1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New CA player looking for help

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by JuiJitsu_Chicken, Nov 7, 2019.

1. JuiJitsu_Chicken

JuiJitsu_Chicken New Member

Hello all!

After a long absence I've finally found my way back to Infinity. Played a little after Operation Ice Storm with PanO, but, really wanted to play CA.

I've just picked myself up the CA Starter Pack - 3 Unidrions, 1 Maakrep, 1 Fraacta and an Umbra Legate.

To start will be just playing with that, till I get back into the swing of things.

I was wondering what are some safe purchases going ahead to expand on the box.

Also...which set of rules is the most up to date. The N3 or the N3 Human Sphere.

Thanks in advance for any replies and help!

2. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

if you're thinking of going Onyx, my suggestion would be

box of drones (REMs) (in perfect world you'll need 2 boxes)
    2x ikadron+imetron blister
    SWC unidron box
    nexus blister
    kerr-nau blister
    noctifier blister
    med-tech obsidon or aka dr worm

official ITS rules allow proxying (using different model as other model), so don't be afraid to experiment and don't get too focused on building a WYSIWYG army.

you can add Sphinx to the list above, it's a fantastic piece that fits perfectly into the roster

3. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

If you are not intending to get into a specific sectorial, I have to say:

Get an aspect.
    Either the Charontid or the Anathematics are good to start, Charontid is probably the easiest one. You can go:

Support Pack (Med-Tech and nurse worms);
    2x Ikadron+Imetron blister;
    Your choice of aspect.

Aspects are fundamental to play Vanilla CA because of the mnemonica rule. They are not as necessary today now that we have the amazing Caliban CoC, but they're still a key part of combined army, so I strongly suggest you invest in one (Or just get all four of them eventually)

Bohrdog likes this.
  4. JuiJitsu_Chicken

JuiJitsu_Chicken New Member

Thank you for the replies!
    Very helpful. Not sure where I want to start for Sectorial, although the Onyx has some great looking sculpts in it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation