1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Crooked Grin Of Corregidor: Tactica

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by GHoooSTS, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

I ran this list recently in a game of Quadrant Control. It felt weird as all hell not bringing an infiltrator or AD unit, but it ran about as well as LI ever does in my hands.

Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
    MOBILE BRIGADA HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 42)
    MOBILE BRIGADA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 43)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    LUPE BALBOA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Panzerfaust, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    JAGUAR Adhesive Launcher, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 13)
    GECKO 2 Combi Rifles, Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / . (0 | 53)
    [​IMG] GECKO PILOT 2 Assault Pistols, Knife. ()
    McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 32)

3.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The budget Starco link is fantastic and the Massacre Haris it just as good as it ever was. I've got a tournament coming up soon where the missions are Quadrant Control, Frostbyte, and Tic-Tac-Toe. One more practice game tonight (Frostbyte) with this list and if it does all right then I'm sorted for Quadrant Control and Frostbyte, allowing a purpose built list for Tic-Tac-Toe.

It might be worth swapping McMurrough for a Spitfire Tsyklon for more link flexability, but I love having a heavy center with warband flanks to push in and make holes. Massacre can't do it alone. Obvious Lt and no engineer are glaring weakpoints of course but I never expected to win this tourney anyway, I'm just here for a couple good games.

Edit: Ended up playing Annihilation just for the hell of it. Lupe killed a full health Guija with a panzerfaust ARO, then a Tiger Soldier killed my full health Gecko with a combi rifle. Game ended tied with 119 points surviving on both sides. What a wild ride.

#221 Civilized Barbarian, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    loricus, csjarrat and Willen like this.
  2. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I'm just amazed you've seen a guijia that isn't sat on a shelf gathering dust!

3. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

I was surprised too! TAGs are rare in my meta, but last night the Guija, Gecko, and a Jotum all saw the field then died pathetically. I think TAGs will continue being rare here.

csjarrat likes this.
  4. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Haha, no doubt! That's a tough day for the TAGs

5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Inexperienced TAGs tend to die pretty easily, it takes a lot of practice to get a sense of keeping them safe. Althou there's no helping getting hit and losing all your ARM rolls to bad luck.

6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

So I decided to try the Mobile Brigada/Alguacile team more recently and I have to say, it didn't disappoint. The low cost (118pts and 4 SWC for the team) really doesn't break the bank when I can throw in four Jaguars and an Intruder Sniper to be a full combat group with 100pts left over, the ML ARO is awesome, the HMG is so strong on the active, and two wounds ARM 4 is enough to make them a resilient threat.

Rounded out with an Intruder LT, Bandit KHD, Tomcat and Sensorbot I was very happy. CJC always lacked for resilient options in the links: this covers that.

Hachiman Taro and loricus like this.
  7. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Yeah it's good. I found I missed having a DTW when I wanted to advance. Half inclined to try either HMG or ML with multi rifle light flamer Lt. Either that or Lupe with her Nanopulsar

Solar likes this.
  8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I found myself missing a Shotgun more than anything, but a DTW would work in a pinch too. Lupe does also have smoke and a Panzerfaust so she adds a lot of flexibility to the team.

Remnar and Hachiman Taro like this.
  9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

We can finally do a Wildcat Core and Haris with the addition of Jazz.

10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Yeah. Unfortunately that's not *nearly* as sexy as Jazz with access to core-linked X-Visor pitchers.

loricus and Willen like this.
  11. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Something like this?

[​IMG]5
    TSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
    JAZZ FTO undefined. (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] JAZZ Hacker Submachine Gun, Pitcher, Cybermine / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    MOBILE BRIGADA Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 37)
    LUPE BALBOA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Panzerfaust, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)

2 SWC | 145 Points

Open in Infinity Army

inane.imp likes this.
  12. inane.imp

More like this:

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
    SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    ALGUACIL Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    HELLCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

(Literally just removed Valerya from my previous Tsyklon Core version and replaced her with Jazz + WarCor).

ZlaKhon and loricus like this.
  13. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I really like the sound of that tinbotB on her but it is a points investment.

14. inane.imp

On your active, anyone sane just Resets vs her Maestro to avoid the Tinbot penalty (which admittedly is an ideal outcome). However, you give up a lot to get it into the link: leaving you more vulnerable to not-Hacking attacks on your Reactive.

It’s cool, but I don’t know when you’d use it in comparison to something like the list I posted. Firewall + Maestro is good enough to destroy anything that isn’t a KHD: and as a rule you shouldn’t fight KHDs with Hackers. As the base for an LI list is probably it?

The Tinbot really needs to bring something else than just a Combi for its price: if it was on the Lt profiles it’d be worth it. Which is the problem with MB: the underlying issues weren’t fixed they just got a band-aid.

Savnock likes this.
  15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yeah that's basically it. Hard to get brigada working. Profiles weren't really touched since that early n3 box release, so that could still be due. Maybe next edition.
    Still might mess around with it just to get to say "-9 wip".

16. inane.imp

-12 vs not-KHD through a repeater

loricus likes this.
  17. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Id argue that if your meta is like mine and 6+ shasvastii show up to every event, its almost mandatory to take the tinbot with her just so she doesn't get sniped herself by kerr-nau.

Savnock likes this.
  18. inane.imp

Onyx you mean?

CA is rare-ish in my meta. And yeah, there's a little playing for first turn there.

Adding an EVO can increase survival a lot of you're willing to burn Command Tokens starting with Kaleidoscope up and on rerolls. Useful for more than just increasing Jazz's survival odds as well.

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    ALGUACIL Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    SALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
    McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 32)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    VERTIGO ZOND Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

You can happily lose McMurder for a Hellcat to maximize the synergies but he's probably better most of the time.

19. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

I find that the KHD Bandit plus Jazz's Maestro makes attacking KHDs plenty nervous, or helps drop them if they do decide to go for it. The odds are still pretty 50/50 against Redrum there but it's better than just tanking it with Jazz vs. a KHD solo without the Tinbot.

If you're going to field two Morans or you know your opponent and good ARO hacking against them is important, that would tip me into going for the Tinbot.

The Tinbot Brigada does get a lot more useful if you're advancing/assaulting with the link. In the link it's still a B4 weapon on a BS16 HI in cover vs. whatever you're picking on, even if it's just DAM13.

#239 Savnock, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Tourniquet likes this.
  20. inane.imp

That's what I normally run.

But if I was having an issue with Onyx, I'd consider a variant of that list (mission dependent) rather than squeezing in a Tinbot.

Guided and good options for killing buried hackers should give them a bad day.

#240 inane.imp, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Savnock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation