1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smoke and Mirrors

Discussion in 'News' started by nehemiah, Apr 26, 2018.

1. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

2. infernofury

infernofury New Member

I love them, the Beast and the Priest are super cool and The mage is a real pain in the ***. ..
    when Will this exp bè avaliable??

3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Good god they are cool. Kozmo!!!

Fathi Amirmoez likes this.
  4. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Do we know what smoke and burning does?

5. -JS-

-JS- New Member

Something like this perhaps:
    [​IMG]

Kahlain, nehemiah and Plebian like this.
  6. DeadlyOcean

DeadlyOcean SCAF Maelstrom Crew/Korean A! Manager/Sygmaa Spy;)

Every Aristos have their own power! i love this!

7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Mendoza and Kozmo for the win!!! They look distilled awesomeness!

8. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

wait wut? Kozmo yes, but this chinese magician is really great, damn I like 'em!

9. BaronVonZorcula

BaronVonZorcula Ikari Warrior

Anyone else concerned about power creep in expansions after reading these?

10. DeadlyOcean

I think this expansion have great power but still they need core pack or SoF for competitive games.

1. Lack of range attackers : well. they have smokes, but I don't think that smoke solve every problem from far away your Aristos.

2. Low Initiative : Most Aristos in that expansion got 4 or 5 Initiative.(even Mutair's base is 3!) so, still Core pack's fighters got their chance.(mostly 6 they are. you know. ;) )

3. looks hard, but actually not : well. 3 aristos in this pack have 4 or less HP. and also half of aristo's Defense value is not good enough without Tactics.

I know Smoke and Mirrors Aristos have their own powerful things, but I don't think that power make them 'balance breaker'.

just my opinion. :D I also worried about power creep things but this pack is not too OP yet i think.

11. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not.

volgo and itsuncertainwho like this.
  12. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

I don't see a power creep yet. The Core box still has staple characters that you have to consider. For instance, Kozmo in an interesting tank, but no one is tanking better than Maximus just yet. No one is faster than Gata just yet. No one devastates like Wild Bill or Lunah from afar. No one messes with board position like Hexx3r.

That's not to say the new characters are not strong in their own way. They have a lot of potential and I can't wait to try them out in some games.

itsuncertainwho and Plebian like this.
  13. infernofury

infernofury New Member

Guys when Will this exp be released??

14. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

Its a June release. So end of June?

15. DeadlyOcean

Kahlain likes this.
  16. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

I think power creep over all will be a hard thing to quantify. I'm sure certain group-think combo's will emerge over time but I have doubts to that being an issue long term. The shear number of Aristo and tactic combinations is going to be so ridiculous by the end of the year that what is and isn't powerful will, like Infinity, be quantifiable only by individual players and what combo's they like.

17. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

I don't have an issue with power creel yet. All the new characters have powerful abilities but also serious holes too.

Wild Bill or Mushasi released now would cause people to flip out with their ability to kill multiple people in a round. Hexxer is just crazy powerful.

There probably will be an interesting meta that will develop. For instance Laxmee is a very powerful counter pick to hexer, being stunned makes vade retro and gotcha waaay less likely to go off, and Laxmee can also purge immobilized off. But Laxmee certainly has her own weakness too.

Parvati is still an ultimate support piece being able to remove states and being able to heal. No one else does that, and fire looks to be a state you really want to remove, the new pack actually buffs her in the meta IMO.

People are amazed at muitar but he can't disengage. His agility is !. If he can't kill something he needs help being displaced to move to score. I'm not saying he's bad, but I am saying there are certainly weakness that can be exploited, such as engaging him with one person and taunting him with another.

Anyway, super excited to see these.

Kahlain, -V-, Plebian and 1 other person like this.
  18. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

I'm quite interested in knowing why do you think S&M presents a power creep problem.

:3

19. Genesis

Genesis Member

i think the core characters are very solid, but you can't put out solid characters forever, cause there will be no "surprise" and fun. the first expansion is quite solid also, but from the second we can see a new trend. new characters become stronger in one domain but very weak in others, and that's the unique feature the game has.
    i don't think it will cause power creep problem, even if, we can still have a ban-pick mode in competitions and design more unique missions and maps to avoid these problems

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  20. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I am not particularity worried about power creep. The first time you face these characters, I think it can be daunting, (especially if you have not read their cards), but I think there are a lot of strategies for dealing with them.
    What I find interesting is how Tao Wu and Murtair cannot break away from another character.
    With the addition of the burning state I think Parvati becomes more useful for her Reset ability.

natetehaggresar likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation