1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

@inane.imp I love it that both Nomads immediately choose to fall asleep before Atmospheric Entry.

stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  2. Danger Rose

Drea is not amused :smirk_cat:

:heart_eyes_cat: and I just love the nicks you guys came up with for Dreanna.

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Danger Rose Thank you. What nickname would you come up for Uja'rak?

stevenart74 likes this.
  4. Danger Rose

Oh, Dreanna wouldn't be too imaginative, she would go with "Red", or quite simply "Boss", because from what I've summarized from his behavior, Uja is Alpha AF! The kind someone like Dreanna would follow to hell and back.

Although, given how Alister is just as Alpha, that nick might alternate between the two.

Edit: So "Red Leader" for Uja and Boss for Alister. Unless he misbehaves and ends up as Mutt

#84 Danger Rose, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  5. Golem2God

@Danger Rose Uja'rak's most commonly used nicknames is Uja & Ugee. Well I guess that Ugee would count as a pet name since Bella calls him that.
    Dreanna's willignness to follow an Alpha Male is very interesting. I can see her calling Uja "Red Leader" alot then.

#85 Golem2God, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    stevenart74 and Danger Rose like this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

What else are you going to do? You're strapped into a chair with nothing to do, and there's nothing you can do to stop you dying if it all goes horribly wrong. And by this point in our lives it's routine. More importantly it leaves us left alone by the Warcors. :)

7. Danger Rose

Without delving too much in Psychology, it originates from the lack of a "Father Figure" in her life. The closest thing being her Uncle Levi, bu he was more an overly indulgent "Older Brother" than a father. That combimed with her mother's absolute lack of discipline beyond "be the big fish or be lunch", makes Dreanna unconsciously seek shelter in a disciplined enviroment (first the Do Nacimento ship and now the Minotaurs)

stevenart74, inane.imp and Golem2God like this.
  8. Golem2God

Uja would be perfect for her then. He is not interested in a sexual relationship so bonding together as father-daughter is very possible. After all he is in a constant parent mode thanks to his new family. The transition to become a parental figure to Dre-Dre won't be difficult for him.

stevenart74 and Danger Rose like this.
  9. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Misbehave? Like a knave?! NONSENSE!
    Now once more into the breach light brigade!
    /madness of British officer

Alistair will sooner or later reveal he was called Fluffy and story with that, assuming squad can survive to bonding stage. He is simply sincere and creature of habit.

10. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

O.K. I wrote enough "Light-Hearted" vignettes for Comical Relief Effect. . .

Is "High Time" we go down to "Serious Business" (Yeah, right !!) and progress the Story further. . .

There will NOT BE anymore "Stops" for the Orbital Shuttle to depart from the "Rough Rocinante"; it is a given that the Character s Onboard could do something more if they want (but I doubt, one is on "G.M. Autopilot", Two are SLEEPING and it remains just the Samurai Pilot, to maybe try to NOT lose Her composure, and EXECUTE by Beheading the obnoxious "Paparazzi Warcors" !!). . .

Similarly the Dogwarrior and the Morat could react to the weird "Social Dynamics" of the Armoury Crew and try to pry LaTigre Balam from Her "Prey" or leave the N.P.C. to their own devices and progress toward the landing strip. . .

They will found easily a hitchike to a Luzige A.P.C. directed towards the "Hot Spot" or simply try drive on their own another vehicle (there are available Buggies, Land-Rovers and Hum-Vee styled "Cyberpunk Vehicles" !!). . .

When i can Tomorrow I will prepare a better Map of the Island (Bird's Eye View) and a more precise "Airstrip Tactical Map" so that ANY possible concerns of the Player will be issued. . .

Assume that also @loricus Player Character is "On Autopilot"; will be YET present at the Tarmac Airline Strip, with its "Not-Guijia T.A.G." outfitted for Anti-Aircraft Duty (1 Smart Missile Pod for Long-Range Intercepting; 1 Micromissile Pod for Anti-Missile Defence; 1 Tankhunter Autocannon with Gyroscope-Assisted Aim, Better R.O.F., Extra Ammo and Longer Barrell; Extra Sensory Antennas) and ready to act on "Team Leader" (Lieutenant Alistair) orders. . .

Also present will be Arabelle Squad of Merovingian Snipers (light guns and rifles, but each have some T2 Bullets "Just In Case") and She and Uja share a perfectly encrypted "Deep Private Comlog Channel" if it is needed; She and Her squad of 5 S.W.A.T. are paired in couples on various rooftops. . .

Also other assorted "Friendly N.P.C.s" presents, but those are an Unknown Quantity. . . . .!!!

Golem2God and Danger Rose like this.
  11. Beodren

Already on it, post coming in 10 seconds now.

Danger Rose and inane.imp like this.
  12. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Sorry for my slow postings at the moment, I just came from the doctor because I apparently have a heavy sanious conjunctiva (the things in/near your eyes) inflammation......resulting in me barely being able to bloody see, and even when I can, only with brutal burning in my eyes....so reading your posts has become a bit slower, stress at work aside.

13. Danger Rose

@Yasashii Fuyu I hope you get well soon. Try a hand towel soaked warm water. It will ease the pain (and have the added effect that it will keep your eyes shut and resting while it's on your face)

14. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

@stevenart74 Interesting to see that you came up with some of the same ideas of dealing with the Warcors that I also had in mind when reading about them. I was consindering having Kasa White Noise the shit out of their equipment, but then I thought that might negatively impact the shuttle. I also thought about having her remotely fasten the restraints of the Warcors too tight to the point where breathing became more important than asking stupid questions :-P But oh well....will think about a proper post now.

stevenart74 likes this.
  15. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

@Yasashii Fuyu . . .

Hope Your "Ocular Condition" will subside soon; maybe some "Collyrium Balm" or "Artificial Tears" could help with the issue. . .??

Bear in mind that @oldGregg created its character's background as LOOSELY based on the Fremen of Frank Herbert's Dune; the offer of a "Cool Drink" in recompense by Your Grateful Character will be PROBABLY accepted with the Solemn Formality of a sort of "Engagement Proposal" (obviously the "Clean Water Worshipping" of the "Desert People of Arrakis" is a little too "Hardboiled Sci-Fi"; its Character is NOT so sheltered / insulated as Bourak is NOT Dune's Arrakis; but is an amusing Character Trait. . . . . I wonder what will be the reaction of His Character be seeing Easily Desalinized OCEANS on Dawn and ESPECIALLY Lakelets Ponds and Mountain Streams of FRESHWATER in New Knossos Island !!). . .

@Golem2God . . .

Your "Kung-Fu Wushu Dance" had impressed ALL of the present Sultan's Wives and ESPECIALLY Uriy the Bladedancer (Arabelle could feel some pangs of Jealousy, but it is HER to be a little on the "Hypocritical Side" with all the Shehanigans with Roxy the Wulver Babe !!). . .

JUST a Minor Nitpick; the Vorpal Blade have a LIMITED morphing capability; it could range from "Curved Multi-Bladed Small Shuriken" to "Larger Triple-Schythed Boomerang" (SLIGHTLY changing in Mid Flight the aerodynamics of the attack angle and Monomolecular Edge of the Blades) and not "Smart Nanotech" transform in another Melee Weapons of variable size. . .

That is a thing IMPOSSIBLE EVEN for Voodootech (or we will have Anathematics / Speculo Killers "Hybrids" that are essentially the Smart-Liquid Metal T1000 of Terminator 2 and Terminator 5, and the Human Sphere will be conquered in DAYS !!). . .

Your "Teseum Alloyed Halberd" SHOULD be a "Composite Modular Melee Weapon" that is AT START a Double-Headed Polearm; that could be broken down to the Component Parts of:

1°) Vorpal Shuriken, Small Crescent-Edges Wheel (spinning capable when affixed to Polehead, much as if a "Cowboy Spur Wheel") when at rest, Larger Triple Scytheblades "Death Star" when thrown. . .

Bear in mid that a "Limited A.I." / Geist "Forked Copy" is INSIDE the "Flying Krull Glaive" (Krull is a 1983 "Sci-fi Fantasy" movie with a semi-sentient 5-bladed "Shuriken Boomerang" recently was homaged in a "Easter Egg" of the excellent "Ready Player One" "Nerdgasm" flick) and could ATTACK ON ITS OWN after being released by Uja's throw; could alter the path mid-flight to avoid obstacles and innocent bystanders and even strike targets under a cover. . .

2°) The "Polarm Axe Head" will detach and be a "Gurkha Axe" like the one depicted in Daturazi Art; the handle hide a 1mt. lenght of Chain / Steelwire that allows this weapon to be used as a sort of "Short Manrikigusari" (the typical Ninja's weapon of Scythe + Weighted Chain). . .

3°) The "Lance Polehead" will detach at the haft and become the typical Morat Blade, but rather Shortsword Gladius sized rather than Big Knife. . .

4°) The "Pole Quarterstaff" midsection will be similar to a "Bo Staff"; could be further halved into:

5°) TWO smaller "Jo Staves" that are essentially Nightsticks / Escrima-Pentjak'Sylat Sticks. . .

There is NO need to even Edit the text that You wrote; just bear it in mind for future references. . .

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Golem2God

@stevenart74 I'll do well to remember that in the future.

Danger Rose likes this.
  17. Beodren

My post got fixed!

Golem2God and Danger Rose like this.
  18. Golem2God

Hello? Is anyone there? I guess if no one is going to continue with the current story I'll type up a background scene focusing on Bella & Uja interacting.

19. Danger Rose

@Golem2God , write away. We're still on the Dropship waiting to make landfall.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Golem2God

Very well. I hope Steven and the others are well to continue the coming attractions. Things are about to get interesting with the meeting of the minds.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation