1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

While the other weapons are fine (and double thumbs up for the Stun LGL!), why would the Judiciary have artillery observers? If you need to throw explosives at the problem, it's gone way beyond police work.

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

You always need someone with eyes on the situation and the FO works with the Stun LGL. I'm not thinking him in that sort of light. If you think like that, then why do the Celestial Guard, Zhanying or Kanren have it? They are also Judiciary operatives.

3. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Without touching his stats they could let baos do a decent haris, without spending 1,5 SWC on a red fury pheasnt agent. Defenisve links with snipers are SWC worthless and as an attack piece isn't funny to have to mid range guy without visor.

I really want a marksman rifle on Baos...

#1123 krossaks, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Borlois and Space Ranger like this.
  4. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

I'd assume the Bao door kicking element more comes from their role as shock door kickers arresting people in the middle of the night. So maybe Stealth and some kind of close range profile?

5. Section9

Yeah, I could get behind that.

Hrm... SMG, boarding shottie, maybe even chain rifle+assault pistol?

Kallas likes this.
  6. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

Haris options with a Pheasant agent with regular weapons ( 0.5 SWC), like this they become a little bit cheaper, and with their combi+LSG still being a good deployment guards.

7. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

Their door kicking comes from shotguns on everything but the MSR and dedicated hunter killer equipment in the form of MS and biometric visors.

I'd rather a fundamental re-evaluation of MSV costs versus shooting mods. Along with CC, PH, and Arm...

But I'll settle for nanoscreen :Q:

Kallas likes this.
  8. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

I just had a nightmare, what if cb decided, that it would be appropriate for some of the new IA HI to only have 1 W just like Ariadna to lower the pointcost of the unit.

#1128 Shinen, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  9. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

doublepost, sry. For the Stateempire!

10. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

That genuinely frightened me-

11. Section9

Please, for love of the Emperor, don't give them any ideas!!!

12. Shango

Shango Well-Known Member

The real problem is not the pointcost of the troops (which reflects more or less finely its power) but more the rule of the constitution of the reserve of orders. Instead of proposing different ways of playing between factions and armies, this rule tends to ensure that all players adopt the same army pattern. I hope the new grind of the rules will fix that to bring more diversity and avoid the spam of cheerleaders. Or at least create profiles having strategoL1 in the HI or rules limiting the fireteams in the LI: so they have full orders but must also spend full to act while the overequipped troop can act simultaneously with a small orders reserve...

13. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

See i was thinking it might be cool if IA got some stuff that was clearly power armor but not necessarily "true" heavy infantry suits. As an example lets use the Daoying operative as she doesn't look as beefy as say a Zuyong. Give her 6-2" MOV like V2 Joans mobility armor (but way, waaay cheaper) drop it down two ARM 2 and then one wound plus Shock Immunity and a pseudo-wound (to represent the reduced but still fairly advanced medical tech that can be squeezed in) preferably NWI but V:Dogged could potentially work to. With this you've got a quick above average durable model that is hopefully quite good at late game model hunting or objective grabbing for hopefully less than a Zuyong (i didn't even try to work out a points cost, numbers are not my forte.)

Now i'm not say this is going to happen or that my above example is even the best for what i'm trying to get at, I just think this might be an interesting avenue for CB to explore and something that could shake up the design space of IA while still being fairly thematic and not world ending.

14. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

If anything the Dakini / Hollowmen looking unit could be a 1STR HI. This makes them Hackable and affected by EM but descreases their price. The combination of ARM3 and STR1 makes for a quite resilient unit: you just need to be prepared to Engineer them.

It's what I was actually hoping for Hollowmen as it have fit in with Nomads MI schtick.

15. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of the possibility of the zhencha or maybe something else getting a jammer now that even pano have one.

16. Section9

Cautiously optimistic that other people will get one.

But the damn Ghazi Mutts are waaaay too well-equipped for their current points cost.

Joametz, Hecaton and Dragonstriker like this.
  17. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Pano don't have one, and i don't think anyone will ever get an infiltrated jammer unit unless it's reworked somehow, that would be way too oppressive otherwise.

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/nova-open-seminar.24693/page-7#post-148215

They'll have one before Christmas. If the Jammer gets reworked, we'll see, but the current line of CB thinking on Jammers seem to have skipped the part where the weapon is far too bullshit and is instead working on sticking them on models with slightly lower WIP and significantly higher cost.
    No idea if Zulu is infiltrating, but absolutely some form of marker state. Based on them having Jammers and that cloak, I'd say Light Infantry No Infiltrating TO Camo - so be careful moving Su-Jians around hunting for those Pan-O TAG's squishy order generators in the future.

Mruczyslaw, Hecaton, Section9 and 2 others like this.
  19. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I still find it interesting that creating ISO-1 and ISO-2 states would pretty well fix Jammers, bring Mutts in line with other similarly priced Warbands and wouldn't break Hecklers.

That being said, the proliferation of Jammers is a buff to Veteran and BTS bloat.

20. Section9

Assuming that you are intending ISO-1 to work like IMM-1 (reset to fix) and ISO-2 to work like IMM-2 (engineer to fix), yeah, that would work.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation