1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bright side of Yu Jing: a fully referenced guide

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by jj.konko, May 3, 2018.

1. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

How about HI bikers? Super Aragoto!

2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Or how about... a Mechanical Transmutation Biker! As an S6 TAG!

Is stupid, I knu-

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

So did the Uyghur and other Muslim ethnics join Haqqislam? It's not very clear on that.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think Uighur are the only ethnic group in the fluff mentioned as being discriminated against inside Yu Jing other than Japanese.

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Pretty small mention of them so it's hard to get clearly if they are actually like that.

As mentioned above, I can understand that most of the YJ military is probably a mix of ethnicity. Helps to explain size differences with old and new figs! :face_with_thermometer:

6. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

You can never go wrong with some more Korean units, I find them to be woefully underrepresented

Maksimas and ObviousGray like this.
  7. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I recall Uyghurs being mentioned as valued liaisons in contacts with Haqq, due to cultural / religious similarities.

...on the other hand, there are historical (aka RL) reasons for bad blood between Uyghurs ad China.

8. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Uighur do get some mention, definitely not much, but as I recall in addition to describing that they're 'second class citizens' it also states they have a niche as the main channel for YuJing-Haqqislam relations, which is why there wasnt the same unrest amongst them as among the Japanese.

Mahtamori likes this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Unknown, the Blue Wolves were mentioned in the old Jotum fluff as the opponents, with legendarily fierce battles echoing across the mountains.

IIRC there was a pic of a Blue Wolf TAG from the back in the N1/N2 rulebooks, showing the open cockpit. So it was definitely manned. But it didn't quite look like the Guijia of the time, so I've always assumed that it was a different TAG. My idea has been about like a Manned Uhlan, but with Holo2 instead of Camo. Maybe AP Spitfire and Feuerbach, instead of HMG.

Yes, a Su Jian variant with different gear/abilities would be cool. The challenge is to make it different from a Su Jian without making it massively better than a Su Jian (the old Toni Macayana/Tikbalang problem)

Yes, more Named Characters would be great.

I'd prefer not to make any more ReCreations, though.

10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

A bird transformer thing with AD and super-jump would be great.

11. Maksimas

I was more so thinking something like a motorcycle that can turn into an S6 TAG.
    Like a quadbike of sorts that changes into a quadruped TAG.
    Tossing Impetous upon it would perhaps be an interesting idea too. Maybe. Dunno if that would be stepping on ''this makes it so cheap it's ridiculous'' territory.

Shiwen likes this.
  12. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Even if the Blue Wolves are just a Guijia regiment, and I understand that given Yu Jing is the 'HI faction' CB may not want too many TAGs in the faction, the recent Raicho shows us some interesting design space of taking a TAG with a very basic loadout and adding a profile with a very different unique loadout. A topic for a thread of its own, probably, but I'm sure with some combination of equipment and an extra skill you could get a good representation of Blue Wolves-as-Jotum-fighters and/or Blue Wolves-as-Mongol-cavalry.

13. Maksimas

I'd prefer the Blue Wolves being more akin to light TAGs instead of MBTs.
    We already have a solid MBT in the Guija, after all.

14. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

When you mean MBT on Guijia, you mean Mundane Battle TAG, right? Pun inteded.

15. Maksimas

I was intending to say ''Main Battle TAG'', but yeah, the Guija is a very basic MBT.
    Granted, I don't think that's a bad thing. It might be basic, but it gets the job done adequately enough.

ObviousGray likes this.
  16. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, not every faction can be PanOceania with their wide choice of TAGs. Some factions have to content with just a few models, and there are sectorials that go completely without a TAG (or even a TAG-analog, like the ISS' Su Jian).

But the Blue Wolves... I think I'd rather see them as enhanced mobility light TAG rather than MBT (mundane or not). It'd be more interesting when putting them against the Jotums. jotum is a heavy TAG, but apart from lots of ARM, it doesn't bring much to the table IMO (well okay, I have a pretty newbie PanO player in my meta who doesn't consider a TAG worth fielidng if it is not Jotum or Cutter. I made him a few lists with an Uhlan, wonder if he decides to try them...). Yup, use finesse against Jotum's armored bulk, rather than build a matching heavy unit and just make them trade blow for blow...

Section9, ObviousGray and Maksimas like this.
  17. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I was getting at. Something NOT an 'Iron Mountain' but very different.

Errhile likes this.
  18. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Could we start a mulan now movement!?

I'm not suuuuuper familiar with her folklore. I watched one Chinese movie of her and it was very similar to Joan of arc (competent commander who used was loved by her troops).

DFW Ike likes this.
  19. Ladios Sop

Ladios Sop New Member

Thanks for writing this!

Space Ranger and Maksimas like this.
  20. cbb

cbb Member

Question for you folks. While Yu Jing (or ISS, or some small faction therein) definitely acted pretty nasty during Uprising. I'm genuinely curious about the causes of it. One thing we've also seen from the fluff is how tightly integrated Yu Jing is with ALEPH infrastructure. The Emperor himself takes advice and recommendations from ALEPH, and ALEPH units are integrated into the army.

Is this a sign that ALEPH too is struggling with how to deal with alien influences? Has the war on Paradiso confused ALEPH about how to handle people that aren't aligned to the Human Sphere's best interests? I don't want to push all the blame off on ALEPH, but it could be a sign that the AI is going through a bit of a moral crisis and hasn't yet figured out how to handle itself?

Space Ranger likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation