1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PanOceania: State of the Faction, and what's next?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, May 30, 2019.

1. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

It's mostly about SKU (inventory) management. The rules for the Sectorials will remain, but they try to keep the number of active SKUs for each faction roughly the same by axing older/less popular Sectorials.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  2. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

Is there a guess for a time window when Sval will come out? Or are we just talking about the possibility of axing one of our sectorials?

Because I think Varuna is not done just yet with the models it is getting but I can be wtong

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I'm guessing Sval will come out alongside White Banner in a 2 player box for the launch of N4. At some point before that NCA is gonna get french'd

4. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

My guess is NCA. They would probably cut the 6-man starter, bolt box, locust, auxilia, and the Swiss guard blister if that's still in production.

I think MO are going to stick around for awhile, not only are some of their units in Sval but they also bring in a lot of new players.

Ravrohan likes this.
  5. barakiel

@TanakoSkyler22 I think the two previous posts are correct. We don't know exactly when Sval will come, but that's a reasonable timeline.

For VIRD, I think they're pretty much done once Helots drop. There are some individual profiles that don't have sculpts, but it's a fairly complete Sectorial. The only thing that's really missing is the Montessa, and that's an issue that's bigger than VIRD. Did you have something specific in mind that's missing?

Golem2God and Judge Dredd like this.
  6. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah, VIRD is done except for the 3 or 4 more drop troop sculpts the the Echo Bravo. :P

But yeah, cutter resculpt and montessa are basically all that's left to do and neither of those are super pressing. I think Sval and White Banner are going to hit either in 6 months kind of like how icestorm preempted N3 or as part of a big splash for N4. Both are likely.

7. MikeTheScrivener

I don't know if the white banner/Sval will kick off N4. I want to believe. But another PanO sectorial in the span of like 2 years? There's just so many other avenues that the game could explore. Maybe I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. barakiel

True, but it's balanced by the fact that Yu Jing could use another?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. Brother Smoke

Does it really matter how many sectorials a faction has? Plus it's not like they would have "yet another sectorial" since NCA is getting discontinued

10. MikeTheScrivener

Sort of – aside from upsetting players it's just good business to not load up on a single faction. Though, it would be interesting if one of our sectorials didn't make it into N4 to not only make SKU space for new minis but also time spent on rules.

11. herod1204

herod1204 Knight of Santiago

That would stop me playing entirely. Frenching stuff is one thing, literally removing my entire sectorial and making it unplayablr with no rules would be utterly contemptible. I can't for one second imagine they would do that, as it would be very bad for business.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Judge Dredd and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  12. MikeTheScrivener

I mean, I wouldn't really be that upset if NCA blew up and were no longer playable as a sectorial. Of course they would have to restructure Vanilla around this. Though you have to think – something sooner or later has to go the way of the Exrah, to some degree at least. A game can't just grow and grow and be this gigantic bloated beast, it needs to be culled at some point.

Though I don't think we'll be seeing that with N4. I think you're right, at this moment in time it would just be bad for business.

oldGregg likes this.
  13. Brother Smoke

I'd have to agree, I wouldn't be upset enough to stop playing altogether but having my NCA suddenly turn into a bunch of proxies would suck,even if they are the models I play least.

I doubt CB would do that anyway. They learned their lesson from Exrah, at most stuff will get french'd

AdmiralJCJF and Golem2God like this.
  14. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

My bet are on MO to sit on the sidelines. NCA has too much that is useful in Vanilla as you pointed out. Plus don't people play NCA more than MO?

Judge Dredd likes this.
  15. TanakoSkyler22

It's mostly Helots as the main thing and specific profile sculpts. So you would be correct in that.

There is also the support pack but that is generally across all PanO sectorials.

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Golem2God

I don't think so. MO should be the one to be sidelined not NCA.

Judge Dredd and Ayadan like this.
  17. Golem2God

Support Pack plus the Montessa Biker do need to be released sometime in the coming months. The fact of them being in all of the current sectorials is a very good reason for CB to pump them out.

18. Golem2God

@MikeTheScrivener The fact that Bolts are now playable in Foreign Company makes me think that they are not going to be shelved even if NCA does get put on the backburner. It would be a shock if that did actually happen.

19. TanakoSkyler22

It's also dependent on what is 'popular' enough in the faction to keep going. Which my bet is going to MO since Interplanetary showed them to be one of the least popular PanO sectorials.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. TanakoSkyler22

I think they kind of hinted at it being next year with trying to resculpt 'faction essentials' in that time period.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation