1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tunguska

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by mothman, Mar 24, 2018.

1. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

is my counting wrong or Tunguska might get like 2 units we are yet to see to have the same number of units as JCC and bakunin and their named hero and spec ops/ dire foe :D

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Maybe more. But yeah there's a couple of things that we're still waiting to get surprised about

3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Do correct me if I'm wrong on this but when I was playing in Poland, it seemed to me that you guys have a distinct aversion towards rambo pieces in general. Perhaps your views on rambo lt's being impossible without CoC is biased in that regard?

4. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Can't say for everyone, only own opinion based on observations throughout last two ITS seasons (7 and 8). Rambo and Alpha Strike are popular in some regions and yet top players seem to preffer more cautious approach - not to overinvest in a single piece. Rambo gaming is too close to a coin toss - especially if top player face another top player. One mistake and GG.

Either way - here we're not talking about Rambo per se, rather about going Rambo with your Leutenant, which in Nomads is a one way slide towards suicide :P

Zewrath and loricus like this.
  5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

They aren't for ramboing. If you can't find other uses that make it worth it don't take them (I usually take Intruder) but some people are.

I wouldn't do a HI Lt. / CoC especially if the CoC was taxed anyways. I Rambo but with stuff like Bandits or TAGs, I haven't been able to run a HI up and do it successfully anyways.

6. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

Ramboing anything on a regular basis is difficult. Experienced players will have deployed in ways to eat up your orders, and the closer you get to their DZ, the more options they have to take you out. Whatever you Rambo is going to die. It's hard enough to absorb a 40-50 point loss without adding LT to the mix. There are too many great expendable Rambo units in Nomads, like Bandits or Chimeras to justify throwing caution to the wind with HI.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  7. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

That is until you notice your enemy only brought breaker and viral weapons, time for interventor to become the TAG

I still prefer borac as a rambo piece without being the LT, sure you lose 1 order on them a turn but you can take some risks, I get more use out of LT orders on interventors.

I run intruder and borac so will often just rambo in the intruder to deal with ODD and TO threats with some molrock back up. Then turn 2 if he is gone borac goes in to mop up, all while zeros and morans who dont need many orders to work just push buttons and lay mines where they can. See a strong link team, smoke trick 1st member out with intruder then let borac dominate them, or if its MSV troop like a kempetai, white noise and have borac bully them, then send in intruder.

loricus likes this.
  8. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Me too - but with a backup LT I might at least consider Kriza or TaskkHamster to go LT in regular missions :)
    Also - I too Rambo Intruder and Kriza. Practically won't leave the house without them. One difference - I use Kriza to deal with Linked Troops - Intruder is too squishy to try and smoke F2F a linked troop. In my opinion 4x13 vs for example 2x12 is not a good odd when you are just one wound. Kriza withstands some punishment. All in all - KKriza HMG + Intruder HMG is a great pair.

]
    Both Kriza and Taskmaster seem like a pretty Rambo units to me. Not Panoceania level of Rambo unit for sure, but tough body, good loadout etc. Taskmaster with Red Fury, template weapon, two Koalas, deflector and stealth seem like a perfect Rambo unit. Could be better if it was LT with a backup LT due to additional order to Rambo with - but otherwise it is a valid Rambo. It seem to be created with Rambo in mind. Go deep and fast, wreak havoc among enemy cheerleaders then park somewhere supressed with Koalas and Deflector protecting him from shenanigans.

#668 nazroth, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    loricus likes this.
  9. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

Switching the topic for a sec:

When will we get Tunguska in Infinity Army? Models arrive around the third week usually, what about the profiles? Beginning of June?

10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

We don't have Hakims yet.

11. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Middle to late June - typically when the models hit CB stores. Hakims are likely to be in army in a week or so time (Friday 25th ish?) Tunguska will likely follow suit and be out 22nd ish June

12. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Is it possible Hakims and Tunguska may pop up at the same time?

13. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Highly unlikely

14. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

But possible...

15. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

As are many other things. However improbably, they are technically possible ;)

16. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Aw.
    Yay!
    Aw.

Keyrott, chaos11 and Solar like this.
  17. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

They might get spoiled at some point before they show up on Army. Mayacast or a BoW video are probably our best hope.

18. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

Rollercoaster of emotions.

Keyrott and Del S like this.
  19. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Was thinking what we might see for the drop troop for Tunguska. ODD drop troop maybe?

20. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

Probably and hopefully we'll just get Raoul.

wellspokenman likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation