1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League Organization Help (ELO?)

Discussion in 'Events & Tournaments' started by BlackCadian, Aug 12, 2019.

1. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I hope this is the right sub-forum. A quick search didn’t turn up anything, but I find it hard to believe that I am the first person to try and run a Infinity League.

Since our player base is smallish I am looking for something to do the ranking but without forced matchups, so probably something ELO based?

I have little experience with this and am looking for some basic help, maybe a template or an online tool or some such.

We’d like to include custom „achievements” / score rewards for painting or showing up regularly, too.

One of my first questions is - what score does everyone start with (ELO)?

Thanks a ton!
    BC

2. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

In the ITS I think we start we 1000 pts, then win or loos point based on Win / Loose and different of ELO and factor depending on the importance of the event.

You can probably find how ELO works on Wiki.

But why not do like :
    Have a game once a week +5
    Paint one mini a week +5
    Win +10
    Tie +5
    Loose +0 (unless you wan to give - )

Reset the clock every 3 months.

3. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

The ELO thing is quite complicated. I have read a lot about this since I first learned about it. It is - to simplify it - about your current power rating and expected result of the match depending on the rating of your opponent. I created an Excel sheet if you are interested. Can be used for any other system as well. And you can start at 1000, for example.

EDIT: Oh, it is you. :joy::joy::joy:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation