1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marksmanship LX and Alpeh

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by TheRedZealot, Nov 29, 2018.

1. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

So with the changes to Marksmanship LX today I think Teucer and the Mk5 become much more interesting choices.

For those unaware: Marksmanship LX now ignores cover in addition to its other bonuses.
    Edit: And is an entire order skill as Revanchist pointed out.

So in good range bands teucer is rolling a 4-24 hit. (3-23 for the Mk5).

This works out to about a 50% increase in effectiveness vs. TR bots. (~40% to win the fight to ~60%)

Anyone else going to try out these units more now? Any thoughts on where to use them most effectively? Does Atalanta get left in the dust due to these changes?

#1 TheRedZealot, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

In vanilla you can coordinate them too. Unless they dodge that's one autohit with either K1, DA+AP Dam 14, or Dam 15(assuming ranges). Not a bad situation if a bit niche.

Also note that it ignores Cover for ARM rolls too.

3. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Well-Known Member

I think it provides some more utility, which is good. It's worth noting tuat it's now (again) an Entire Order Skill, instead of an Automatic Skill. So positioning will be more important.

I might actually try the Mk5 M12 now, since it does something a little different, and hits pretty hard at a good range band. I don't think it will be better than the FO, but there's at least some incentive now.

Tuecer has been pretty good, and this looks to be a fun change for him.

4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well you still have a problem it's a long skill, so you have at least once give your opponent a upper hand (obviously it's irrelevant for Lunah).

Abrilete likes this.
  5. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Assuming you're going first you may be able to work around this by holding back your Marksmanship X model as your reserve model? If your opponent has a habit of deploying ARO pieces too open?

Upon further consideration Teucer could do well using smoke for cover as well. Though It would be more order intensive. I could see this being useful against a link where SS2 negates the smoke penalty.

DukeofEarl and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation