1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aleph and balance in Campaign Rules

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by DukeofEarl, Mar 2, 2019.

?

Should I play for the bonus or hold back and play nice

1. Crush them!

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Crush them, but not like that.

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I'm running a campaign following the updated Dire Foes missions in Uprising for my local group and chose OperationS and now I might be feeling a little bad about it. The Support Force Level 4 upgrade alone is brutal. A full Dakini link with 2 STR each unit, Rudra turning into a light TAG, Kiranbots, GARUDA, 2 STR on the linkable Samekh!!!! This can't be balanced can it? Especially as no one is playing CA so my Cube2.0s are all safe.

Wolf likes this.
  2. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Just call out the imbalance, and discuss how to fix it within the group. Winning because rules are skewed isn’t worthwhile.

daszul, DukeofEarl, moyamoya and 2 others like this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Probably worth seeing if any of your opponents feel that their own bonuses will be equally powerful.

If everyone feels good about the situation, it'll be a fun and innovative way to play the game differently. Campaigns can be really fun for that.

But if your opponents aren't feeling good about all those +1 STR troops, discuss how to fix it. Maybe limiting it to certain units, units over a certain cost, etc will make more sense.

4. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I wonder how much things will change if Deadalus does have updated campaign rules.

Given that we are just playing 7 rounds getting the 30xp is a heavy expense. The lead up bonuses are not really super useful (1 AVA to different troops) for OperationS. So I'm planning on taking other paths right now.

5. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I touched Paradiso, but I remember +1 AVA to Posthumans being pretty awesome.

I also remember +1 STR being very good, and that was before Rudra and Dakini Fireteams. I think your first step is definitely to talk to the group about it, first. You can then just operate off that discussion.

Online communities like this are a great resource, but for something so meta-specific, and even group-specific in this case, that's where you'd really need to go.

xagroth and DukeofEarl like this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Because ppl would assume it lets them deploy an extra Posthuman, while in truth increases the AVA of a single body (RAW & Hellois confirmed). Nevertheless, for me it was great to be able to deploy 2 mk4 HRL at once... AKA heavy turrets! Sure, they can't fire at the same time, but I would cover much more ground, and the least fired upon can shoot while the most one can just dodge.

It seems like the new book will have new Campaign mode. We'll see if it's more balanced.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation