1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEBATE RULE subsection? [ES][EN]

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Mc_Clane, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

From quite some time now, Rule debate (I'm refering to sugestions and complains) is been messing inside the Rule section, Inside News, Inside Oftopic... and I think tha it deserves a specific subsection

I've asked for It on the old forums, and you've replied that you'll be thinking about it.

I undestand that this kind of section might align with CB interests or not... but given the obviousness that this topics will keep poping out either way... maybe it's time to rethink it for the sanity of some users.

I think tha this is the best time to do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desde hace bastante tiempo, El debate sobre reglas (me refiero a las quejas y sugerencias) ha estado engorronando la seccion de reglas, los hilos de novedades, el de oftopic... y creo que se merece una subseccion especifica.

Ya lo plantee en el viejo foro, y alguien de staff me respondió que os lo pensariais.

Entiendo que proporcionar una seccion especifica podria o no coincidir con los intereses de CB... pero creo que dado que se va a seguir sacando estos temas de todos modos... igual estaría bien que os lo replantearais por el bienestar mental de algunos usuarios

Creo que es el momento indicado porque no tendriais que mover demasiado volumen de temas

Sabin76, Abrilete and xagroth like this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

You mean like "rules wishlisting"? New rules we'd like to see, or rules we'd like to see changed?

Would definitely be good to keep that separate from the Rules Questions section, though I usually put my rules wishlisting in the Access Guide to the Human Sphere.

My apologies, but I'm not going to trust Google Translate to do anything but butcher my bad English into worse Spanish...

Abrilete likes this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

He means both, a section "under" the Rules forum that lets us discuss current rules, past rules or "future" rules without messing with the Rules forum (mainly questions, clarifications, and the like).

For example, there is now a Thread about Full Auto, and it would be interesting to open a new one about Fatality.

Abrilete likes this.
  4. Section9

That should have been "new rules we'd like to see, AND/OR rules we'd like to see changed"

That's what I thought he meant, just wanted to make sure. I'd like to keep Rules Q&A separate from Rules Wishlisting.

5. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

yep, a board "Rules Suggestion" could definitely prove useful.

6. DruidNei

DruidNei Well-Known Member

While we're at it maybe it would be good idea to have whole Suggestions section somewhere, not only rules?

7. Mc_Clane

Warcor

My apologies, maybe I wasn't clear enougth. (my first language is spanish :confused:)

Basicly I want a Rules Q & A section clean of endless complains and debate like "This rule is pointless!" "Full auto is OP!" ... so if someone has a doubt or if someone detects a weird situation, it can be solved properly by CB Staff, and of course it will make easier the task of updating the FAQs for the CB staff afterwards

To achieve this I propose a Rule debating subsection inside a rule Q&A section to keep clean the Q&A section

Well, I supose things like wishing for some new profile or rule simplification/could be counted as a rule Debate.

n21lv, Section9, DruidNei and 2 others like this.
  8. Section9

No, you were clear enough, I've just spent so much time in customer service (and the military) that a repeat-back for confirmation of idea is almost muscle memory these days.

I am all for the idea of a Rules Suggestion/debate/anything but Q&A section, for the purpose of keeping the Q&A section clear of everything else.

n21lv and Abrilete like this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd like to suggest a "Translation discrepancies" subforum aswell, or some way of noting such trouble. Right now, I stumbled upon another one between English and Spanish rules, in the Marksmanship X description (in english, it requires the weapon to have Burst 2 or more after mods, while in spanish asks for burst 2 or more either on the profile or after mods :S)

Danger Rose likes this.
  10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

The rules section should be clear of any such things and I think in this forum is high time we enforce it, people looking at the rules subforum should only find current established rules.

Maybe we could establish another subforum unlinked to rules subforum for that, we will see.

11. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

An answered rules forums section, where a CB authority addresses relevant rules questions posed in another section (a section that allows for debate) and then clarifies how a rule or interaction is intended to work; would be the best christmas present CB could give its player base.

eciu and xagroth like this.
  12. Mc_Clane

Warcor

The problem is that people doesn't know were to put those kind of topics. They are rules? They are Offtopic?
    It becomes a dilema if you completely separate it from the rules subforum. That's why I thing it should be a section inside Rules Section. That way a Rule section moderator as you can manage the contents easier

xagroth likes this.
  13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Soo... We could have something like this? (This is an example)

Rules
    |- Official CB Clarifications (one post per rule, no asnwers allowed)
    |- Rules Feedback (among other things, discrepancies between translations)
    |- Rules Debauchery/Offtopic (new rules, calculations, debates...)
    |- Current "rules" posts (no sub-subforum, you could ask the community here, or ask for further clarifications for the official posts)

So inside the Rules subforum, as it is now, there would be 3 nested subforums, one of them for the exclusive use of CB-to-players FAQ level stuff, one for OffTopic, and one for trouble a little more specialized than just asking around other players (maybe an escalation from the "normal" level of questions?).

Section9 likes this.
  14. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

Im down for a rules questions section seperate from a rules discussion section (where you could simply talk about current/future rules).

15. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

+1 from me for this.

16. Section9

I don't think we need that many subforums, but yeah, something like that to get the rules wishlisting/complaints out of the rules questions section is definitely needed!

We already have the wiki for the "FAQ"/Official answers, and if we get enough questions about any given rule the clarification can be added to the Wiki. Should probably give IJW a special image to use for when something has been added to the wiki (and therefore discussion should be closed), like how some of the old GW forums had fun little 'thread locked' images.

I think we're OK with the current 'rules question/clarification' forum and just adding a 'Rules proposals/wishlisting/complaints' subforum.

IMO, rules feedback like translation issues should be in the standard question/clarification forum.

Mc_Clane and Abrilete like this.
  17. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Walking my kid to school this morning, I thought about community sourcing some of the more convoluted rules into more concise text. Probably tackle it section by section, and we would need someone with at least partial authority to give us the gist of the intent.

This would certainly need a different sub-forum, however.

18. Mc_Clane

Warcor

So @Koni, Any oficial answer/thougths from CB admins? Should we give it a Try? Or It would be opening the gates of HELL?

19. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

We're discussing about that and the best way to handle that. But first, could be interesting to create a poll to know your preferences.

20. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I'd go for:

> main forum: Rules Q&A
    --> subforum: Rules Discussion

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation