1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Charontid

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Stiopa, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Will do
    [​IMG]
    I'd disagree, I think just a plain ol' CCW would help it leverage it's physique. The Avatar isn't made for CC either but it has a DA one to defend itself. Given, it has more CC to utilize that weapon xD

Ginrei likes this.
  2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

To my mind, the utterly bare-bones nature of the Overdron is a bit of a defining characteristic. The lack of even a pistol or CCW means that if your opponent gets too close, they are almost entirely defenseless. It's a fair tradeoff for the pretty low prices you get on a long ranged fire superiority model.

3. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

[​IMG]
    On another note, Corvus PLEASE put the Charontid into Onyx. Please let this be BOW fucking up and leaking stuff again, cuz that'd be so dope. The fact we don't have anyone with G:Mnemonica in Onyx is criminal.

Also, why are they suddenly focusing down the EI Aspects so hard, are they all going to sectorials? Avatar and Charontid in Onyx, and Skiavoro in Shasvastii maybe?!

CORVUS PLEASE
    [​IMG]

Ginrei and Golem2God like this.
  4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I would have been way more excited to play Onyx if it had included EI Aspects. As it stands, I've been mostly playing vanilla CA lately because those are my favorite units.

5. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I actually like the Onyx force because it doesn't have the Avatars. It forces me to play with other units I might not otherwise use.

6. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

With 2 AVA this so needs to be a thing!

[​IMG] Onyx Contact Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]8
    [​IMG] CHARONTID Lieutenant Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 73)
    [​IMG] CHARONTID (Multispectral Visor L3) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 78)
    [​IMG] OVERDRON 2 Heavy Rocket Launchers / . (2 | 57)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] STALDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    [​IMG] OVERDRON 2 Heavy Rocket Launchers / . (2 | 57)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] STALDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    [​IMG] Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] KISS! Adhesive Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Golem2God and krossaks like this.
  7. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

If they add the Charontid to Onyx, it would be a bit much. I don't know if I'd bother with Vanilla very often.

colbrook likes this.
  8. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

When I saw this I was so hoping to see Charontids in Onyx on Army Builder. Sadly not there yet but I'll keep watching just in case.

Ginrei likes this.
  9. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I think adding the aspects to Onyx, or even A aspect in the case of the Charontid, would only work if they removed the Shas and Morat units, or at least limited them even more.

The way I see it, sectorials are supposed to be a trade off. If you give me the option to take both a charontid and an unidron fireteam why the nine hells am I not going to do that? It's a strong, hard to shift combination with very little weaknesses.

Reece and colbrook like this.
  10. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Sorry to burst the bubble (I'd love aspects in Onyx too) but it's a mistake, the Charontid is not going to be in Onyx (Confirmed by @HellLois)

:(

My two cents: I'm not a fan for the same reasons that I don't like a few of the newer sculpts. It just doesn't match up with the vague image of an alien elite troop that's in my head. That, and not enough armour.

The extremely human looking arms remind me of a scene from Neon Genesis: Evangelion where the Eva regenerates human arms, maybe painting it up that way my appease my arbitrary judging of it...

Golem2God, Reece and Keyrott like this.
  11. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Well damn.

Also, this guy knows what I'm talking about. Energy Arms. Make it happen.
    [​IMG]

Golem2God and gamma ray like this.
  12. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yep, I'm definitely seeing it now.

I'm now adding Infinity TAGs painted like Evangelions to my painting queue. My poor painting queue...

Belgrim, Golem2God and Ginrei like this.
  13. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Onix with aspects and maybe the speculo killer was just going to be vanilla 2.0. Stronger and only without smoke.

Golem2God likes this.
  14. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

In fact in my zone, vanilla is only used to play with aspects, when you are not going tu use these avatar you go to onix

Reece and Golem2God like this.
  15. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

That's my feel on it too. When I wanna do fun stuff with the any of the Aspects, I run vanilla. When I wanna just murder stuff, I run Onyx. The only time I run Morats is vs newer players or if I wanna do silly stuff with Hungries in a link. Finally I play SEF when I... ok... I've STILL never played SEF.

krossaks likes this.
  16. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

yeah this is how i imagined it via the dossier.

Keyrott likes this.
  17. Erbent

Erbent Well-Known Member

I've just suddenly came up with a tought on what I dislike the most abouth the new Charontid and also the Avatar, though that is kind of a nitpicky thing: there is no texture to their 'skin' that was present in older versions, and now it's just flat skin instead of fibres, it seems strange to me that there is a lot less of a texture on these two new models compared to not just old sculpts, but even to kind of recen Xeo and Overdrone.

Pierzasty and Barrogh like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation