1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The oznat Gaki preta situation

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Monster, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Monster

Monster Well-Known Member

So what is the ruling on this there is no way to make them regular anymore ? Is this intended ? if yes Why ?

Most Morat players own this unit, I see how it’s smart making them useless as a link to peddle other models, but don’t be cruel.

I know morats got other stuff , but at this point why make the oznat link a link option add all. If you don’t know how to fix this because you are coked out from to much tapas here is an idea.

make the unit a peripheral (control) With the oznat as controller having a regular and a tax awareness order sure it wouldn’t be the same and you would lose some order but it would be a lot cleaner game wise

2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

There is no way to make them regular any more.

The link lets you move them up the board very order-efficiently before you split them and attack, which is ok but not amazing. It's fair to say that it isn't the battery that it used to be, but maybe that's ok. Something like the antipode controller would definately have been sweet to have, but alas. Maybe they'll change in future, but even unlinked gakis and pretas are still excellent and come strongly recommended in MAF.

toadchild, Stiopa and inane.imp like this.
  3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

The Oznat w/ sync preta might me a trial balloon for that.

4. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

It need to be a Sync squad like the Uberfallkommando, and the Oznat herself need some help. Look at an Oznat, look at the Daturazi then look at the Oznat again, it's a little embarassing at best.

5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

There are a couple different ways they could take it, and I’m hopeful they revisit it at some point in N4.

6. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

It needs to be revised.

While I get the point of the irregular thing so the link doesn't become a simple order battery, the fact it eats up 5 of your 15 slots and most of those are irregular orders can be a problem. I really hope hungries get turned into some sort of ubberfallkommando-like unit. It would make them quite more interesting and usable than right now.

Of course, solo hungries are somewhat more usable now too. Which is okay, I think

7. Smooth Criminal

Regular hungry link should just come back, using up your core link for that is a big price already. Morats were at the bottom of power tiers even when it existed. In fact hungries just being regular without link wouldn't be too strong, kuang shi exist and aren't breaking the meta.

8. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

She's a shite Datz with a smoke grenade launcher instead of only grenade access. Definitely needs a revamp - I'm so keen on the idea of a Chimera pack style rework for her

The order battery has always been one of the worst feeling things in the game for me. I don't want snarling monsters cheering from the back line. That stretches disbelief even by the standards of the order system in Infinity. Feel similarly on regular hell monsters, not that regular Kuang Shi are much better they are at least human

Devil_Tiger and toadchild like this.
  9. Wonderman1st

Wonderman1st Member

We just need to relax and just ask the manufacturer to make morat boxes cheaper than the other and write on the boxes - C-Tier Army:)))) just kidding
    If serious - Morats need total rework. The tactical window rule and irregular guys for 4 points - are just non suitable:)))

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation