1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quenched on Murtair's Death?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Tipzntrix, May 21, 2018.

1. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

If Murtair and his enemy both deal lethal damage in a fight, can Murtair heal himself with Quenched? I'm not sure if one character goes to the infirmary before the other, or if they both go at the same time.

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Excellent question! I could not find anything in the rules that would specify the order in which characters receive damage. We should expect a ruling from -V-. I would say that in the spirit of this game in which the dramatic and unexpected are favored that Murtair should be able to heal himself because otherwise the Tactic Card "Quenched" is less powerful. In addition the active player decides the order of switches so in this vein since the Card specifies that it is used when Murtair makes a combat roll he is the active player so he decides that the enemy goes to the Infirmary first. However one could invoke the rule that the Underdog decides when there is a clash or priorities.

3. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

The use of "immediately" here suggests to me, you definitely can't restore yourself AFTER the tokens go on Murtair, if he ever reaches the point where he's full on wounds, it's already too late to use the tactic card, he's headed to the infirmary.

It's not entirely clear but I'd say it's fair to call inflicting damage an 'Effect' of a combat roll, meaning the underdog would decide the order in which aristos receive their wounds and thus order they go to the infirmary.

Defending is also a combat roll

4. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

There is no timing on who goes to the infirmary first, both go at the same time and the Underdog can not decide on this becouse it will create an inconsistency in game (if I am the Underdog a can use the tactic but if I am not I can't), that will be bad design.

No, you can not use Quenched in that situation.

ijw likes this.
  5. Vanther

Vanther Manager de los Varuna Sha!rks

Quenched is similar to Epic Regeneration, BUT Massacre's tactics says "before sending him to the Infirmary " (because at the same time you get all the damage tokens as Hit Points, you'll go out).

And in Quenched's timing states:
    "AFTER an enemy goes to the Infirmary as the result of a combat roll..."
    So, after the enemy went to the Infirmary, you are already there too (because the rule says immediately) and can't use Quenched (but Massacre can use Epic Regeneration).

-V- and ijw like this.
  6. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Our Warcors are right.

:wink:

anaris and volgo like this.
  8. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

Cool, thanks

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation