1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding trees...

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by DAE, Feb 8, 2018.

1. DAE

DAE Member

I'm looking at adding some trees to my table. Would a CD sized base to considered too large?

I plan on adding a few just too help break up LOS without having lots of scatter terrain.

Thanks

2. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

Not really. My rule of thumb is if I want non-standard blocking terrain is to stick to a length and width roughly the size of one of the paper buildings that CB makes and test it out before I decide to scale. A CD easily fits in those and, if I'm not mistaken, is the same size as a smoke template.

3. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

There are 2 ways to use tree's.

1- single pieces of blocking terrain.

2- a zone with a defined edge and height.

I prefer the second. It lets you leverage the terrain skills, which add an extra layer to the game. Having them add saturation zone makes some attacks interesting. Single trees tend to move, and since it's not a simple shape LOS argument's can happen. If using a zone I suggest you keep a piece of paper or cardboard the height of the zone around to use as a LOS blocker.

I also recommend using the reflective trait on the forest/jungle. Otherwise MSV is too strong if you are using a lot of forest/jungle zones.

4. toaster

toaster Modelling Madman

Another good house rule for tree zones is that they can be seen into (low viz and saturation) but not through (too many trees, too much undergrowth). Gives MSV a use but doesn't allow it to rule.

Robert

Durian Khaar likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation