1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Charontid

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Stiopa, Nov 28, 2017.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I think its a "link" gizmo, it looks to me like the CA remotes' backs. So it may be some sort of antenna the bigger guys (TAGs) have integrated, while the Charontid, being an "adapted" body just has it grafted on the "base of the neck"?

Golem2God likes this.
  2. sanyv

sanyv Active Member

I like the sculpt, not so much the paint.
    The hands, I wasn't very fan, but it's the first "grown drone" that has W and not STR, so I guess it is understandable.
    I think I'll paint him black+dark green, to make the Mnemonica a bit different from all the other remotes/tags.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Gaffles

Gaffles Member

Might take my old skiavoros tail and toss it on to cover up that butt a bit.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

The BOW page says Charontid in Onyx. Typo or welcome change?

I like the model but what's with the yellow?

Hecaton and Golem2God like this.
  5. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

I wonder how hard will it be to swap his arms with the Q-Drone's...

Maybe also add magnets so its possible to swap between HMG and Plasma?

6. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

It's a cool bit of contrast but it is a bit out of nowhere, but then Angel is known for changing army schemes model to model. I mean look at Batroids compared to the newer EI stuff.

Also typo most likely knowing BoW. They put out a lot of content and tend to have a few errors.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

He's growing on me. He skipped leg day though.

I'm starting to appreciate the colours too.

I know I can paint it anyway I want, but I generally draw heavily from the studio schemes. The studio schemes help me get a "feel" for the model. It's probably crazy, but I've always thought of the Aspects as calculated leaders. So in my head, they work that way.

This new Charontid is just a straight bully. But he's growing on me.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

I hate the plug sticking out of its back with a passion. But otherwise a very nice mini and i'm happy the paint job tried to make it look different. I'll do something similar without the red skin. Plasma rifle rocks and I want another to put on a Q-Drone.

The two little pieces sticking out on the back of its legs go a long way to making the proportions better. Silhouette 5 instead of a Xeodron's 6 should be fitting as well. Combined Army is the best* Army!

*My favorite.

9. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

...are also a hold over from the previous sculpt, so it makes sense for them to be there. I like the model a lot: head, gun, legs, all great! The arms are a little bulky and that Remote neck thing is a bit odd, but it's no deal breaker for me.

Golem2God likes this.
  10. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I really love the new model, but I think I am going to have to mod some armor plates to add to the arms.

Barrogh, Golem2God and Audun54 like this.
  11. Audun54

Audun54 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the bare arms are really my only problem with the model. Some additional armor would have really improved it in my opinion.

Pierzasty likes this.
  12. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I like the arms, hammers home it is a horrible meat robot like from Evangelion or Gasaraki. It's just the yellow patterns. makes it look like a hot rod or something. Anyone with skill want to photo shop them crimson?

Ginrei and Golem2God like this.
  13. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

The yellow looks nice in my opinion. I do agree with your assessment on the arms but I also see how other people won't like it.

the huanglong likes this.
  14. Baoh

Baoh New Member

The model is good, maybe the pose is a little weird. I hope they change wounds for STR (or maybe shock immunity) cause new shock rules, now it seems too overcosted.

Golem2God likes this.
  15. Xestaro

Xestaro Member

I don't know why everyone seems to think that "integrated weapon" means "no hand".... Why not have integrated weaponry AND 2 free hands?? That would surely be potentially even more useful than any of the other 2 options. Also, especially with CA-level hightech, integrated weapon doesn't have to mean its not modular.

16. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

Does the term integrated weapon account for mounted weapons? Two free hands and interchangeable mounted weaponry... sadly this thing has ZERO CC weapons. Nothing to even account for its size and strength. Is the next stage to top this synchronized weapon platforms like the Auxbot?

[​IMG]

Belgrim, Golem2God and Erbent like this.
  17. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Maybe the thing sticking out of his neck is some kind of power source, like the one used to power the remotes?

Those fists and claws should classify as, at the very least, a CCW if not a DA CCW. The avatar has a nondescript DA CCW, and I'm pretty sure he has the same claw hands just way bigger muscles. Also having arms with hands to pick up things and move around the environment seems better than always having 2 plasma snipers for arms, or having two shoulder-mounted weapons and no arms. I'd assume that's the reason they design these machines to be structurally organic and not just a walking tank.with two cannons and nothing else.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Personally, I really wish he'd have stuck with the Dossier's colors as I very much think the yellow looks very out of place outside of just the eyes. Also, why do his arms in the dossier look like they're made out of pure energy like some shit from Asura's Wrath lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I'm just sad his arms AREN'T just somehow energy, that'd be dope lol

Reece likes this.
  19. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

In fairness it doesn't need a CCW, that's not what the Overdrons are for (mine has still punched a father knight to death however)

Belgrim and Golem2God like this.
  20. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

go tell angel he needs to git gud at painting.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation