1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

2. stevenart74

Reserved for Update Game Infos. . .

3. stevenart74

4. stevenart74

5. stevenart74

6. stevenart74

1°) The "Black Sails"; Admiral Vessel of the Minotaurs Fleet; a couple of Ariadnan Navy interceptor freighter joined by a Nomads-made "Aircarrier Pontoon" of Orbital Teseum Alloys; further reinforced by Haqqislamite Naval Technology, in particular Hydromagnetic Caterpillar Drives that propel that "Hybrid Catamaran" at previously unseen knots-speed on the Seas of Planet Dawn; is the Support Vessel for extended missions outside the Range of the Ariadnan Nations. . .

2°) Main Holding Bay of the "Black Sails"; extensive retrofitting for the abandoned Mine Shafts. . .

3°) Main Harbour; once the H.Q. of the failed Mining Company now houses the Central Hub of the Minotaurs Comms, with the Quantronic Relay Station, the "Main Orbit Radome" and also the highest Minaret for theHaqqislamite Faithfuls. . .

4°) Teseum Smeltery; the reduced intake of the Off-Worlder technical capacities have delivered various portions of the once "Atek Industrial Kombinat" to other purposes; the once basic Workers Cafeteria (with a stunning sight on the open sea) is a preferred spot. . .

5°) Secondary Radome and Old Lighthouse. . .

6°) Various exits from "The Maze" that honeycombs the Underground Levels. . .

7°) "Big Flag"; a vanity concession, the industrial unused "Radio Tower" of the ol mining company has been retrofitted to hold an ENORMOUS Minotaurs Banner; Teseum reifnorcements make it stand proud even on the direst Ariadnan Seastorms. . .

8°) Main Biodome; marvelous excellence of Haqqislamite Biotech. . .

9°) "Mt. St, Michèl D'Ariadne"; strictly Civilian Village where a lot of Families resides and the Mercenary could unwind a little; the small Odalisque Academy of Mistress Jasmine lies there (and also make "Unofficial Bouncer Service"). . .

10°) Underground Airport; a lot of Minotaurs VTOLS are housed inside; Orbital Shuttles of Nomads built could depart from there and reach the Stratosphere of Planet Dawn. . .

11°) Submarine Bay; main hold of the Haqqislamite "Stealth Cargo Undersea Vessel" is also the "Lair" of the Nomads Ceta-Cyborg "Free Willy" (Uplifted Orca) and its adoring small school of "Free Varunan Helots" (led by the Cybernetically enhanced "Alpha" called "Father Dagon"). . .

12°) "Minotaur Beach"; the BEST sun-tan and beach spot of the Island, wrecked hulls of defeated enemy vehicles are piled and welded to form a mocking Statue of a Minotaur, shadowing some cool, quaint Beach Bars built on the rocks. . .

13°) Haqqislamite Biodomes; main research labs and where Hashashin Bahrams could relax and take away their Masks. . .

14°) The Old Airport; once used by the failed compan is now the "Lair" of the Kum-Desperado Bikers of the Minotaurs; also holds the Kennels of Antipodes and Pupniks, along with many Wulvers and Chimeras as "Handlers". . .

15°) Various Strategical "D.E.W." (Distant Early Warning) Mini-Garrisons, with a small armoury, a fortified bunker, a Radome Tower and some diversified Anti-Air Emplacements; some of these are instead dedicated to "Anti-Orbital Artillery". . .

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

I hope it was alright to already post, since your posts were from a few hours ago, I assumed you had already done all the prep work you'd want to make.

I left an "opening" for someone to join the conversation to whomever wants to take it and is present on the ship (just maybe check before you post that nobody else already took it ;-P) or for Stevenart to use a NPC to deliver some additional information. Maybe whomever decides to take it would do best to make a quick note here in the style of "I'll be the one that Miyu talked to in the Hangar" before posting, so the others will know about it :-)

I hope my first post is alright, if anything is wrong or you want things changed n stuff, just let me know :-)

Please Note: I went for a "outside" perspective of writing about my character and Geist here as it makes it easier for me to write conversations "with myself", if you (stevenart) and/or the others prefer a first person perspective I shall be using that from here on out, I'll leave it up to you.

Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  8. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Yeah, I suppose we figured the color coding was Red for Real Speak and Orange for AR Speak. But it can be fixed. I'll change mine to shades of pink

9. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I actually prefer colours for types of communication rather than characters.

Rarely should multiple characters be interacting within the same post. Whereas a single character using multiple different mediums in the same post will be routine.

These set ups are an exception because we're taking liberties with NPCs to hurry along the action.

10. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Sounds fine to me, I just assumed everyone using its own colour would make things nicer to look at, but using different colours to represent different types of communication is perfectly fine for me as well. Any suggestions on what to use for what?

@stevenart74 I reckon that the "useful conversations" on board of the Nomad ship might not last much longer unless Danger Rose or someone else starts a serious conversation, so at some point it'll be helpful if you announce that the ship is/has landed and what awaits us at the ground level as the hangar doors open and such...Though we should obviously wait at least until everyone had a chance to post :-)

Also at some point sooner or later I'll need to know what kind of loadout n stuff my TAG ended up with (since you said you'd balance things with each other) cause I assume once we landed Miyu might "have" to get into the TAG, at which point I'll want to describe it a bit more in detail :-) No need for rules or anything like that yet, but at least the basic features would be nice to have "set". Also if you could tell me what kind of weapon Miyu and her TAG ended up with, that'd help me a bit as well, as for now I can only refer to them as "her weapons" :-P No stress though, I can still manage a few posts without these infos if need be.

11. stevenart74

I'm JUST awaiting for @oldGregg to chime in, as His Character (along with a personalized Kum Bike and its Haqqislamite Military Drone "riding sidecar") will be the other present in the Nomads Ship, awaiting to load the Gear in th Cargo Bay to the Orbital Shuttle that will bring You all toward New Knossos Island. . .

Assume that Your "Onigokko" Personal Custom Exoskeleton have EVEN MORE Armour that "Vanilla Guijia" and the "Holo-Echo Distraction Cloud" (a sort of "Black-Flame Smoking Darkness" very Onimusha !!); some sort of "Speed Bost" (either specialized Hydraulic Actuators in the Legs or EVEN Jet-Pack Afterburner "Rocket Boosters" if I manage to BALANCE it all) that could enhance BOTH vertical running assaults and PERHAPS even "Death-From-Above" Attack Jumps. . .

Main weapon will be an Heavy-T.A.G. sized Halberd-Polearm shaped like a Traditional Naginata (100% Pure Teseum, hard and inflexible, but rigid in counter-shock, or more pliable Alloys that could be less unwieldy); as for secondary weapons I'm thinking of Light Grenade Launchers installed in the Forearm Vambraces (useful for Throwing Smoke Bombs, support chemicals or attack stuff !!) and MAYBE some sort of Mini-Rocket / Micromissile Pods in the Shoulder Pauldrons that could be more effective as "Chaff Flare" rather than in offensive as the WORST foe that Your style could be countered with is some sort of Anti-Tank Missile that have Sensors advanced enough to ignore Your "Demonic Haze" and track You even if running at full speed. . .!!

12. inane.imp

I'm in the process of hurrying us out of the Cargo Bay. I assume we'll run into old Greg sooner rather than later.

13. stevenart74

Yep, and if He is not ready to interact will "G.M. Fiat" write it as a "Silent Brooding Uncommunicative Type" that will seem interested ONLY in speedily loading His stuff. . .

Maybe I will write also some funny interactions with HIS drone (one of the motives that I proposed "A Companion for ALL Players"; sometimes an "Autopilot N.P.C. Sidekick" could solve a lot of lags in Roleplaying Lulls). . .

14. inane.imp

Hmmm.... I didn't realise playing a world weary misanthrope was this much fun.

Danger Rose likes this.
  15. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

@stevenart74 let me know if I have to roll for the Zondcat's damage (or Dreanna's for that matter).

16. stevenart74

No Damage at all; Dreanna is an agile Feline Chimera, those jumps are trivial for Her; the "Robo Sidekick" too, also being an "Hybrid Mecha" between a Zondbot and a "Cyber Cat" could also be far more agile than normal. . .

Also maybe You commissioned some mad techie from Bakunin to try to (Cheaply, but Reliably) somehow "Reverse-Engineer & Copy" the Su-Jian "Transformer" and have ALSO YOU an Humanoid Frame that becomes an Agile Quadraped. . .

It depends all if You like more a Sturdy Tinbot or a more agile, if fragile, "Hunter / Stalker Mini-Mech". . . . .!!!

Danger Rose likes this.
  17. inane.imp

Tinbot with Combat Jump Pack and LFT is quite scary enough.

Re: the ship and my misunderstanding.

Nah I'll just change it to that standing unsuited in a cargo hold that's about to have all it's contents crossloaded to another ship is dull. Still works.

I assume all the gear for Knossos is containerised? I'll just reseal the container as part of my, exiting the cargo hold post. I also assume that the container is transferred in vacuum?

18. stevenart74

Nope, the "Rough Rocinante" is big enough that Pressurized Cargo Bays have the possibility of being entered by a Standardized Orbital Shuttle, where the Containers and Crates could be safely loaded without hassles. . .

Imagine the "Sulaco" the Ship of the Colonial Marines of the second "Aliens" Movie Franchise, just with bigger "Void Bulkhead Doors" for slightly bigger Orbital Dropships. . .

And this is for relatively "Low Tech" Starships like the ones of Human Edge Independants, Haqqislam and Nomads, that could not afford to WASTE as much Money as the "Big Leaguers" (Pan-O, Yujing, A.L.E.P.H., O12) that approach much higher "Levels" similar to Star Wars "Void Open" Forcefield Windows and so on. . .

Also while "Artficial Gravity Plates" are a thing in Infinity, the cost of those I believe is staggeringly expensive; "Flying Jetbikes" like some of those depicted in the Art of Modiphius DO exists but are HIDEOUSLY expensive prototypes that consume MASSIVE loads of "Hi-Tech Fuel"; at the same time Starships like the "Rough Rocinante" or the departing Haqqislamite Cargo-Freighter (called poetically the Arab Translation of "Swift Desert Steed") rotates continuously on their Inner Axis to generate a low modicum of Artificial Gravity. . .

And "Ariadnan Surface Ground Pounders" are even less advanced technologically; assume that EVERYTHING available in the END of the 2oth Century is possible and available, but Sturdier, Cheaper and Safer, albeit if Rougher and "Brutalistic Styled"; most vehicles will seem "Sci-Fi Upgrades" of the Late Soviet Red Army, rather than sleek, stylish United States stuff. . .

19. inane.imp

Tl;dr the cargo bay is big enough for the shuttle to come inside, but it's becoming vacuum before that. Got it :)

#19 inane.imp, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  20. stevenart74

Urrgh! Some unexpected family issues cropped up !! Have to delay completion later of many Post Stuff !!!

Danger Rose and inane.imp like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation