1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time taking US Ariadna for a spin. Could use some pointers.

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Jason839, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Going to be running my US Ariadna for the first time Thursday. They have been sitting on a shelf collecting dust ever since I got them, so I am excited to be taking them for a spin. I'm pretty much using all the models I own, and I would love advice on improving the list and things to watch for.

Beginner US Ariadna
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    MINUTEMAN AP HMG / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 34)
    MINUTEMAN Missile Launcher, Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 29)
    MINUTEMAN (Forward Observer) Rifle, 2 Light Flamethrowers / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    MINUTEMAN (Forward Observer) Rifle, 2 Light Flamethrowers / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    MINUTEMAN Boarding Shotgun, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 24)
    MARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
    GRUNT Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    GRUNT (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    GRUNT Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    AIRBORNE RANGER (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 21)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3
    DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)
    FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    MAVERICK Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    DESPERADO Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / 2 Heavy Pistols, CC Weapon. (0 | 18)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I would definitely drop the BSG on the desperado. Any of the other profiles has major advantages for less points
    2 Assault Pistols: Burst 5
    SMG: Suppressive fire
    Basic: Cheap as chips
    The BSG is just a tad overcosted IMO

I would also drop it from the Maverick. The FO or LRL profiles will give you some extra mobile options while also rounding out your SWC

RasPuto and barakiel like this.
  3. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

You have some order inefficiencies in this list. The devil dog in group two isn't going to have the orders to rambo up the field if he can only take three orders, four counting impetuous.
    Also, my US has been on the shelf for awhile but unless they reworked the fireteam rules and I completely missed it those three Grunts are going to be pretty lonely hiding in the backfield without team bonuses. Infilitrators may be a better use for these guys instead. If they fail, at least you have cheap DZ guardians/order providers.
    As far as loadouts go that's a terrifying defensive link but I'd sneak the LT in as a minuteman and try to add the MM with shotgun and grenades to spec fire on anyone who may be trying to sneak up on your link from outside of LOF.
    Personally, I've never had much success with the BSG desperado. I'd recommend the two assault pistol profile instead. The high burst option coupled with sixth sense and the chain rifle allow you to force your opponent into unfavorable face to face decisions.
    Working with just the models above I played around with some different loadouts and came up with something like this you may have a little more success with:
    USAriadna Ranger Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]2
    MINUTEMAN AP HMG / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 34)
    MINUTEMAN Boarding Shotgun, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 24)
    MINUTEMAN Lieutenant Rifle, 2 Light Flamethrowers / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 22)
    MINUTEMAN Missile Launcher, Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 29)
    AIRBORNE RANGER (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 21)
    FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)
    MAVERICK Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
    GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
    MARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    DESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Assault Pistols, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

so obvious caveat of mileage varying depending on the mission and meta this allows you to keep your LT safe in the scary defensive link. Hopefully a couple of your grunts land in the enemies table half and pin down their deployment zones well, don't expect them to live long that's not what they're for. If you deploy first use them to shrink your opponents DZ. Put them in cover on a corner where if they were to place models they would face a heavy flamethrower on ARO. Between your MM link and these guys you can really dictate your opponents deployment. If you're going second just drop them near something juicy and profit.
    Save the ranger for late game objective grabbing heroics or when he can come down in someones rear arc those rangers are somewhat squishy so keep him protected.
    With the dog in group one now along with the maverick you have plenty of orders and smoke to get him wherever he needs to get to have a snack.
    Finally, the lone marauder is a solid ARO piece. Keep him as your reserve piece and enjoy leveraging his FD 2 to get to an unexpected crows nest. between the MSV and dogged he'll be able to leverage some decent F2F rolls and also stick around a little longer than a grunt might.
    I hope this helps a bit. Good luck with the mighty US of Ariadna!

barakiel and Golem2God like this.
  4. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the advice guys. I’ll go with what you suggest and let you know.

5. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

In my experience of USAriadna vs TAK, USAriadna doesn't get quite as brutal of gunfighters purely in a 1v1 sense, nor does it have the sneaky tricks to smash teeth out in ambush maneuvers. But board control is a massive asset for USAriadna, our best units can make your enemies wade through sections (wade being the best term) without taking an ARO from a well armored sniper, a well placed flamethrower, or something difficult to shift like a blackjack. Freedom loves to specialize in Infinity, but that's part of the reason why the competitive types salivate over grunts. Sniper grunts in a core hold so much ground for such a good price your opponent will weep. The heavy flamethrower grunts can make sections of the board a costly prospect to shift depending on terrain. They rarely fail to make up their points if they drag down just 1 target in ARO. The trend here is that USAriadna has a lot that can do a damn good job for their price. US isn't the flashiest rule wise, but man do they get some sweet units for a bargain bin price when they're doing their job.

So your head is in the right place, you got your ground holders and you got your relatively efficient strikers and button pushers. If the more competitive guys get in here they're gonna rip your use of minutemen to shreds. I run them as well (Some of my favorite minis) but don't get too discouraged, just know what you're going to use them for. If it's active turn offensive maneuvers then the HMG and boarding shotty are gonna be your friend. I partially like the boarding shotty as she's cheap and grenades in a 5 man core can really be a pain for your opponent when stuff they love is on fire. If you want them to be another brick in the territory control wall then you go more with missile launchers and xvisor loadouts. Minutemen are already considered pricey so trying to make them do everything and you might find yourself disappointed.

You're on the right track, board control and more humble but relatively efficient strikers moving under the cover of smoke. Claim territory for the red white and blue and make sure your opponent pays the freedom tax for every inch.

Randomcallsign and Deltervees like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation