1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oberon vs Boomerang

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Zewrath, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Making a seperate thread about this question, as it kindda got lost in another thread:

Hi, @-V- I have some questions, regarding Legendary Bahadurs.

1. If Oberon Silences Koorie Queen's Bounce, does it make her unable to perform Bounce via the Boomerang ability? The Bounce is Silenced but does it apply the Switches of the Boomerang?

2. Speaking of Koorie Queen and her Boomerang, is she able to perform Bounce if the Target was fragged? If I remember correctly, Valkyrie is not able to displace herself if she kills her Target, as there's no valid target to displace towards, is this the same logic with Koorie Queen's Boomerang?

Kind regards!

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

1. Silenced: '... the Target cannot perform or apply the Effects of the chosen Action or Automatic Skill'.
    I can't see any wriggle room there, Bounce simply does nothing, no matter how it's being activated.

2. As with Valkyrie, there needs to be a remaining Target to have something in range of that Target.

Zewrath likes this.
  3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@ijw

Happy to see that I reached the same conclusion in the game then. The main doubt was more if Bounce was part of the Boomerang skill, which wasn't Silenced but that sounded like a stretch. Still, we wanted to ask the question just in case. :)

Thank you for the answers!

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

That would require Bounce to be listed completely inside Boomerang, instead of just referring to Bounce.

5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

This is correct.

Edited: I meant point 1. I've noted down about point 2 to get FAQed (I think this sounds dreadfully).

Boomerang Switch Effects let you perform Bounce with no Action Points cost - etc. But, if Koorie has Bounce Silenced, she won't be able any way.

#5 -V-, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Could you explain what you mean by this? Sorry, it's not really clear to me. :)

7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We have to discuss about point 2 before to give a final answer. It's a good question to be in the next FAQ.

der_narr and Zewrath like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation