1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacking upgrades

Discussion in 'General' started by clever handle, Sep 15, 2021.

1. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

Can someone help me make sense of Jazz’s hacking and why I would ever upgrade the attack based programs?

If Jazz makes a hacking attack using a KHD and the skull buster program she rolls YYY*
    If Jazz upgrades skull buster to “+” it ceases to be an antipersonnel program and thus her attack roll would only be Y*
    Further the attack loses the !! trigger to cancel enemies shields.

Is the point that you spend 5 script to buy the upgrade and then buy the base program a second time, then equip both to give you the chance to just attack for damage and to fish for damage on top of other effects from different programs?

2. borisgreymenace

borisgreymenace killer heckler

i think the point of skullbuster+ is that if you are using cabonite on a KHD you can roll YO* and keep the !! switch for blindness which would be relevant if you don't pull off the carbonite switch. when you look at hacking talents like refactoring you're rolling YOO*, able to drop in a R and you get to keep the switch when using lighning storm. similar jam for basilisk. that their upgrades do similar things, i think the point to consider is what do you want to be your main rolling dice and what do you want your fallback switches to be if you can't get the switch on the main program. also, what do you want to carry forward on lightning storm and counter strike.

i forget where it was said, but i don't think the designers intended for the hacking programs to be upgraded across the board. they're supposed to be a choice with trade offs depending on how you want to play Jazz.

3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Skullbuster+ is (if I remember the rerms) a Demon. A demon is not launched, is always active. So, every time you roll ANOTHER program, you get those dice too.

Disclaimer. I don't have my copy at hand now, so check it for errors.

anaris likes this.
  4. anaris

anaris Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Plus with hacking talents you can freely switch between multiple program between each actions for top attacks/defense/hacking

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation