5. A Mão Esquerda

Hence, as @cazboab notes, why they decline to share anything further with you... you're convinced already, and would refuse to understand.

cazboab likes this.
  6. Hecaton

That makes me think that this supposed exculpatory evidence isn't really, well, exculpatory. If it were clear it would have been shared last year. At this point, it's a matter of what's more probably - JCJF was fraudulently posting batreps, or a sinister Yu Jing agent HACKED HIS PHONE and posted fake batreps to discredit him.

7. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

WIP 12 Admiral defence force.

8. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Well this thread is getting locked sooner rather than later

9. Hecaton

I'm honestly surprised it hasn't yet.

10. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

While I understand and appreciate that @psychoticstorm usually takes a "light hand" approach to moderation, I can't think of a better example from the last year of a thread where the best response would simply be to delete every post below the "20th Acontecimento Reserve Regiment" link on pg 1.

Of course, if he choses instead to simply delete the whole thread so I can simply repost just the links then I'll understand that choice too.

But either way, this is one of the clearest arguments we've seen in favour of a different approach to moderation in these forums, especially given the inability of posters to heed the warning of the moderator.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back onto the topic of the actual Asteroid Blues campaign:

I REALLY want the company symbol for Liberty Cargo... for... "reasons"
    [​IMG]

11. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I held back from joining this conversation for a while, but I just can’t help notice the fact that the “person of interest” doesn’t want the thread locked, but instead have it deleted or just comments in the thread deleted. That seems oddly convenient...

I think some of the actions from the last campaign should be completely transparent. The evidence seems pretty damning, and as a community event where community actions have “impact”, we should not be put in the dark. The large amount of false reports from PanO last campaign really changed the Ariadna game plan, all for nought. If any “head of a faction” encouraged foul play in the event they should be held accountable. Yes, this is a casual event, but no one enjoys playing a rigged game, and these kind of actions without seen reprecussions lead to less and less excitement for future campaigns.

#91 ldgif, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    meikyoushisui and Hecaton like this.
  12. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

(IMO) The reason Pano didn't do well in last years campaign is because a good number of Pano players did not participate, and not because of fake battle reports, If this happens this year, we will just have the same outcome. If we all show up, this time. who knows what will happen, Let us do our thing and win this time and don't worry about others.

13. Hecaton

No one's arguing that that's why *PanO* didn't do well. The argument is that it negatively affected *other* factions (Yu Jing and Ariadna). And then, of course, if the batreps were falsified by someone with the goal of discrediting JCJF, him too.

14. A Mão Esquerda

Yes, truly odd that someone might be so naive as to believe that a matter considered and decided by CB and BoW/OTT could be safely considered closed. Odder still that they might want references to said matter brought up in bad faith and in a puerile attempt to smear and defame deleted and/or removed. It really beggars belief, ¿no?

Thandar and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  15. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Overall PanOceania actually had a good Kurage campaign, with numbers not really being very substantially changed beyond what one might expect for an event literally set on the home planet of one of the factions.

It'll be interesting to see how things shake out for Asteroid Blues from that perspective.

Despite being quite badly hurt by the fake reporting, which prevented the kind of final surge which carried us over the line in the Wotan campaign, things wound up in a narratively satisfying way (even if not one "perfect" for PanO).

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. Hecaton

Well, I figure if JCJF was vindicated, it would have been mentioned publicly. And if he wasn't, and is participating in this campaign, that's a problem, because it means that something's out of wack with the consequences for various violations of the campaign's rules and implied social rules - criticizing the campaign structure on the platform results in a lifetime ban, whereas cheating in such a way to affect the campaign results doesn't result in any sort of ban.

CaptainVenge and meikyoushisui like this.
  17. Hecaton

And they likely would have been different, narratively, if it wasn't for those falsified reports.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  18. SpectralOwl

Anyone got any ideas about how the usual interfaction battle royale is meant to tie in with the narrative about Shasvastii infiltration? Most faction bases seem to handle a lot of cargo, but that's about it so far for tie-ins to the premise.

AdmiralJCJF and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. A Mão Esquerda

Almost certainly the SEF is hunting the Penny Arcade.

grampyseer likes this.
  20. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I dont believe that you know a player who was banned like that. Awfully convenient too that it's someone from your local playgroup...

A Mão Esquerda and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation