1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

What color is Knucker? Can he have something to align him with the ruby headed beast? Such as actual red head/body markings or a headgear that Uja can get for him in the future?

stevenart74 likes this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

At the moment I've got a pistol. Once I get to an armoury I can cobble together practically anything (particularly since Tony will have unfettered access to the workshop). And yeah, I'm going to rock Dual Assault Pistols (because the classic is cool!)... but I'll mod them a little. :Evil:

My TAG is Dual AP Combi + LGLs, Chain Colt and a Panzerfaust. Not entirely certain how many Reloads makes sense: I'm sure we'll work that out shortly.

I'm also not entirely sure how Drea's and Loricus' TAGs ended Up.

#62 inane.imp, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  3. Golem2God

Sounds like your a man I need to see in the future. Perhaps Tony can make some positive tweaks to any of Uja's weapons if they get along with each other.

4. inane.imp

We'll see how it pans out :)

You do start off on the back foot. What with not being a Nomad and all [emoji14]

But there's always blood sports and betting to bond over.

5. Golem2God

I thought because Uja is a Morat that Tony would go "Paradiso" mode on first sight of him. What kind of blood sports does Tony like?

stevenart74 likes this.
  6. inane.imp

Aresteia + underground ones. More for the sport + betting rather than the blood. And I assume that he also watched Miyu fight: mainly out of professional curiosity (of the 'saw that coming' / 'try THAT in a proper firefight and see how long you live' type).

And yeah I'm probably going to call you Monkey to your face.

7. Golem2God

Sounds like sports Morats would enjoy watching. Uja doesn't care about being called a monkey in the slightest. He has seen how Gorillas handle themselves and considers it a title of honor especially now he has to be the Sliverback of his family. I hope that the landing commences soon and we get to mingle with each other.

stevenart74 likes this.
  8. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

9. Golem2God

Ah. Uja has only heard of that. Isn't Dog Bowl a deadly game for the players involved?

#69 Golem2God, May 21, 2018
    stevenart74 likes this.
  10. inane.imp

Or in Drea's case: bondage over dog bowl. [emoji14]

Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  11. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

@Golem2God

Sincerely, I am not sure. I recall it being very violent, but not precisely deadly. It is one of the only ways for dog face to get some social status.

Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  12. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Dog Bowl is "Scottish Football" (so not U.S.A. Rugby with many protective gears) that is the National Sport of Caledonia (and also of the other parts of Ariadna, but to a lesser degree, as Merovingian "Sport" is "Enjoying The Finer Parts of a Merchants' Life", Kazaks like Sumo-Sambo Wrestling, preferably very High on "Kazak Vyatka" [Ariadnan Vodka, also used to scour Old Paint from Battleship's Hulls] either on a Sauna Bathouse or in the middle of Frozen Snow and OBVIOUSLY for U.S.Ariadnan is "Wild Game Hunting" [with Savage Antipodes of the "River Tribes" as the choicest prey] with the Biggest Guns available !!!). . .

The "Ball" is an ovoidal "Big Egg" with Teseum Spikes, used as much as to score points on the End of the Field Goal-Line and to "Accidentally" wound an Adversary with a "Mistaken" throw. . .!!

Mainly done by Dogwarriors in full battleform is considered DEADLY for "lesser beings" even if SOME Wulvers (extremely burly and tough even for the standard of their race) go for Pitcher and Runners spot in RARE cases; Blockers and Linebackers are OBVIOUSLY Dogwarrior. . .

With the Re-Introduction of Ariadna in the Human Sphere it is ALSO the Third Second Most Violent Sport followed in the WHOLE of the "Mediasphere" (Entertaining Channels shared by BOTH Maya and Arachne), the first being the overcomplicated "Aristeia" and the second Tactical Armoured Gear gladiatorial matches (the specialty of Miyu and "Tagged" as preferential in the Net-Surfing of both Tony and Dreanna !!). . .

As "Dog Bowl" is done Unarmed and Unarmoured it was quickly proscribed the attempt to enlist Human Players in "Superheavy Infantry Suits" (more Taskmasters / Ahal-Fasseds sized, rather than Ariadnan Blackjacks) and "Combat Grade Lhosts" (such as Diomede's "Hercules Frame", that is considered legally a "Military-Grade Weapon" in O12 Convention Laws); second only to Caledonia "Dog Bowl" is also VERY popular in the Nomad Mothership Bakunin; there are a couple of Praxis Black Labs that specializes in fashioning Chimeras and "Smart Pupniks" that are not "Bloodsport Gladiators" but fully fledged Dog-Bowlers (very, Very, VERY grudgingly accepted by Planet Dawn's Federation). . .

New Knossos Island have a rather large Dog Bowl Arena and "Karanos", the most Bull-Like of King Mynos offsprings, is a very Mean "Star Pitcher" in the Minotaurs Home Team Squad (and also avid fan-follower of the exploits of Alistair's Father). . .

Uja is ENOUGH Burly, Muscular, Sturdy, Big and ESPECIALLY "Pain Inured" to qualify as potential "Junior League Player". . .

. . . . .

@inane.imp , @Golem2God there is another IMPORTANT "Potential Bonding" for Your Characters. . .

Shared, utter, distasteful contempt for the "Slimy Cowards Ways" of the Shaasvastii Continuum Troops (and especially of Apophys, that the Krakot Daturazi know as "Worse Than The Worsts" !!!). . .

13. inane.imp

Scottish Football is played with a round ball. I always got the feeling it was more of a freeform Grid Iron: in my imagination it's pretty much AFL with throwing not kicking and any rule designed to reduce violence removed.

14. stevenart74

@Golem2God ; if You like it "Knucker" has deep-blood red / crimson burgundy Scales that are quite reminiscent of Rubies and fiery Scarlet Gem-like Eyes like the ones of the Red Dragons of D&D. . .

Also if You like the "Mini Fire Drake" kind of idea the Snakewolves Venom Sacs, in their fanged mouths, secrete a rather High-Toxic cid (that "Burn" easily through Metal and Flesh, but fare poorly against Rubberized Kevlar and Ceramic Platings) rather than "Plain Poison" and their Quills have lesser quantities of the nasty substance that cause "Intense Debilitating Pain, as if On Fire !!!"

@inane.imp

The Built-In Chain-Colts (2x) are small enough that could be housed inside the Geckos' Hands / Palms / Knuckles; the Combi-Gun of "Spitfire L.M.G. + Riot Drum Grenadier" has two "Settings" one fully extended to shoot away, that needs the T.A.G. Hands closed in a fist, and a "Retracted Inactive State" that make easier manipulate Materials or even hold a Big Gun in a two-handed carry. . .

As befitting a specialized "Mechanic Void Operator" kind of Paramilitary Exoframe I'm thinking to give You an "Utility Gun" of the style of "Hull-Breach Solver" that is really a "Refluffed / Renamed" Heavy Combi of a Epoxy Grenade Launcher (so Heavy Grenade Launcher but with ONLY Chemical Payloads in a Canister Ammo Box rather than a Riot Revolver Drum-Clip Grenadier) and a Small Flamer attached underneath (that is in reality a Small Hi-Tech Blowtorch, of whom You have removed the "Safety Limiters" !!). . .

If used as it is intended the "Hull-Welder Blowtorch" will have stats similar to a CCW with Mono and / or Explosive and / or Thermal properties, but will consume 1 Dedicated Reload for Turn of Activation (but with a rather sizable "Reloads Fuel Canister" of pressurized Napalm-Like Chemical). . .

Your Character will PROBABLY finding "Poetical Justice" in applying the Blowtorch-Mode to the "Ugly Rictus Grin" of Apophys "Super Sphinx" Exoframe. . .

. . . . .

The "Bandersnatch" Zondbot (the namesake I pilfered shamelessly from a "Resident Evil" B.O.W. Monster, that is a misshapen Zombie-Like critter with a totally useless atrophied Left Arm and an Oversized Right Limb, simian-like and powerful, that could also elastically extend "Street Fighter Dhalsim" style !!) could also "Anchor Itself" in a Housing Recess in the back of the Gecko Shoulders; when it is "Anchored" the built-in "Grapplehook Tether Claw" that is really its oversized Hand have EVEN MORE "Crane-Winch Horsepower" due to Secondary Actuators in the Back and being firmly held by a Exoarmour Weight. . .

The Grapple-Tether lenght will be between 5m. and 10m. ; will see what similar Technology in the Rulebook is; and, Yes, the Bandersnatch could employ it as a Close Range "Rocket Punch" or swing "Spiderman's Style" from nearby gantries / trees / building corners. . .

. . . . .

About "Generic Rules" for Tactical Armoured Gears :

Indicative there is, IN MY HOMEBREWED RULEBOOK, a SINGLE "Gear Hardpoint" in the Back of of Light T.A.G. like a Gecko; it is housing the "Ancillary Drone Zondbot Anchor-Bay" for Tony's Exoframe, and could be doing the same for Dreanna's "Balrog". . .

But this would mean sacrificing a potential "Incendiary Rocket Pod" for the Firebug Chimera Catgirl, so I believe that Her "Zondcat" will walk all the time. . .

Heavy T.A.G. like the Guijias will have 2 Twin "Gear Hardpoints" on their Back; the one of @loricus USUALLY holds 40mm. Grenade Launcher Tubes in a "Helicopter Subwing Pod" configuration, fewer Rocket Launchers (more or less Panzerfausts but with better Range) or even less Smart Missiles (devastatingly long-Ranged and Effective, need usually Hacking to be countered). . .

There is the option of munting a "Hive Cells-Like Structure" for Micro-Missile Pods that "Swarm Attack" on their own, but being JUST able to mount Light Shotguns Ammo types it is NOT a thing that an Heavy Antitank Unit will usually consider (but that could be interesting for @Danger Rose "Mecha" with White-Phosporous "Warhead Shells" if, rather than torching Buildings / Vehicles is needed "Wide Saturation" against many Human-sized, or even tinier, Foes or for starting fires on a large Plain Patch of Grasses, a sound tactic against Tribal Savage Antipodes !!). . .

@Yasashii Fuyu Miyu T.A.G. could instead hold TWO Anchor Bays, one for Kasa (reclined in a Foetal Crouching position) and one for "Nanosquid Cyberdrone"; it is important to notice that, inspired by the TAGLINE Rules, these "Drone Bays" could be slowly, stealthily opened or could project explosively, with "Super Jump Rules" their Robotic Content at various meters of distance (3-5m. in Atmosphere / Earth Gravitics; considerably far more in the Zero-G Void of Space !!). . .

Also I'm thinking to have Kasa as a "Kunoichi She-Ninja" kind of Combat Skillset counterpart to Miyu "Onna-Bugeisha" Woman Samurai; the Mecha-Squid is rather "Part of Kasa's Gear" (Yes, it is a Drone with a Sub-Drone !!!) rather than an independant Allied N.P.C. Character Sidekick. . . . . !!!

#74 stevenart74, May 21, 2018
  15. inane.imp

Honestly I'm really happy with just the classic Gecko with added LGLs. I'm sure that when I've got some down time to tinker I'll come up with stuff to add. (Gecko's have quite a decent brawn if I need to rip my way through a hatch, so I'm not worried on that front.)

With the Tinbot I have no idea where you're going with it?

A vanilla Tinbot with added Engineering Waldo 1 will give me lots of stuff to play with. (He's quite capable of opening a hatch so I barge through with a TAG: even blow-torching it open since the Waldo is a Kit).

I'm already struggling to keep track of everything so I'm more than happy to keep it simple.

Dual AP Combi + LGLs with a chunk of ammo (particularly Grenades) is a real toolbox. Especially since Tony is +2 Momentum firing them. There's no real need to develop a sexy new gun 'just because'. The same applies to the Tinbot: what's effectively a Zondbot is awesome for Tony, there's no need for it to be more than that.

Completly off topic:
    The Origin of Bandersnatch (drugs, lots of really good drugs).
    Jabberwocky

BY LEWIS CARROLL

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
    Long time the manxome foe he sought—
    So rested he by the Tumtum tree
    And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
    The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
    Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
    And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head
    He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
    Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
    O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
    He chortled in his joy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    I'm a little surprised that there isn't actually a Jabberwock in Infinity. Would have worked far better than Sphinx.

#75 inane.imp, May 21, 2018
    stevenart74 and Danger Rose like this.
  16. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

@stevenart74 Oh I think you might have overestimated the purpose of the mechanical tentacle thingy, it's not so much a Drone or remote, it's more like a over complicated attachment of Kasa or toolkit/hacking device thingy, it's actually kind of a part of herself, which can detach if needed, but will actually be connected to her most of the time, especially during combat. She just didn't have it connected to her back in the opening scene cause it would have freaked out the people in the hangar even more than it already did.

My idea was for Kasa to cling to one of the Anchor Bays with the tentacle creature laying on top of her, forming a "shell of armour" around her and connecting her systems to the TAG (which she conveniently stole the blueprints of beforehand...)
    Basically like a hunchback secondary passager compartment on the back. This could either take up both spots (which I'd be fine with) or one could be used for the missile system you talked about before.

17. stevenart74

The rather long winded "Gun Nuts" description that I have now put in the I.C. Thread is aimed not ONLY to @Golem2God and @Beodren . . .

Is a (rather convoluted way) to explain the options available to "Low Tech Guns" for the Multi Option of different ammunition. . .

The "Rifle" (or rather "Assault Rifle") of the Basic Manual is the contemporary kind of R.W. Weapon that is emplyed by Ariadnan and Haqqislamite Armed Forces; rather than the hyper-complex "Multi Ammo Box" and "Differentiated Liquid Metal Bottles" of the more advanced Armies of the Human Sphere their manner of effective employing "MULTI Ammo" property is:

1°) Taping a different "Ammo Clip" to the inserted one, extracting the non-useful and rotating the taped ensemble OR eschewing the useless on completely and let it fall away, extracting a better Clip from an Ammo Pouch / Bandoleer. . .

2°) Manually rack the Arming Lever of the Ejection Port; then MANUALLY inserting a SINGLE shot in the Opened Firing Chamber; while clumsy and cumbersome as Process goes on, it is the most employed by Minotaurs that carry SINGLE SHOT SPARES (usually safely hidden in pouches) of the precious, rare, costly T1, T2, T3 Ammunition. . .

. . . . .

EVERY GUN that could mount a Revolver Drum-Clip shaped like a "Vintage Ammo Wheel" could have the option of having it linked to EITHER a Special Lever (usually for Small Arms) or a Pump-Action Mechanism (usually for Longer Rifles). . .

This "Clockwork Vintage Mechanism" will DECREASE a little the Rate-Of-Fire and Burst (also totally VODING the "Extra Generated Momentum" effect of Multiple Targets engaged, as the R.O.F. is reduced !!). . .

Also a totally spent "Ammo Wheel" with no more unfired Ammo Rounds will necessitate lenghtier reloads (one by one Shell / Shot suhc as in Wild West Revolvers or Tubular-Feed Hunting Shotguns) than simply "Slap In a Fresh Clip" !!

But will increase the possibility of +1 or even +2 Multi Ammo, and also increase a little the Range / Precision as for an inherently far more stable Firing Pattern. . . . .!!!

This will be possible for any "Sensate Revolver Ammo Wheel" kind of Guns:

Revolver Pistols (mainly Heavy Handcannons, but also more Lighter Precision Models). . .

Shotguns of all SIZE and TYPE; Light Shotguns, Boarding Shotguns, Vulkans and Heavy Shotguns (see below. . .). . .

Riot Grenade Launcher; the VERY Selective Ammo Drum kind of Firearm (as Shotguns are rather "Very Light Grenade Launchers" and Grenadier Guns are rather "Heavy Shotguns"). . .

Special Vintage Styled "Sniper Rifles" (especially the infamous Kazak Spetsnatz Ojotnik, but also Heavier "Rustic Barretts" made more for Hunting Tanks than Hunting Beasts !!). . .

Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher and / or Missile Launchers. . .

18. Golem2God

Both ideas could work if it is fine with you.

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

I'm just happy with any fire-based weapons given to Dreanna's TAG; especially the High-Power, Short-Range. Given the fact that it already has TO Camo (and I've been on the recieving end of those before *shudders*); I expect her to play the Sneaking Behind You game and have fun doing it.

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  20. Golem2God

stevenart74 and Danger Rose like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation