1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5-Man Link of Zhanshi or Limited insertion

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Cannon Fodder, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

contemplating getting into IA, and below are my first IA list. I want to ask everyone here if they think its better to have a 5 man link of zhanshi or keep the list as Limited insertion.

A couple pointers on lists

Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    YĀN HUǑ (FTO) MULTI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    LIÚ XĪNG Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 38)
    ZHANSHI Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52)

6 SWC | 290 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    • Haidao KHD,Yan Huo & Zuyong are a fireteam. Basically big gun, KHD with Tinbot, and Tactical awareness. This seams like a strong point piece.
    • Gaoying sniper LtL2: to feed order to NCO, then late game use order on himself after my opponent forgets about the camo token. I also really like the Minelayer for a bit of Lt shell game.
    • I really want to try explode with the Liu Xing, then Boarding shotgun since its so close. The AHD is points filler, and objective grabber.
    • Hzanshi are mostly cheerleaders, the hacker is to help the AD.
    • Mowang NCO looks like a beast, and get all the LT orders. I went with Redfure to save SWC. May swap the Daoying to a basic to let me upgrade this to a spitfire.
    Invincible Army

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    LIÚ XĪNG Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 38)
    ZHANSHI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    TAI SHENG Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    • Mostly the same as above, but adding a Pangguling to the Zhanshi fireteam to make it 5 man core.
    • Downgraded the Mowang to a Tai Shien to save SWC and put in a Zhanshi HMG.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Limited Insertion version without 10 points wasted

[​IMG]10
    SHÀNG JÍ (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Now, it's not quite what I'd run. I would prioritise the non-hacker version of the Louie (KHDs are nearly guaranteed in the current version of the game, no point exposing yourself to something you can't fight) and if there's points left over somewhere and SWC lying around, I'd upgrade one of the Zhanshi to a Son-Bae - though I do note that it's funny how in every list I make with a Son-Bae I seem to have also removed all Zhencha...

3. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

A couple of thoughts.

I really like the Zhanshi core with a Haidao sniper in it to create a cheap firebase. I’ll usually also have the Zhanshi HMG to have a secondary gun.

If possible, it’s a good idea to have a 6th body around (4 Zhanshi, 1 pangguling FTO, one Haidao) so that you can bring the team back to 5 when one of them dies.

I feel like IA really shines in limited insertion with NCO and tactical awareness. If you can get your single order group up to 14 orders, it’s that much more able to knock your opponent down.

Especially in limited insertion, the heavy infantry link is probably a good idea. Zhanshi can be great, or they can be one wound mooks who die to a stray bullet. Having a link of 5 with 2ish wounds each, gives your core some staying power.

4. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Personally I wouldn’t run a LI list without a zuyong pain train. It’s one of IA’s biggest strengths. If you prefer a zhanshi link, why not aim for 14 orders?

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'd honestly want to run a beefier Zuyong Pain Train if you're going to play Limited Insertion:

Invincible Army

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    TAI SHENG Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    SHÀNG JÍ Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 39)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    HǍIDÀO Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Or something similar.

6. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

It's funny because you could also aim for 14 orders with the Pain Train in LI (with TA, NCO rules and such). I also believe that goingfor LI means fielding the Pain Train, unless you go with a defensive link with Haidao MSR + Son-Bae SML asbackup for a Hac Tao HMG or something similar. Personally, I dislike the Yan Huo Haris, I would prefer a single HMC and spend the slots/points in Zhenchas or the like.

You can easily field a Mowang NCO, Hac Tao and defensive link in LI:

LI

[​IMG]10
    HAC TAO HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 68)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) MULTI Rifle, Flammenspeer / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 52)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

It may not be what you are going for, though.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation