1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CrazyKoalas in N4 > Yojimbo, Minelayer for Hire

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Thomashkis, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Happens with mines as well and has been in the game a few years now, if not decades a decade, but yes it's one of those things that makes playing sportsmanlike difficult at times. Especially when your opponent tries to be clever with placing a mine so you can't enter a doorway

#41 Mahtamori, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  2. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Yup; it's why you should be very, very careful about placing any deployable within dodge distance of an enemy soldier; one normal roll and your equipment goes poof.

It's also a good thing to keep in mind if someone tries to deploy a crazy koala in the middle of your fireteam, or to block a doorway that you're guarding. Kinda feels bad to do, but on the other hand it doesn't make a ton of sense that you can't use your ARO to BS attack the koala either, so it all kinda washes out.

wuji likes this.
  3. Hannibaliafun

Hannibaliafun Active Member

Don't both the dodge movement and the Deployment both get resolved in the resolution step? So, the active player would resolve the placement first then the reactive player would resolve his dodge movement. So, dodging over the mine is not a legal position because the deployable was already in position. I thought the changes around the resolution step fixed some of that. Just moving over the top could still be a problem but is dodge movement an issue?

4. Mahtamori

Dodge resolves in the Resolution step, deployables resolve in the Conclusion step which is after Resolution and after Effects, while concurrent with Guts Rolls

5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

:thinking_face:

meikyoushisui likes this.
  6. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I don't remember this being a thing though

Granted it's been almost like 4 years since I last played

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

My point was simply that I don’t think Infinity has been around for 20+ years, unless my memory is worse than I thought.

meikyoushisui and wuji like this.
  8. Mahtamori

Yeah, should be singular form on that word :p

toadchild likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation