1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to see in a new CA sectorial?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by timmy, May 30, 2018.

1. timmy

timmy Active Member

What would any of you like to see or expect to see in the next CA sectorial after Shasvastii?

2. unclesrouce

unclesrouce Well-Known Member

My vote goes for Sygmaa!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Cothel likes this.
  3. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Sygmaa plz.

Cothel and unclesrouce like this.
  4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I want a sectorial that includes all the EI aspect models (Avatar, Charontid, Anathematic, Skiavoros). I've been really frustrated with Onyx because it's so close to what I wanted it to be while still completely missing the mark.

Yog.0, TheEmptyRoad, Cabaray and 8 others like this.
  5. deathklockk

deathklockk Strange, but not a stranger.

All worms, all the time.

Yog.0 and unclesrouce like this.
  6. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ur.

xagroth likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I go with @toadchild and @gamma ray in that I want a sectorial with the Aspects... and that should be, for what we actually know, the Ur-Sectorial (pun not intended... but amusing nevertheless XD).

Sygmaa are simply too few and not yet integrated on the CA's structure... and they can be easily be represented with Tohaa forces.

8. Wulverdron

Wulverdron Well-Known Member

Ur all day, because we all want to run aspects in a sectorial.

However I don't know how you would go about that in an interesting way, because currently its just Onyx, with the Morat and Shavastii removed and replaced with the aspect models. And an Avatar (or Anathematic) backed up by a full Unidron core sounds terrifying. Maybe with some weird fireteam rule like Enomotarchos, to limit the power? I don't know.

Other issues are that no current aspect-ish models have smoke, so its exactly like Onyx in that regard.

If we go super weird, I'd like to see a sepsistorized sectorial, filled with random human profiles from other factions, and led by aspects. Our very own little NA2 oddball sectorial.

Yog.0, TheEmptyRoad and m2cat like this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well, Ur would have only "Ur-like" troops... so Aspects, Dr Worm (lest be lose the good customs XD) and the Wormettes, Unidrones, S3 remotes, Ikadrones, Imetrones, and possibly Xeo/Overdrones and Umbras. New troops would be needed all across the board, but I think we can look to Vedic to have some sort of comparison.

Personally, about gear, I think Ur would go heavy on ODD/Camo levels instead of smoke, and some "mixed" fireteams that have some examples on ISS and the Yandun... For example, a Charontid with 2 or 4 Unidrons (it would also look impressive)!!

10. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I really don't want a sectorial that's mostly just sepsitorized humans, especially not if they're just profiles from other factions. I want to play the aliens.

Ginrei likes this.
  11. Obeisance

Obeisance Well-Known Member

Sygmaa!

I also play Tohas.

Cothel and unclesrouce like this.
  12. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

More spoiled artichokes.

Every CA sectorial should have a EI Lt option rather than a EI sectorial.

Also I'd ike to see some sepsitorized Aleph units or just a unit....in a Sygmaa sectorial.

13. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

Exrah insectorial.

I still believe that smart resculpting would have solved both the 'hard on the molds' and 'don't sell well' reasons for removing the Exrah from the game. A more lithe, segmented and less spikey look would go over well, i imagine. Caskuda and Vector could have done with a nerf, rather than total annihilation. But I'll stop beating this long dead horse.

Ur sectorial would be interesting. The move towards mixed links would help mitigate how prohibitively expensive the Aspects are. But I wouldn't want anything bigger than a Skiavoros mixing in to Unidrons. A budget aspect and infiltratordrons would be cool to see.

I'd also like Sygmaa but that's a lot of work. Maybe with a few units and a link option they could be squeezed into a thematic Onyx force, skipping the need for a whole sectorial.

WiT?, Reece, stevenart74 and 3 others like this.
  14. unclesrouce

unclesrouce Well-Known Member

That why a sectorial would be cool in CA - the models are ready - we just need some CA profiles.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

TheEmptyRoad and xagroth like this.
  15. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@Plex I'd love to see the Exrah Commissariat get a sectorial as well as the Exrah Concordat remnants, who could get an NA2 sectorial with Exrah units, Yuan Yuans, and so on.

Plex likes this.
  16. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I can't help thinking an Aspect sectorial would have some funky fireteam comps, with weird restrictions preventing certain combinations.

17. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

An NA2 alien rogue's gallery of mercs with a heavy exrah influence would be solid gold.

TheEmptyRoad, xagroth and Hecaton like this.
  18. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy with the options currently available for CA. Putting the Aspects into a sectorial just removes a big part of playing vanilla so I'd be reluctant to see that happen.

If I had to choose something, I'd like a different take on Morats.
    New troopers and put the Morat rule to use from the start. LTs that really push the envelope in being the spearhead of our attack. I want the LT in danger of dying at all times. Basically force us to use that Lt order because not doing so is just silly. Maybe something to set them apart like a LT with TO or AD deployment putting us in LoL from the start... but so good/expensive you can't leave it off the table for long. Even a rule forcing us to deploy turn 2 if leaving the LT off table all game is too powerful.

Yup, I could handle more Morat hotness.

19. m2cat

m2cat Active Member

Nice point.
    My bet is on Morat Rebellion. Apes' Elites with mercenary scum (Druze, Ninja, Yuan-Yuan)

20. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

If CB has Morats pull an Uprising I'm leaving the game.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation