1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Paris

Paris Member

Just so you're aware @atomicfryingpan "virtue-signalling" is a pejorative used almost exclusively by the neoNazi alt-right. Using it in online discourse like this will lead to people making very uncomfortable assumptions about your beliefs. If you want to tell someone that they are lying just say that and leave behind the alt-right jargon, especially in a discussion where individuals are extremely upset about their chosen game faction being portrayed as Nazis.

2. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone here is lying. Everyone here is passionate about the game,faction,fluff. Not to get too off topic but I've never heard that virtue signaling was alt-right/neo nazi exclusive. I believe the first time I even heard it was due to people giving their thoughts and prayers when a tragedy happens.

#302 atomicfryingpan, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Zakalwe and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  3. Death

Death Well-Known Member

""virtue-signalling" is a pejorative used almost exclusively by the neoNazi alt-right."

Actually, virtue signaling can be used by the left and right. Its certainly not exclusive to the alt-right. The term has been around since the late 2000 at least.

Rizzy, Zakalwe, AdmiralJCJF and 4 others like this.
  4. Dude

Dude Master in training

Here's what I see for the future of Yu Jing.
    • Svalarheima (sp?) sectorial. YJ and PanO are both cooking up a sectorial for that hotspot and I don't expect the JSA presence to fare well when squeezed between 2 hyperpowers.
    • Invincible Army sectorial. I'll bet that this will be everything YJ players want it to be: strong and glorious. These are the impressive shiny troops you put on your propaganda posters. Yu Jing leads the way, remember?
    • Blowback from Uprising. There will be top-level investigations into what went wrong and who is responsible. I think @Section9 is wrong about war crimes tribunals, though. The ISS, even psychocrane, acted with the full faith and authority of the Emperor. The failure lies at his feet. He will step down, probably willingly, and a new Emperor will restore the authority of the office. This may or may not come with changes (reforms) to the Imperial Service.

5. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

@Dude I disagree with what you see (though I'd classify them as 'hopes') on one point only, that being that I'm skeptical about the idea the Emperor will willingly step down... doing so is seemingly unprecedented, and triggers a new imperial election where all candidates hail from the Dynasty currently not in power. That is an incredible sacrifice to make, and while not impossible I have trouble picturing it. More likely the Party has to demand it, or just eliminate the emperor to see it done, or popular unrest emerges demanding the Emperor be held to account for abrogating their duties and the StateEmpire accedes to popular demand.

Hoffbauer, Section9 and Aldo like this.
  6. atomicfryingpan

Question for those more versed in the fluff than I. So there's the emperor and the party. Now is it where the emperor is like a figurehead and the party controls all the power which I think is how the JSA one is or is it like the emperor is top of the food chain? Also doesn't the emperor switch back and forth between two families or dynasties? I'm pretty sure I read that in human sphere or somewhere. What I'm getting at, assuming I'm correct about this stuff, is what if the other family says hey we have had enough of you're bullshit and either through force or elections or some special political something or other takes control of YJ citing the uprising as the current emperors failures and wants to reform some of YJ's practices. I think it would be too little too late for jsa to rejoin which would satisfy CB's needs for the split but allow a new direction or almost clean slate which I think a lot of players would like.

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@atomicfryingpan It's like separate branches of government with checks on each other. There's the Party and the Judiciary (which the Emperor is the head of).

8. Hecaton

Also, if any of ya'll know me, you know that "virtue signaling" is the last thing I'm concerned about. @atomicfryingpan that's why I differentiated between what I saw as immoral and what I perceive as bad storytelling in my other post.

atomicfryingpan likes this.
  9. atomicfryingpan

Gotcha, and was I correct on the whole 2 dynasty system as well? I think that would be an interesting space to explore.

10. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

The Emperor fills a ceremonial role in the executive but is also essentially the Supreme Court of Yu Jing, the final highest level of the legal system. When an emperor dies, there is an election amongst candidates from the dynasty the deceased emperor did NOT hail from, so that power is always passed between the two lines... that way no single dynasty can consolidate too much power. Assassination seems to be a potential way to get the other family out and yours in, but I imagine there are motives not to... after all, if you kill an Emperor your family might get the throne next but the rival family will simply do the same and you've lost it once more.

The Party is definitively the highest authority in Yu Jing, for practical purposes being the state's legislative and executive branches, retaining ability to push out an Emperor if needed (perhaps this is an overt legal power, but it may be just that they are well-positioned to carry out the assassination if the need arises).

xagroth, Golem2God and Paris like this.
  11. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@jj.konko I agree with alot of this.
    When I first started Infinity I got the French/MRRF as my first faction/sectorial then I choose PanO as my "hi-tech" faction after that. Then when Flamestrike happened I gravitated towards the Combined because they were under represented and I saw a challenge. However, since Wotan and now Uprising I've been leaning toward Yu Jing more & more due to what seems to be a one side take on the events. The hate and disappointment from the community has only made me want to play them more since people have a "it can't be done" attitude which only strengthens my resolve. So I just wanted to say I'm in your corner and I hope Yu Jing makes a comeback no matter how small it might seem.

jj.konko likes this.
  12. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

I agree with the first two, not based on hope, but on cynicism.

From my POV CB has every cynical moneymaking reason to make Invincible good and glorious. They are the kinda thing people spend loads on.

White Banner will be good and nice because it is going into a 2 player box with PanO, and you don't wanna put "genocide" in big letters in your starting box.

About the third one I kinda doubt it. I think we will hear very little about Uprising. Yu Jing in this was just a water hazard for the brave japanazis to overcome and I think we will get no positive POV from the Yu Jing side. I doubt there'll be much consequence either in any way, shape or form.

13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. @xagroth and @Varsovian (iirc) would be screaming about how that's not what it says in Spanish.

I agree with your first two points, but I can only hope that CB does something for the third. So far, it doesn't seem like it.

There is no mention of a YJ Emperor ever abdicating. So I think that either the Party or the other Dynasty will assassinate the sitting Emperor to be able to force changes in the system.

I mean, the old rule in China was that the only way a rebellion could succeed was when the Emperor had lost the Mandate of Heaven. If YJ still believes that (and I'm pretty sure they do, since modern China sees The Party as the ruling dynasty and the Emperor currently amuses himself to be called President), then the sitting Emperor needs to go through whatever means are available, just to restore the Mandate of Heaven.

And I can only hope that the new Emperor does a whole lot of purging of the ISS. I mean, he'd pretty much have to, just to save face internationally.

No YJ Emperor has ever been stripped of his titles, there's just the one case of an Emperor "accidentally falling over a staircase and accidentally dying" (read as: The Party assassinated him but covered it up to preserve the fiction that the Emperor is not controlled by the Party). So I don't think a legal means for the Party to strip an Emperor of his power and titles even exists.

14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not draw my conclusion for the general population of a country from its intelligence agency and its internal security forces (and secret service), they are institutions that indeed operate within a country and not at a vacuum but their role and function is not representative of a countries population.

So yes, ISS is ISS it is not Yu Jing, you cannot represent Yu Jing by the actions of ISS.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. Eldritch

Eldritch Well-Known Member

That's a shallow and jingoistic idea of what constitutes a country.

If the major security apparatus that maintains the very existence of a country isn't representative of a country then what the hell is?

What next "The emperor, nah that's just some guy not even important. The entire judiciary, disconnected individuals, barely even know each other and probably haven't even heard of Yu Jing. The army? Nah that's basically just a street gang..."

The short of it is, if the American military invades my country that IS America invading as a country. The end.

16. Hecaton

The Emperor endorses the Yuandun division. Do you have a factual basis for what you're trying to get across or is the goal just to tell people that their complaints are unfounded?

Paris likes this.
  17. atomicfryingpan

I feel like a new emperor taking power would be a good way to finish out the current chapter and start a new one with a focus on the imperial army. Obviously cb will never be able to please everyone but I do feel like it would be a win win. Everyone who wants to play the ultimate bad guys have the yuanduan to play as for a bit. For everyone who wants to put the messiness of th fluff behind them would have the opportunity and we could get new fluff about how certain leadership in the iss has changed or been removed to make sure pr nightmares don't happen again. People who still wanna play the iss will be able to with new fluff saying how they recognized the fuck ups during the uprising and they can't afford those anymore. If you enjoy your gray a little darker then there is all the political intrigue involved with deposing an emperor and establishing a new one. Maybe give the minor ninja clans to shine. @Section9 @xagroth @Hecaton if cb made a move like that how would it make you guys feel about the faction/fluff

Furiat likes this.
  18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Then CB needs to write some stories about YJ-in-general, not just specifically about the freaking ISS.

Because right now all the stories we have to go on are about the ISS.

Happier, but it would have been much better to not be at the point of needing new Imperial Elections and some major War Crimes Tribunals in the first place.

19. atomicfryingpan

Yeah I could imagine if they were going in the direction I typed up they'd say something like this was needed to make it so jsa would never go back or something along those lines.

20. Hecaton

Why was that so important that it was worth torpedoing Yu Jing's characterization?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation