1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we counter the Brothers?

Discussion in 'Chemical Brothers' started by Roadrunner7431, Apr 18, 2019.

1. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I've been getting great work out of him using theat exact tactic. Smack the barriers about in broken land (several are on what would be scoring zones) and then place to score!

2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Anyone <Bathracotoxin>? from dart?

3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Interaction of Batrachotoxin with Bachmann? I would think that his "Immunized" means that since he is not affected by Poison that he is immune to that Tactic, Batrachotoxin.
    Interaction with Hammerhead? He is potentially vulnerable but he usually puts poison on himself and so the effects of poison are resolved during his own activation. Since Batrachotoxin is used during the activation of Dart or one of her allies this Tactic is less useful but could be used with Dart's usual MO.

4. zephen1802

zephen1802 Active Member

I think Batrachotoxin would work on Bachmann, since it's not resolving the poison state, but rather replacing poison tokens for damage tokens directly.

#24 zephen1802, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Reece, Numazokola and treiral like this.
  5. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Yup, Bachmann's immune to poison, but he still have poison tokens for potential usage. I think Batrachotoxin(thx bros) will take effect on Bachmann, easily taking him out.

Secondly; Mendoza. Smokes and Tabula Rasa would be crucial on game-defining turn. Bachmann gets shriveled when there are no status tokens to play with; which will counter him badly since he's a control and harass piece. At least IMO.

AdmiralJCJF and treiral like this.
  6. Roadrunner7431

We should ask @zlavin about Batrachotoxin and Bachmann since he is the current authority on Aristeia since the design team is focussing on Defiance.

7. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I dunno, if he starts in range of people he can bounce enough switches with his skills to generate poison and dump it on someone. If it's a weaker character he can get a kill with it.

8. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

Ruling is clear, replaces posion tokens by wounds. This is different than, for example, Valkyrie's passive that requires the character to be under the effects of inmovilized

Damiel, AdmiralJCJF and treiral like this.
  9. Roadrunner7431

I would say that if his Automatic Skill "Immunized" states that he is not affected by any state imposed on him except Silenced and those affecting :Y::U::E:, so that receiving :4: because he is carrying :D: would be being affected by :D:. Remember that Automatic skills are always active.

10. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Doesn't matter, whenever you play Batrachotoxin you are not flipping those :D:poison states. You are removing them to give some :4:damage based on twice the number.
    It's not the :D:poison that it's doing :4:damage, it's the tactic.

Reece, rag1n, Damiel and 1 other person like this.
  11. Stompburger

Stompburger Member

If "not affected by" means he can't be considered to have the tokens for abilities or tactics, then his own ability Inoculate (and his tactic card Viral Outbreak) wouldn't work on any state token that he is not affected by.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

Eclypse can help controlling Bachman too. A lot of status have an effect only on Red side, just flip them to blue side and even if Bachman pass them nothing happens.

13. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Bachmann ability doesn't work that way. You are removing the state and imposing it, red side up, to somebody else.
    Floomby 23-04-2019 221629.png

14. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

"Not affected by" means he can be imposed States (not only by Inoculate), but the effects of the States doesn't apply to him (save Silenced and attribute modifiers).

:3

15. Stompburger

Stompburger Member

Right - I was saying that it wouldn't make sense for his abilities and tactics to not work on States he's not affected by, so it wouldn't make sense to interpret "not affected by" in a way that would require this.

16. Roadrunner7431

Consider that you are a spectator in the Human Sphere watching a match with Bachmann. He is carrying poison in his special container. He is immune to poison. Then all of a sudden Dart surprises him with her Tactic Batrachotoxin and he must go to the Infirmary. In my opinion it does not make sense. To my way of thinking it would only make some kind of sense if Dart herself imposed her special type of poison to which Bachmann might not be immune.

17. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

That only makes sense if you assume Bachmann is being 100% safe with everything he's carrying, and it really doesn't look like he does.

And, that whole argument is irrelevant. Mechanically it clearly functions, however any of us feel about the way that matches the setting and background information we have.

Now, I've actually been thinking about how I'm going to handle Bachmann when he shows up on my opponents team and I have to say that Tabula Rasa from Mendoza feels like a strong response, it kills what he's trying to do and clears him to slow him down at the same time.

Parvati is more of a hard counter 'though, Bachmann will have a hell of a time doing his thing with her to respond.

Laxmee will also make it tough for Bachmann to really make a lot of headway, his output is higher that hers unless he spreads himself around, but she does a lot of state removal herself and has Team Reset for a key moment.

18. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Consider that you are a spectator in the Human Sphere watching a match with Gata. She is a small, fragile scorer who enters a scoring zone dominated by an enemy Murtair, Kozmo and 8-Ball. She has little to no offense or brawn of her own. Then all of a sudden Gata surprises them with Max's Tactic Scram! and all 3 of them are immediately flung out of the zone. In my opinion it does not make sense. To my way of thinking it would only make some kind of sense if Max himself was nearby to do the heavy lifting, rather than on the opposite side of the dome (or even on the bench).

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  19. Spitfire

Spitfire Member

Or she just shoots his poison container which modifies the poison with the Batratoxin and Bachmann does not yet know how to cure or prevent that very toxin, because e.g it's home brewed by Dart or her Company

Plebian and treiral like this.
  20. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

Just had my first game against the Brothers. While we got plenty of things wrong (sorry!), it was REALLY interesting using Parvati and Mendoza’s status clearing in an offensive fashion.

Reset was great, and he has no defensive roll retaliation against it. Tabula Rasa? Well timed it was fantastic. And having so many options for status clearing was helpful against my friend’s Gata!

Well have to do a rematch later since again, got a lot of things wrong, but it was a great time. Also, i think the fear of poison is actually worse than the poison itself.

Dayman and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation