1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Background material about Huangdi/Svalarheima

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by smog, Mar 3, 2019.

1. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hi there.

I’m planning a narrative event for my local group. A sort of two team league where players are assigned to either team YJ or team PanO, but where every faction also has their own motives and objectives in the league that not necessarily aligns with the goal of the team-leading faction.

The reasoning behind this is to have more of a “team building” event where more veteran players can coach the less experienced players on list building and how to go about to solve the different missions.

In that light, I need some background material and preferably a map over Huangdi/Svalarheima to put the league into perspective.

Where can I find this?

Thanks a lot!

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@smog The first thing that comes to mind is the Core Infinity RPG book. It goes over a good amount of information of the Infinity universe including the planets. So I would track down one or borrow it if you can.

stevenart74, daszul and smog like this.
  3. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

@smog. . .

Are You searching for some specific Material about the "Contested Borderlands" between the Yujing Held territories on Planet Svarhalheima, especially nearby significant Targets of their Pan-Oceanian Neighbours. . .??

The suggestions of @Golem2God are the best bets about as the section on the "Frozen Hellhole" on the R.P.G. Basic Manual are the most large and well detailed; otherwise there are, scattered around various differents Wargame Manuals and Versions, JUST snippets linked to the Background Fluff of the Nisses, Jotums and Guyilangs. . .

There was also some past discussions about a "Borderlands Temple Fortress" of the Knight Hospitaliers with a fierce rivalry with a neighbouring Shaolin Temple specialized in Arctic Warfare, but I fear that MOST of it was JUST Fanmade Ruminations created on a few strings of words written by C.B. Staff (such as the mention of a Combined Army Assault on the Shaolins that NEVER happened in Official Canon !!). . .

. . . . .

There is ALSO the excellent Outrage Manga, where the centermost Action Scene (that MOST represent a TYPICAL Wargame Scenario !!!) take places in a Abandoned Factory-City on the "Wasteland Fringes" between the Territories held by Yujing and Pan-O. . .

There is the mention on "Disaffected Miner-Colonists going Native" that are AGAINSTS both of the rival hyperpowers; these are duped by Druzes to become "Local Assetts" for their Smuggling Ring in exchange for weapons about their "Upcoming Freedom Fight". . .

. . . . .

Before deciding to settle on Planet Dawn for My R.P.G. Campaign, I fancied creating something for a Game centered on the contested borderland; maybe I could manage to fish something useful for You, if I manage to find the Old Folders. . . . .!!!

Golem2God and smog like this.
  4. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thanks, material about a contested borderland between YJ and PanO is exactly the kind of thing I’m looking for!

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I bet that would be extremely helpful in giving @smog some ideas.

smog and stevenart74 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation