1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bright side of Yu Jing: a fully referenced guide

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by jj.konko, May 3, 2018.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

That's a good question and logic I don't think CB thought of. Unless Aleph has been given instructions to always be hands off. Not the same as the Asimov rules. Aleph must let humans fight each other. It could have known it it was going to happen and did nothing to stop the uprising because it's not supposed to be involved in that sort of thing.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While the whole thing is full of logical holes, I think you shouldn't discount the relative competence of the Hexahedron.

Additionally, I might be reading too much into that NCA is the only human sectorial that's getting access to the new Shasvastii mercenary. I'm just saying but they're getting access to a Shasvastii...

Shiwen and Space Ranger like this.
  3. cbb

cbb Member

I'd like to think that the Shasvastii are seeing an opportunity to break out from under the thumb of the EI, and want Humanity to help them... but I may be thinking too deep into double- and triple-cross territory.

I really hope that Haqq and Ariadna aren't the 'good guys' of the story a'la the Hyperion Cantos, but that does seem to be the implication.

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think it would be hard for any of the combined to rebel since any of them can be taken over through their cube. The EI sees all, knows all. The new Shasvastii character has a Cube as well.

It's because they don't have cubes. It's just a matter of time the Combined just Sepsitor bomb planets to take everyone over.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Shas merc who apparently single-handedly set up the entire uprising.

So expect the same in PanO.

Also, any game where that Shas appears, if you make it Really Dead (cube fried, dead on the table), you win a moral victory regardless of other victory conditions.

Shiwen, Space Ranger and cbb like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation