1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TAGs get Tactical Awarness

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Marduck, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

My bad, I feel guilty for the topic hack. :/

But I think everything was said about the TagAware. It's a TAG-vs-Troops balance, not a TAG-vs-TAG balance. And it appears weird that only smaller ones got price bumped. All around, it makes all TAGs playable, and the best ones will still be used way more than worst ones.
    But I did for sure played my Guijia a couple of time since the buff, it made me take it out for a night or two - so a success for CB. ;)

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

As someone who was gleefully on the other side of that split (a JSA player who didn't want to feel like the most competitive way to play his sectorial was taking 3 of the units in Vanilla), I can say my opinion has turned a bit over time. Maybe it's because all of the armies I've gotten into since have swiftly been retired (Shock Army and Tohaa). It sucks to be on the receiving end of model retirement.

Azuset, csjarrat, Hecaton and 3 others like this.
  3. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I really wish they would approach 'retirement' a bit differently. Like make a big box of all the skus to be not available individually for a faction, make a bunch that can only be direct ordered from CB before resting the faction. And then revist it when they've all been sold. Then they don't feel totally abandoned, and people who still really want them can still get them without clogging up store shelves.

Even just consistently calling the faction 'rested' instead of 'discontinued' might help.

Hecaton, ChoTimberwolf and Alfy like this.
  4. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

This doesn't really ease their manufacturing demands though.

Back on topic: how's everyone finding tags with tac aware. Has it changed what you see in the table?

I'm still fully expecting to see the same tags I normally would and probably not much change to the ones I wouldn't see.

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

You can still play Tohaa and Acon, tho. I can't play my Japanese minis unless I buy more and change faction.

And by the way, people thinking CB really plans on reworking all those retired Sectorial down the lane is seriously naive or wishful thinking.

About TAGs, Alphz's opinión pretty much resumes mine

6. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

TAG conversations lead to the Guija, which lead to Yu Jing, which lead to Uprising, which leads to the Dark Side.

7. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Which then comes back to Guijia and TAGs.

Here (small local meta), we've seen more TAGs to be tried: Guijia, O-Yoroi, etc... I don't how long it will stay like this, but some players definitely liked the experience. We might see a bit more previously unseen TAGs - and definitely see as often as before the "strong" ones.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  8. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

If you reach and stretch a little more, you might have a yoga pose.

#128 chromedog, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  9. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

I'm seeing more from other players around my meta, and I'm starting to take the gecko more in place of the taskmaster when I play vanilla.

The more interesting thing is that AHDs are starting to make a return which is the real fun part (Though this may be more due to them being one of the better toolsd for dealing with dakini teams than anything else).

Benkei likes this.
  10. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Tohaa is currently in a great position when it comes to existing players, as we are a very competitive Faction and the finally have a huge selection of troopers to build our lists (we even got our first WTF is this shitty profile, the Chaksa Longarms!). New players, on the other hand...

I wish Corvus had some "made on demmand" option for buying their old models.

11. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Why though? Shas just recently made a return, and what a return it was, making some people around here move (back) to sectorial, and some other - indulge into throwing fits and drop the game. Either way, old minis are brought out, new ones are being bought.

Stuffist and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Shas had a good hype buildup to them coming back. I think a lot of people like how "weird" they were, and kind of still are.

If they redo Tohaa at some point, I hope they tie it in with the narrative so that it has a good buildup to have hype. As much as I find the rules construction of Tohaa frustrating, their fluff is pretty cool.

Azuset, DukeofEarl and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really think that maybe the cheap TAGs (Geckos, Anaconda, Scarface) should not have gotten a price increase and the top-end TAGs (Cutter, Avatar, Sphinx, etc) should have gotten a price increase.

The price increase have made my Nomad lists a bit tricky, since the Geckos are 4pts more, each.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I think the pricing makes sense - a lot of the expensive TAGs were avoided because the opportunity cost was too high - multiple HI models can frequently do the job of one TAG better. Something like a Gecko or Xeodron is treading the line between light TAG and beefy HI, so was already a lot closer to an existing known-good balance point. Pretty much all of the “cheap” TAGs have access to a fireteam in at least one sectorial, as well, which multiplies the value of Tactical Awareness. Offhand, the only exceptions I can think of are Overdrons, which are unlinkable and got a points increase and the Guijia, which can link but was not increased in price.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I'm not sure HIs are balanced

16. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Iguana and anaconda aren't linkable (except in StarCo) yet they suffered the same fate as Gecko, Xeodron and Scarface. My other issue is the bigger TAGs can do so much more with that one extra order than the smaller TAGs.

Hecaton, oldGregg and theradrussian like this.
  17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Ah yeah, I figured I was forgetting someone.

TLDR; I think TAG pricing isn’t 100% correct, but I still think this was a reasonable way to implement the change.

Andre82 likes this.
  18. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

The cheap TAGs are played because are cheap TAGs, but HI of similar cost will do the same job, or even better. They didn't deserve an increase in point like this. The expensive ones are expensive because are bettee, obviously. Now also are even better for free. Now the cheap ones are not so cheap, and the really good ones are better

oldGregg and Andre82 like this.
  19. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I'm an Australian. Taking the piss is what we do.
    Taking that away from us would be like taking NRA funding away from the US government ...

But I also like to take the piss out of people who over-identify with sportsball teams or gaming factions. Or people who take themselves too seriously.
    Just because you might play them in a game, doesn't make you PART of the faction. Just like "your" team winning doesn't mean you had any part in it.

20. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Isn’t taking the piss the only thing that keeps Oz from rampaging and taking over the world?

Tourniquet likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation